[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Argentina?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: argent.jpg (8 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
argent.jpg
8 KB, 256x197
So a friend of mine met a chick after moving to Argentina like 2 months ago and is now getting married. He invited me to the wedding. I'm considering going, as I have a few months off this summer, but flights are fucking expensive from North America. So I need some feedback.

Argentina: Yea or nay? How long to stay? Are there other places nearby that are cheap/easily reachable?
>>
>>1114354
>Getting married within 2 months of moving to a place and meeting some girl
Gee, what could possibly go wrong...
>>
>>1114355

lol I know. I told him about the South American curse (hot young women turn into entitled slobs after they've wifed) but he didn't listen
>>
I'm assuming you'll come to Buenos Aires (Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires), so... you should start looking for motels at Microcentro, you can find some good affordable places there (from the most cheap shitholes to fucking expensive ones). Pretty much everything is around that area (bus, subway, taxi, restaurants, party hard, etc).
Also I suggest to use a Payoneer prepaid card just in case, it's useful.
>>
>>1114361

I'm not bothered by prices once I get there. I just don't feel like shelling out like $1000 for a flight there.
>>
>>1114357

>hot young women turn into entitled slobs after they've wifed
>South American curse

You mean the woman curse?
>>
>>1114494
It's worse with Latinas....actually it's bad from the beginning.
>>
>>1114354
I'm an argie, 6 generation argie. Feel free to ask me anything I can tell you off the bat to avoid our beaches, the water is brown and smells like shit
>>
>>1114584
Yeah they are gold diggers, get together with one of our women and they immediately are the same nationality S you are and everyone else is beneath them, you are a lucky guy tho because they will physically fight for you if you are from Europe or any other rich country, no matter if you are a doctor or a Walmart employee (but tell them you are a doctor anyways just to be safe)
>>
you should consider going if you like nature travel. Like, up north there's beautiful desert stuff, and down south there's Patagonia...
And if you have at the very least 2 weeks, better a couple of months time.

Otherwise going just for Buenos Aires +whatever other city your friend lives in is not worth it.

I mean, yeah, the steaks are great but so what. And you can sample latin-american culture closer to home and for less money (Mexico, duh)
>>
also, overland travel inside is cheap (but slow), flights are not.
Nearby places: in the north cross over to Bolivia for salar Uyuni and Chile for San Pedro de Atacama, and int the South to Chile for Torres del Paine (just the most well-known part but there are lots of similar sites)

takes time though
>>
>>1114354
Hrm, that's pretty fast.

If you can go wayyy before the wedding, I'd say do it. If you think you'll hang much with a couple after the wedding, maybe not so likely. Locals are awesome people, and a bit more sophisticated and/or european than you might think. I'd totally go if it's a close friend that warrants the expense (or your budget). I'd say $700-900 is typical.
>>
>>1114789
Don't listen to this moron. The city of Buenos Aires shores a gigantic river, what do you expect? Go south for nicer beaches, in other provinces if possible but everything below Mar del plata is beautiful. Try Monte Hermoso.
>>
>>1114361
Disregard the motels. Absolutely go to the hostels in Buenos Aires. Some of the most awesome places I've stayed in my life, met some of the greatest travel-people there. Get a private room if you feel uncomfortable abour dorms.

BA is by far my favourite city outside of my hometown. The people are well-cultured, they like to party, are accessible and well-read. BA is a clusterfuck of nightlife, stylish shopping, cozy-as-fuck cafés and cheap but incredible restaurants. Waking up without a hangover is a challenge unto itself. Around every corner there is an antiques market, street tango and beer drinking. The buildings are old and stunningly beautiful while also being run down.

Argentina is such an awesome countries. Other places to consider: Mendoza, Córdoba and especially Salta! When outside Buenos Aires, see to it that you do some nature stuff (trecking, riding, sight-seeing) outside the cities. When one has spent time in BA, the other cities feel emptied of interest after about two days. The nature around Salta is fucking amazing.

I know quite a bit about northers Argentina and especially Buenos Aires, please ask me if you have further questions.
>>
>>1114354
if you like nature there are cool things to see, but expect to fly to the far south or the Andes
nightlife in Buenos Aires is very active too, and argentinian girls are usually cute and outgoing

not a country i'd spend the summer in though, maybe like 2 or 3 weeks tops. A weekend in Buenos Aires is great too, cheap af for a big city

also the girl may be a gold digger but i wouldn't judge too quick, especially if it's my friend's fiancée
>>
I went to Buenos Aires twice over the last year. Fell in love the first time (with the country and with someone). Went back again. Now planning my 3rd trip in 18 months.

Once you get there you realize that although the flight is expensive as hell there are very few places on the planet where you can find people, institutions, nightlife, food and architecture of such beauty. It is an amazing place.

You're a fool if you don't go to that wedding. I would not hesitate to borrow money to make it happen.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.