[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Costa Rica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: DirkvdM_orosi_valley_bird.jpg (226 KB, 1136x852) Image search: [Google]
DirkvdM_orosi_valley_bird.jpg
226 KB, 1136x852
Hey guys,

I pretty spontaneously booked a ticket to Costa Rica last night. I'll be flying into San Jose on May 31st and leaving on the 9th of June. It's a short span of time, and I'm wondering what I can and should do to make the most of it. What are some affordable in-country destinations and landmarks? What are the people there like?

I'm a 22-year old graduate student who also works full-time. I have money to spend but can't pull wads of cash out of my asshole. I know Costa Rica has a reputation for being expensive. I was recently in Colombia and lived in a third-world country for a while - I don't mind being a little uncomfortable.

What should I do? I've obviously been doing a little research online, but would like some feedback from folks who have recently been.
>>
What I did.
Stay at Costa Rica backpackers in San Jose best hostel there, may need to book ahead.
Rente a car will be like 500 or cheaper i don't rem but the ppl at the hostel can hook u up.
Drove to monteverde to see the cloud forest, chose over aranel cuz ppl said aranel is all tourists and there is a chance u can't see unless it's a great day.
Went from there to puntereas, I did not spend any time tere nor do I recommend caught a ferry across and went to montezuma. At montezuma stayed at HOtel Lucy, 20 usd a night to sleep on the beach I'd highly recommend hotel LUCy and montezuma, then went to Santa Teresa
>>
Costa rica is great, safe and beautiful. The food is normal, i guess. Oh, and don' leave anything in the car when your not there. Bot even 2 minutes. They crack that shit open in 10 seconds, get your stuff and run.
>>
humpity bumpity
>>
>>1113720
I asked the locals when I was there and they said that Arenal is not active for a decade now.
Santa Teresa is a shit hole.
>>
>>1114411
Santa Teresa was not the highlight of my trip, I liked montezuma much more. Santa Teresa was recommended to me by another traveler. Don't be such a Snob like ur the king of travels an putting my reaponse down.

Also OP if u end up in montezuma I did the excursion to tortuga island it was cool. Like 30 usd they take u to an island feed u, you snorkel, they give u beer and it's beautiful TUANIS!!!
>>
>>1114411
Ya u dingleberry
U r not king shit of Costa Rica, typical wanna be traveler. I liked Santa Teresa but that's cu I spent 12 days surfing and drinking.
>>
I'm going there next week. Bonita Hostel in the Osa Peninsula looks dope but kind of nervous for a 8-10 hour bus ride. Might try to make it out to Puerto Viejo too. Anyone know what the ski season is like there? Much powder?
>>
>>1114546

OP here. Let me know how it goes. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Why are you nervous about the bus ride? Costa Rica gets a lot of tourists and has a decent infrastructure, from what I've read, so I imagine you'll be just fine.
>>
>>1114562
Will do. I guess because I wouldn't arrive until 10 in Puerto Jimenez and keep reading online not to be on streets after dark/watch your bags etc.. I imagine it will be fine though and I'm just trying to let everything unfold no matter what surprises occur.
>>
>>1113707

Probably going to heading there on June 7th. First time out of the U.S. for me. Anything i should know?
>>
Hotel plinio
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.