[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dubai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: articles107-802.jpg (134 KB, 993x594) Image search: [Google]
articles107-802.jpg
134 KB, 993x594
I'm travelling to Dubai - to visit a cousin there next month. I'm spending 4/5 days there.

I don't care much about shopping malls and all this shit (i'd never go there if it wasn't for family)... Are they some nice museums there ? Ideally contemporary art museums. I tried google of course but there doesn't seem to be anything...

Isn't Dubai like abu-dhabi or Doha with many many museums ??
I have no clue...
>>
Dubai, I've heard of that place. It's where people from South Asia go to take photographs to post on social media.
>>
>>1116265
I'm really not asian - that's not an option then - maybe i shall go with the attitude of a zoologist or sociologist and take pictures of those asian fellows posting shit on instagram. Apart from that I still have no clue... It looks so damn fake and dull
>>
>>1116252
There is no culture in Dubai. Theres one tiny rinky dink museum that basically says for thousands of years it was just a shit hole in the desert with some sand huts, then they found oil and now they're rich.

Theres a couple sort of unique things like the desert safari, but they are few and far between. Shopping, paying insane amounts for alcohol at hotels, and similar activities is all there is to do. Its a fake city
>>
>>1116252
Go to Abu Dhabi while there. Or even visit some of the neighboring countries. Bahrain has a great museum, a bunch of old forts, and the burial mounds, and stuff. Dilmun Empire stuff
>>
>>1116252
Resident here for the past 2 years. Not into the whole shopping malls and velvet rope club scene either...

Contemporary art museums - there aren't any here, but some in Abu Dhabi, which is approx an hours drive from Dubai. As for small independent galleries, there are plenty that have a revolving door of different exhibits - check the Al Quoz area to start your search.

Btw - next month is June. It will be very hot and ramadan starts on 6 June - no eating or drinking in public during the day and no live music at night this includes restaurant music.
>>
>>1116337
>>1116342
Art galleries was another thing Bahrain had: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adliya

Ramadan is the worst time to visit, even half the locals break for Thailand during Ramadan
>>
>>1116345
>>1116342
>>1116337

Thanks a lot for all these precious advice - i'll try to reschedule my stay there to avoid ramadan
Also if Abu Dhabi is this close then it would be stupid not to go there.

thanks a lot /trv/
>>
I live here I can answer any questions you want

Also when people come here and only visit the new parts/shopping complexes no shit there are not gonna find 'culture'
>>
>>1116455
also if you are looking for art events check this venue they host them from to time http://alserkalavenue.ae/en/index.php there are a lot of modern art exhibits around the city check the reddit's /r/dubai what to do this weekend thread
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.