[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
6 month journey in Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: stubbs-ks51-lg.jpg (57 KB, 612x350) Image search: [Google]
stubbs-ks51-lg.jpg
57 KB, 612x350
my gf and I are planning a trip to europe to see a lot of places we always wanted to go. We are looking for a 6 month journey, how feasible is this in terms of getting it done, getting tired, interaction money? I proabably gonn save up around 5000 euros so we are most likely gonna rough it most of the time. Looking for other ppl who've done the same.
>>
you really think the two of you can manage with only 27€ per day? maybe in eastern europe you could but if you don't want to sleep on the streets i doubt you could do that in the west
>>
What do you want to see and do while in Europe? What kind of travel do you prefer? When you aay you're planning to rough it out, what do you have in mind specifically?

I've travelled all western europe usually without money, so I know what I think as roughing it out, but on a 800€ monthly budget I think your anticipation and forethought on rough might be a little different than mine.
>>
Quite impossible, senpai.

Travel costs alone (planes, buses, trains) will bleed you dry. Then comes a roof above your head. Then comes food. Then comes basic necessities and toiletries. And this is in a scenario where you can't afford to buy a pack of gum.

If you want more detailed info, post your itinerary/travel wishlist.
>>
>>1115423
>save up around 5000 euros so we are most likely gonna rough it
You won't be a "we" for very long in that case.
>>
>>1115469
one can do 27 a day perfectly fine in most european cities.
>>
>>1115479
>Travel costs alone (planes, buses, trains) will bleed you dry.
this isnt really a reality if you plan ahead, and use services such as blablacar and be wise upon spending. We are planning on landing in bergen, then manage ourselves to oslo then to stockholm, after that we are looking to fly to kiruna 30 dollars one trip. We are eyeing on spending around 3-5 days in each city, oslo might be up for discussion though. After that its pretty much - not planned yet - at the moment but obviously we are going to the eastern states, specially the Mediterranean and stick to it.
Gues you guys are right, 5000 for 6 months might be a bit to little, I might cut it short to 3 months.

>What do you want to see and do while in Europe?

We both are humanities majors and museums, historic landmarks, architecture do it for us. I am also huge into landscape and "nature". gf wants to see the northerns lights, hence Kiruna. Not into nightlife or luxury lodging. We pretty much know what we are up to.

>When you aay you're planning to rough it out, what do you have in mind specifically?
Camp throughout the week, use couchsurfing or parks. Maybe afford a hostel here and there.
>>
>>1115543
camping can be just as expensive as hostels, especially in the summer
>>
>>1115536
True, but not if you have to buy food and a place to sleep together
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.