[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hawaii
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: Waikiki_Beach,_Honolulu.jpg (831 KB, 2000x1126) Image search: [Google]
Waikiki_Beach,_Honolulu.jpg
831 KB, 2000x1126
Heading to Hawaii in a few days, what are some of /trv/s experiences there?
>>
where in hawaii? i've been to the big island a few times. have some family in kona.
>>
1. Expect to spend a lot of money. On everything.
2. Expect a lot of rude, white Americans.
3. Expect overcrowded beaches.
4. Expect "natives" to treat you like shit if you're not buying something from them.
>>
>>1115675
don't listen to this dingus.

which island(s)?
>>
File: IMG_1628.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1628.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
You going to Oahu, OP? Hike, hike, hike. Get /out/.

>>1115675
1. True, very true
2. All tourists are so happy they're incapable of being rude. Native whites are justified in resenting tourists, I guess.
3. Even Waikiki wasn't as bad as I'd expected. Shame Hanauma bay is so overrun.
4. Natives are abrupt, but I actually like the way they butt into conversations with strangers, just because they have something to contribute.
>>
File: IMG_8716.jpg (4 MB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8716.jpg
4 MB, 4272x2848
Lived on the Big Island last year. I don't recommend it. But if you're just going to visit then whatever. If you're going to the big island there's still a few secrets here and there, but for the most part the whole island has been Americanized.
>>
>>1115687
>Native whites
Anon...
>>
If you're going to the Big Island and you're going to be Kona-side, then there's only a few good bars to drink at. Dolphin Spit is alright, as is the Mad Marlin, most kids/tourists don't go there because it's "full of old people" which is BS. Down the street is "My Bar" which is the gay club if you're into that sort of thing. Then there's all the bars on Ali'i Drive, which are all touristy as fuck.

Most of these places can be found on Google maps, by the way.
>>
File: White road.jpg (287 KB, 1154x600) Image search: [Google]
White road.jpg
287 KB, 1154x600
Further north on the Big Island is Waimea and Pololu valley, among other spots to check out. If you know where to look you can end up hiking above Waimea Valley into White Road, allowing you to see shit like pic related.
>>
Bump
Not OP but I managed to win 3 days at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu
>>
>>1115673
went to kona for the ironman last year, had the craziest night of my life at laverne's
>>
>>1116665

Fuck Lavernes. It's where rich babbies pretend they're ravers/
>>
>>1116681
>your fun isn't relevant
>>
File: af00131.jpg (4 KB, 170x113) Image search: [Google]
af00131.jpg
4 KB, 170x113
If you rent a car make trash the interior. Make it look like you live in it. Trash and chip and soda bottles. A lot of e hippies on smack like to rip off tourists.
>>
Big Island has the most variety for your stay - nice beaches, great hiking, volcanoe excursions,etc.

But, I'd highly recommend venturing west to Kauai. The kalalau trail was one of the best experiences of my life...searching for some pics to share now. Spending a few nights roughing it on kalalau beach is the best way to experience Hawaii in my opinion.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.