[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3 months in Malta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: Malta.png (19 KB, 455x230) Image search: [Google]
Malta.png
19 KB, 455x230
I just got to know that my workplace is sending me to Malta, where I'll spend 3 months, September-October-November and will work in a full-time job in La Valletta.
However my work can't even suggest me an accomodation, and even if it could I'd still would like to get all kinda info about this country.
So please if you know anything share it, if you can suggest something it's even better. I've got about 1000 eur a month for everything so have to keep it cheap.
>>
I have detailed knowledge of the area and I can answer any question you might have.
I can also help you find suitable accomodation in a good area, or steer you in the right direction on things like hiring a car.

If you want my help, post a throwaway and I will get back to you.
>>
File: 1302069249104.jpg (13 KB, 204x225) Image search: [Google]
1302069249104.jpg
13 KB, 204x225
>>1114394
Please write here, thanks.
[email protected]
>>
File: coinsss.jpg (602 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
coinsss.jpg
602 KB, 1632x1224
>>1114360
I´m from Malta. Ask me anything
>>
>>1115235
Where to find cheap accomodation? Are there any other options than airbnb?
Also I need a gym, too.
>>
A friend of mine is going to Malta for a month in November. I am soooo jealous. She will be living in one of the small islands about 45 minutes ferry ride from the main island. She also happens to be an attractive single woman. Is she safe?
>>
File: beach.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
beach.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>1115399
first of all, what do you consider cheap in terms of price ?

>>1115401
there are only 2 habited islands, so that's most like Gozo island which is 20 minutes by ferry.
>>
>>1115403
I have about 3000 euros for the 3 months, which has to be enough for everything, acconodation, food, sightseeing, whatever. Gozo island is a big no for me, as I hate ferrying. I'll be working in Floriana in a full time job.
>>
File: strand2.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
strand2.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>1115410

Count on 5/600 euro rent per month (it doesn't really come cheaper) Avoid these areas as there is a lot of problematic drug use and illegal African immigrants: Gzira / tax Biex/ Marsa

There are quit a few groups on faceboo (open and closed) where people offer place for rent.
>>
>>1115421
How good/expensive is the public transport? I want to check out as many places as possible, do I need a car?
I want to party too, what clubs can you recommend? Will taxidrivers rip me off?
>>
File: not again.jpg (229 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
not again.jpg
229 KB, 980x735
>>1115429
you pay 2 euro per ride (included switching from one line to another) so that's pretty cheap.. and if you have an electronic bus card you pay 75 cent per ride.

Malta is really small, so you don't need a car. Though keep in mind that the last buses go at around 23:00 in the evening and first one at around 5:00 in the morning.

Buses are quit good, but not always very reliable.. sometimes bus drivers cut off part of the routes, they don't stop at bus stops, they don't know the route.. but it could be worse. ..

8 out of 10 times I am on time at work (I work in Sliema)

Taxi drivers are not known to rip people off here. At least I never heard of it... And if they do, we are talking about 5 euro. So normally they ask 15 euro for a certain ride for example.. when they see someone who looks rich they ask 20 euro... Peanuts in the end...

I'm not a party person. However I do know a bit about it. If you are young you go to paceville/st Julians. . You see all the kids and teenagers drinking there. It's a bit like Ibiza. Older people go out in places like Bugibba...
>>
>>1115429
definitely register for a talinja card before going to malta.
>>1115487
i miss sliema, great memories. i did an internship in paceville 2 years ago and stayed in sliema.
Getting drunk on cheap lachryma wine and going for a swim in the night on the seafront, running around barefeet on the street. the african man and the maltese lady who sell flowers. the german and his serbian girlfriend on their boat....
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.