[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Work in australian farm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: AU01_DFR0002_M.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
AU01_DFR0002_M.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
Hello guys,while i traveled in thailand i talked with a lots of people who were working in australia in some farm and did a lot of good money while training their english.

My current contract is gonna end soon and i wonder if i could go or not.

Do you have some advice, some guide etc etc.
>>
>>1114636
Dont go fruit picking. Its modern day slavery. If you do rural you can stretch out your working holiday visa for another year.
>>
>>1114636
Advice... yes and no. If you can get into shearing (well, technically rousing, which is a fancy word for picking up wool) you'll be onto a pretty good wicket. Very hard work, but easy enough to pick up. I make about $1,000 a week doing that, most of the work is over summer. You usually get fed as part of the deal, and a lot of the shearers follow the work so there's always somewhere you can stay.
Generally farmwork in Aus, at least where I'm from Victoria) is over the summer, so Dec-Apr, the rest of the year is just waiting for shit to grow. You'll need your own transport.
Have a look on Gumtree.com.au or buy the Weekly Times when you get over here, farmers will often advertise in the paper rather than online, cos they're old fucks.
You can make decent money fruit picking, but there's definitely some snakes out there ripping people off. Minimum wage is about $18.50 an hour, but most pickkers get paid by the kilo, so you want to be sure you're getting more than that for getting fried out in the sun every day.

There is real money to be made working rurally, but don't be under any illusions: droving, shearing, or if you're lucky enough to get picked up for a muster - it's really fucking hard work
>>
>>1114904

Yeah i heard that, not gonna do that if i can, otherwise i'll just chill in france.

>>1114910

Thanks for the advice, i think i'll try to find a job before going there. Otherwise i'll be a bit fucked.
>>
>>1114904
>$17 an hour to pick avocadoes
modern-day slavery, boo hoo hoo
>>
>>1115413
>i think i'll try to find a job before going there.
honestly good luck with that, you'll have much less trouble if you can just rock up and trial. Rural work's a bit more informal
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.