[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who had done the tran Siberian railway? I'm making my way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Who had done the tran Siberian railway? I'm making my way up to Russia slowly and want to do this badly, any advice? I want to go all the way to Beijing,I met someone on the road who said you can plan it so you have a few days in each country which is what I want to do.
>>
>I met someone on the road who said you can plan it so you have a few days in each country

What? You have few days in which countries and how is this connected to traveling the transsib?

Oh and Transsib is...well...not that amusing as it might sound. You're basically trapped 7 days inside mediocre train with strangers. Very boring.
>>
>>1116860
It was a guy at a bar, I was kinda drunk but he was saying in countries like Mongolia you can stop off for a few days. So instead of buying one long ticket you just buy it in sections
>>
>>1116858
There are scenic trains, and then there are historic trains, and then there are historic trains that aren't scenic at all. It's the latter.

So, to understand this rightly, you need to be immersed in the historical nature of it all in your head to find some kind of cool train romance going on in your mind, because the reality is that you are basically riding with people who chose not to fly, at the cheapest time in history for air travel. Why is that? They are a special class of people, that's why. So if you get into some tour with those amazing historic plush private cars, awesome, but don't expect amazing vistas throughout those 7 days. When you google pictures, you'll see the same exact 3 vistas.

Also, I hope you adore cigarette smoke. I'm not saying don't go, but everyone who has done it was highly disappointed at the reality. It's long.
>>
>>1116869
Thanks fir the reality check I appreciate the honesty. I could fly but I just think it would be cool to do the transsib no matter how miserable it is, i am a smoker so I wouldn't mind that. I think it will be miserable but maybe I'm just looking fir a reason to pack enough alcohol to get drunk for 7 days with some other strangers
>>
its one of those things that you can later just say that you have done instead of actually enjoying it that much, youre just going to be stuck in a train for over a week and there's nothing really to do except get drunk every night
>>
>>1116876
Thanks what I'm looking for as a traveler/functioning alcoholic, I'll let you guys know how it guess in a couple of weeks maybe
>>
>>1116879
they limit the amount of booze you can bring
>>
>>1116869
Transsib is not a historic heritage train ride you dimwit. It's an absolutely normal everyday train used by locals, because, you know, in Russia the flights aren't actually THAT cheap because not so high demand and the train is still cheaper. Also safer.
So yeah, you don't get no scenic neither heritage experience.
>>
>>1116858
Did the vodka train in July last year. Was fuckin HEKTIK m8
AMA
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.