[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a Canadian about to travel to the USA by car in a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: bridge[1].jpg (75 KB, 641x325) Image search: [Google]
bridge[1].jpg
75 KB, 641x325
I'm a Canadian about to travel to the USA by car in a few weeks.
I'm going from Alberta through Idaho, and going to end up in Portland for a week vacation.

Last year I was arrested(bench warrant) because I didn't pay my "driving without insurance" fine, my friends came and paid it and I was in and out in 8 hours.

I have zero criminal record, but I was still technically "arrested".

Will this be a problem when I cross the border?

What do I say when they ask me if I've ever been arrested?

Also, if you get refused entry, how can you get into the united states?
Do you go through another border crossing?
>>
>>1113617
>What do I say when they ask me if I've ever been arrested?

You say yes. Both countries share criminal record data. They will know if you are lying, and it will probably result in you being banned from entering the US for many years

>Will this be a problem when I cross the border?

Highly doubtful
>>
>Also, if you get refused entry, how can you get into the united states?

Do you not know what the word "refused" means? If they don't let you in, they don't let you in.
>>
>>1113677
I dunno, my best friend has been arrested dozens of times for graffiti in Canada and when we were asked the question at the border crossing he lied and we were fine.
>>
>>1113617
Do it the Taco Bell way if you're refused
Feel the Mexican inside you
>>
My advice is to go through BC into WA through Blaine instead. It's such a busy border, they just wave the cars through.

Rural borders tend to be stricter because they have nothing better to do.
>>
I dunno how it works coming from Canada but I went to Quebec from NY on a bus and they didn't ask me about my arrest history and I don't even think they ran it against any system or anything and I have arrests from when I was 17 (but no conviction)
>>
lol do we really care about Canadians coming to visit?

I don't think we are gonna ask about your past arrests bro.
>>
>>1113727
Yeah, actually. The 9/11 hijackers came to the US via Canada. We didn't even require passports before then.

Now they've built new border crossing stations along the entire border. They have to use them for something. I've been searched and in one case interrogated for hours. They can do whatever they want.
>>
>>1113704
That's graffiti.

Not forgetting to pay a traffic fine.
>>
>>1113735
>The 9/11 hijackers came to the US via Canada.
No they didn't idiot.
>>
>>1113617
>What do I say when they ask me if I've ever been arrested?
"Yeah buddy, I forgot to pay for no-insurance ticket when I was like 17 but that all got cleared and delt with so it's all good pal"
>>
bump for more advice
>>
>>1113785
thank you. That guy is a moron.
>>
Hey, I'm a UK citizen married to a Canadian citizen, both living in our respective countries atm.

I'm currently in the process of doing a permanent residency visa application, and I want to visit my wife for a month in July.

I overstayed my visitor record in Canada by quite some time over a year ago (long story short, I was an idiot that should have looked things up more) and left last may. I tried visiting in September and was denied because of this, and later came in December for two weeks, which is when we had the wedding, and was permitted entry with a visitor record.

Is there anything I should anticipate in trying to visit in July? I have a job now when I didn't before, what kind of things would I need to prove I have a job?

cheers!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.