[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan/Jrail/Seoul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 800x600
Headed out to Japan for 3 weeks (also gonna make a 4 day stop in Seoul)
As a first timer to both countries, what would yall recomend doing? I would prefer to avoid very touristy spots/cheap tips
Also got a 7 day Jrail pass to see a couple other cities...favorites? Osaka and Sapporo seem interesting from a distance
Seoul tips are welcome aswell
Thankyou for your time!
>>
>>1113092

Go to Kyoto, it is touristy but it's worth your time if you like architecture. Nagoya is basically little tokyo. Akita is nice as well, not a lot to do but the scenery is fantastic.

It really depends what you want to get out of your trip. Culture? Food? Nightlife?
>>
>>1113098 Thanks! Will look into those
I really dig the urban/neon/fashion elements of the country(s)
Aka: seeing/buying some of that futuristic/iconic tokyo look

Would love to shop for some sick souvenirs at a great/best price
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>1113092
Stay in Takamatsu for a few days and take the ferry to Naoshima and Teshima
>>
>>1113092
From what you like, I reccomend that you Stay in Hongdae Seoul. There are many hostels quite close to the Hongik university station and the area is full of students/fashion etc. Japan is really fucking huge. I reccomend that you either start in Osaka/Kyoto(they are close) and end in Tokyo or vice versa so that you can make the most of your Railpass in between. Best do some planning too. Shinkansen are fast trains but you can spend days inside them regardless. I made the mistake to not plan and ended up wasting valuable railpass days searching for accomodation in random places that took way too long to get to.
>>
Moving to Tokyo in july, after living in Taiwan for 2 years. Are they similar in any way? Any advice for japan life, especially compared to Taiwanese?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.