[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else get lonely when travelling alone? How do you deal with it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160418_174000.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160418_174000.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Anyone else get lonely when travelling alone? How do you deal with it?
>>
>>1115557
Go hang out at a good night spot, have a few drinks and chill, just start randomly talking to people, or go stay at a backpackers
>>
>>1115557
Fuck using tinder.
>>
travel with other people
>>
>>1115557
Go on couch surfing and ask people to hang out. You don't have to stay at their place.
>>
Sometimes there are moments when I feel alone not very often. That said, I'm mostly at ease when I'm alone but I also find it very easily to meet and connect with new people (e.g. at hostels) if I want to
>>
Hitchhike. You're forced to talk so much all day you can't wait to get away from people.
>>
I'm leaving on a solo trip specifically to be alone for a little while.

9,000 miles, 27 days, Chicago to Alaska and back. It's going to be wonderful.
>>
Does anyone ever have any issue with travelling with friends? Like all my like minded friends who would of liked to do the same shit as me (skii, get high as shit, see the country) don't have enough money and all my friends who do have enough to go just wanna stick to the cities and sight seeing.

Would I be better off just going alone and finding people in hostels than travelling with these other friends?
>>
>>1115723
Ye
>>
>>1115723
Most likely. Your friends are highly replacable and you don't have to have them stick around you all the time(!).
>>
>>1115711
Watch out for mosquitoes. They never tell you about the mosquitoes when they tell you about Alaska.
>>
>>1115991
I'm going to be bringing with me two types of insect repellent, one for the skin one for the clothes. I'm worried that won't be enough, any suggestions?
>>
>>1115557
Traveling is probably the only time I don't get lonely. I love exploring the world more than I love people in general and when I'm seeing new things. Ya know when I do get lonely? When I'm back home in the office wading through a shit ton of work I'd rather not be doing.

If I'm traveling and I meet people they sometimes ask me to go places with them but since I've got other plans I just sort of ignore these.

You can always hitchhike. I do not recommend it though.
>>
>>1115557
I like to say I always travel by myself, but I never travel alone. I go on a trip alone and then find other people along the way to join up with and travel around together and hang out.
>>
>>1116091
Well Alaska seem generally cold so just cover up?
>>
I prefer to travel alone and whenever I get lonely I just bombard whatever social media account I have with photos from my trip.
The responses at least sustains me while abroad.
>>
>>1115557
I've been traveling alone since summer of 2014. You get used to it
>>
>>1116091
netted clothing if you can

you gotta keep your whole body covered for the most part
>>
>Saving up money for a huge road trip from western Europe to Siberia and Tuva or Mongolia
>Want to find someone I love to go with me
>tfw deep in the closet and too afraid to come out because it might conflict with my job
>Might have to ride alone through the mountains of Kyrgyzstan and Mongolia
>Too timid to ask the only other guy I knew from high school to travel with me; He loves travel but just got into a relationship the DAY BEFORE I was going to ask if he wanted to get a coffee
>I've had to turn others away because I partly feel guilty about it, plus I come from a horribly homophobic family

Feels. I just want to go on a road trip with my non-existing bf. Four or five years and maybe there could be changes. I'll save and hope in the mean time.

Hold me, /trv/
>>
File: IMG_0605.jpg (121 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0605.jpg
121 KB, 720x1280
>>1115723

Im taking a two month trip to Europe this summer. I have a good friend who is coming over and we are going to travel for 3 weeks and visit some mutual friends we have in Europe together. Honestly I'm not really looking forward to it. I've only ever traveled alone. I consider this guy a really good friend of mine but spending every day together for 3 weeks, fuck that. I have a hard enough time spending more than a weekend with my friends. Oh well, maybe after 5 weeks of being on my own it will be nice to have someone to hangout with, but probably not, I'm a very independent person.

Anyone else have similar experience traveling with good friends? How did it go? I've seen "best friends" at each others throats in hostels before.
>>
>>1116542
>putting a great, life changing experience on hold for the sake of a person who doesn't even exist

disgusting
>>
>>1116560
>putting it off until I have the money and hoping to find someone in the mean time

Even with couchsurfing, it'll be expensive. Car repairs, paperwork, bribes, and food. Plus if the time comes around, I might need to go alone and do some self-reflection along the way.
>>
>>1116542
I'm sorry mate, hopefully you can manage to overcome this or find somebody else. Good luck, farewell
>>
Im alone and drunk, the Russian in my hostel won't turn down his game of thrones. Thought traveling on this trip would make me happier, it hasn't. Only made a few friends on the road so far, fucking don't know what to do when my money runs out
>>
>>1116559
It has more advantages than disadvantages however you always have to be prepared to make compromises. Remember keeping a good relationship with co-travelers is the most important on long journeys.
>>
One question.
Is it safe to travel to Seoul alone?
I'm 20.
>>
>>1115557
Currently traveling alone. Making the four corner states loop (Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah). First time traveling alone and I thought it would be weird too. I like being alone some of the time and it turns out I like being alone out here too, and honestly it is a blessing while traveling because you set the pace and the itinerary. Like the other anon said you don't have to worry about some dickweed who doesn't have enough money holding you back. Find things to do that take up your day like seeing a major sight. If you do it right you will only be alone and relaxing in the evenings, or when en route to somewhere else. Find a book, podcast, tv if you have it where you are crashing. Take pleasure in your own company because you might not always have the time to do so.
>>
File: 1404149332969.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1404149332969.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>1115557
Get a travel pet. Like a doggy :D
>>
>>1116091
there's this yellow misquito-repellent wrist band that I've used in N.Y. during the summer and it works pretty well. It doesn't last very long though
>>
>>1116868
Yes, Seoul is very safe.
There are no niggers or organized crime
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.