[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>never really traveled before >going to NYC alone for 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: new-york-city-09[1].jpg (1 MB, 3648x2368) Image search: [Google]
new-york-city-09[1].jpg
1 MB, 3648x2368
>never really traveled before
>going to NYC alone for 8 days
>staying at a hostel, just so I have more opportunities to meet people
how do i have a good time?

been to Montreal alone for work. t b h it felt lonely going to restaurants and places by myself. didn't meet anyone

things I plan on doing:
>hiking breakneck ridge (never really hiked before though)
>restaurants, places without waiters, so you can go alone:
>>halal guys stand
>>shake shack
would like to go to others (like sit in restaurants like ninja new york), but afraid of waiting in long lines by myself or sitting at tables meant for groups by myself
>attractions
>>museum of modern art
>>central park
>>empire state and/or the rock
>>highline park
>>brooklyn bridge

i'm thinking of going to bars. but i don't go to them here at home (no friends to go with). i don't know what to wear, or even what to say to complete strangers at bars.

what do i even say to those at the hostel if i wanted to hang with other travelers?
help
>>
Don't worry OP, you're probably guaranteed to have a great time. you are at least 6'3" right?
>>
>>1114888
what hostel and how much is it?
>>
File: wR1bzAJ[1].jpg (108 KB, 960x719) Image search: [Google]
wR1bzAJ[1].jpg
108 KB, 960x719
>>1114905
it's called HI New York, around $70USD/night

>pic from the hostel's facebook page
>tfw see all these normies
>>
>>1114888
just be a cool dude, op. that's all you need to do.

don't know that hostel, but i stayed at the one in chelsea and had a great time. just be friendly and open to chatting. don't seem overly enthusiastic or anything. just do your own thing.
>>
>>1114892
>you are at least 6'3" right?
0/10

>>1114955
>just be a cool dude
i don't know if this is worse than "just b urself" or not. if i knew how to be a cool dude, i wouldn't be a kissless virgin with no friends
>>
>>1115364
Not to super duper rain on your parade, but if you haven't made friends at home, what makes you think it's even going to make friends in a completely unfamiliar, normie-infested situation?
>>
has someone maps the great walks in manhattan?
>>
>>1114909
Hostels have areas where people hang out and smoke/drink. Just hang out there, and you'll get into convs with other people. If you're having a good time, you'll likely invite you along to stuff.

>>1115364
Ah... that's no good. Good luck i guess.
>>
>>1114888
Nice trips... When will you be there OP? I will be in NYC next week. Maybe we could chill
>>
>>1115400
i've read posts saying traveling to hostels is a good experience and it's easy to meet people

>>1115447
>Ah... that's no good. Good luck i guess.
;_;

>>1115631
i'll be there on the 28th
>>
>>1115708
Aww man thats the day I leave. Hope you have a great time bro.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.