[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where are the best pubs/bars located in London? I'll be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: underground.gif (102 KB, 871x593) Image search: [Google]
underground.gif
102 KB, 871x593
Where are the best pubs/bars located in London? I'll be visiting in a few weeks and will be in the Pimlico area. There aren't a whole lot of bars in the area so I'm trying to figure out where to go with my brother.

Looking for places with a younger (20's) crowd with reasonable (i.e. 5 gbp/pint or less) prices. The trendier the better, but not looking for clubs. We are planning to take the tube/use uber (if uber is even a good option in London) so we can stray a little far.

Thanks
>>
I should add that when I say trendy I just mean popular, not "chic" or fancy or anything. I don't care if they serve 100 different types of scotch or lit their shots on fire or whatever. I just want a popular place to chill where we can maybe talk to some strangers and shoot the shit
>>
>>1115358
Taxi driver in London here
>Shoreditch
>Hoxton
>Soho
>West-end
>Covent Garden
>Camden
>Clapham
>Brixton
>Stoke Newington
>Chelsea
>Putney
>City of London (Mon-Fri)
>>
>>1115380
>>1115380
>>>1115358 (OP)
>>Shoreditch
Amazing
>>Hoxton
Classy, a bit hipstery but awesome
>>Soho
Shit, full of faggots
>>West-end
Tourist trap
>>Covent Garden
Has its places, a decent choice
>>Camden
A bit run down but you'll have fun
>>Clapham
Dunno, never been
>>Brixton
If you meet the right people, you'll find the right places
>>Stoke Newington
One of the last white neighborhoods left in London just wife beating middle aged fat white people
>>Chelsea
Mate that's hours away from pimlico
>>Putney
Has gentrification hit there already?
>>City of London (Mon-Fri)
Everything shuts down about 7pm, don't bother
>>
>>1115380
>>1115482
Thanks guys

How long will it take to get to the shoreditch/hoxton area from Pimlico? If there's a tool for this one the web please let me know

I was leaning towards soho because it's closer and I did discover that a bunch of the bars I was looking at online there were gay bars / for the "fashion" crowd and I want to avoid that, but since it's convenient and there are still lots of things there that's where I was leaning towards.

But if it takes 30 minutes or less to get to the Shoreditch/Hoxton area I'll definitely go there
>>
>>1115650
30 mins is feasible, get the tube to Old Street (Victoria line from Pimlico to Kings Cross, change for the Northern line southbound), and you're there
>>
>>1115652
Thanks a ton, the area around the Angel stop looks perfect! Any specific recommendations?
>>
>>1115656
The wetherspoons from across the station is a good starting point then just make your way up upper street and Islington green
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.