[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scandinavia thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Escandinávia.jpg (213 KB, 909x701) Image search: [Google]
Escandinávia.jpg
213 KB, 909x701
Hi /trv/

One of my inifinite travel plans is going to Scandinavia, and this would be my route:
Copenhagen/Malmö - 7d
Gotemburg - 3d
Oslo - 5d
Stockholm - 5d
Turku - 3d
Helsinhi - 5d
Here is the problem: would it br feasible to get a two-day ferry from Helsinki to Copenhagen? Also, would my trip be any good?
>>
You're missing out on the unique landscapes and beauty of Norway. You should stick that it in if you possible can.
>>
>>1115545
Helsinkifag here
>would it br feasible to get a two-day ferry from Helsinki to Copenhagen?
Unfortunately no. U'll have to go to stockholm and through sweden.
>>
>>1115552
to add: Imo 8 days in Finland is too long. Maybe go further west in norway rather.
>>
like previous poster said, 8 days in Finland is WAY too long. I'd skip Turku completely and probably lower Helsinki to 3-4 days, unless you have a special interest in finland. Transfer those days instead to Stockholm and Norway
>>
File: IMG_0483.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0483.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
As everyone else is saying 8 days in Funland is too long. It might be worth it to trade a couple days of Finland and maybe head to the west coast of Norway, to Bergen for example. The train from Oslo to Bergen is one of the most magnificent train rides in Europe in my honest opinion.
>>
>>1115545
>5 days in oslo
Literally why, all you need is like 2 days in Oslo unless you want to burn your time and wallet
>>
>>1115545
the area you where you look like you're going to spend the majority of your time is the most boring area in all of scandinavia really, you're missing the beautiful lakes of finland and the gorgeous landscapes of coastal norway by just sticking to the major cities
>>
>>1115545
also brfag here...

Going to europe in June for 40 days... Is it worth going to Scandinavia or should I do it another time?
>>
>>1115545
In a pinch Stockholm and Copenhagen are the only cities worth spending more than 1-2 days in. Skip some of the others and go to coastal Norway instead.
>>
>>1116057
OP here, and with some experience with Europe. Some questions:
- If you can transfer your travel to at least October, it would be better. June-September is high season in Europe.
- How is your budget? If it is a low one, I would recommend you Central-Eastern Europe - and even Russia and Ukraine (Western Ukraine has no problem by now), as we Brazilians don't need visa to go there. Elisabeth Arden axis is expensive and Scandinavia (plus Switzerland) is even more expensive. I'm just doing this thread now to travel, maybe, in the next year.
- What is the purpose of your travel? To know historical places, to go to museums, to party hard...? Latin Europe, Germanic Europe, Slavic Europe or a few of both?
>>
Not OP, but I'm going to Copenhagen for 3 nights and I need some ideas.
>>
>>1115545
Oslo is awful, you might as well not travel to Norway.
>>
Do the Trolltunga hike in Norway. Fucking incredible.
>>
File: thai_island_koh_tachai_map624.png (29 KB, 624x370) Image search: [Google]
thai_island_koh_tachai_map624.png
29 KB, 624x370
>>1118030
hope you weren't planing to go here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36309103
>>
>>1115545
One other thing you can do is taking the ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo. A really nice trip :)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.