[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any good shoes to buy? want something for walking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
are there any good shoes to buy?

want something for walking in cities, but also to do light hiking with. would any pair of sneakers do?

how many pairs of shoes do you bring when traveling, just one?
>>
If i go anywhere for longer than a day i always take at least two different pairs of shoes with me, usually three though.
>>
File: converse-black-8[1].jpg (1 MB, 4592x3056) Image search: [Google]
converse-black-8[1].jpg
1 MB, 4592x3056
>>1113405
what kind of shoes do you bring?

I just have an old pair of chuck taylor's and dress shoes

was thinking of buying sneakers, as neither of my shoes are good for walking for long periods of time
>>
>>1113403
I wear sambas. they have worked pretty well for me in all kinds of environments.
>>
File: srxcqud1mjej3utpwo25.jpg (30 KB, 680x398) Image search: [Google]
srxcqud1mjej3utpwo25.jpg
30 KB, 680x398
>>1113406
I like to walk a lot, especially in cities so i always bring shoes that are very similar to these and...
>>
>>1113405
>If i go anywhere for longer than a day i always take at least two different pairs of shoes with me, usually three though.
This. I don't only wear one pair day to day at home, so neither when I'm traveling. Feet sweat, and you need a fresh pair in order to make the first pair last longer, give it time to dry out and your feet something different.

If you need an all purpose pair, I'd look at my terrain first. A cobblestone old city as well as some light hiking, needs a firmer stiffer leather or nubby sole (trail hiking, clog, work boot) over rocks and bumps, not the newer squishy memory foam light shoes or croc types, or even birkis, where your foot bones and muscles constantly flex all down and feel pokes through the soles. Soreness happens. Less movement is better in these cases. A serious running shoe will have the most cushioning for every step, as will a really good insole like vionic or spenco, in a nice low boot or more conservative dress shoe, or euro-stylin sneaker. Major brands that are leather inside and out, would hold up in the long run for breathability and less rubbing chances. Invest in good socks if worried.

I trade out my day's walking shoes for comfort in the evening, might be some crocs or Tevas to breathe the feet if not dining fancy, or some dark colored to hide the casual-ness boots or shoes with fresh socks, just something that say "ahhh" to the feet. I might even cold soak them 5 minutes back in my room before the changeover.
>>
File: Merre-1-of-6_11.jpg (28 KB, 680x320) Image search: [Google]
Merre-1-of-6_11.jpg
28 KB, 680x320
>>1113412
And when i'm in the countryside or in some 3rd world country where paved roads are a luxury, i take shoes similar to these. Very versatile and comfortable for long hikes, even in the rain and like >>1113414 said, let your feet and shoes rest whenever you can. There's nothing better than pulling out a fresh pair of socks and shoes after walking 6 hours in monsoon weather
>>
File: BlackTimberlands.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BlackTimberlands.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
>>1113403
I had black Timberlands that I wore for a while. I could hike in them and, if I wanted, do a quick cleaning job and go out on the town in them. They're waterproof, but not stuffy. You need to break them in first before you do any kind of long distance walking or you'll get a ton of blisters.
>>
thanks for the replies

might go with this suggestion though >>1113423
>>
>>1113403
You need a pair of barefoot sandals. Incredibly comfortable but also suited for diverse terrain. They are lightweight and easily stored, ideal for travel.
http://xeroshoes.com/
>>
>>1113519
I'm getting something similar to those recommended by another long-term traveler.
http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/mens/eclipse-mens?colour=Black
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1200x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1200x643
Converse or timberlands are nice but to hike in these ?

pic related are good shoes for light hiking and could do the job for city touring without looking like a big tourist
>>
>>1113540
Those look super touristy to me. I don't think anybody will not assume you're a tourist if you wore those around.
>>
>>1113403
Asics GelSaga felt really good for long walks with me
>>
>>1113540
fucking hideous
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.