[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just booked a flight and my return leg is with air France.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 996x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 996x286
I just booked a flight and my return leg is with air France. Should I be worried? I have a pretty serious fear of flying and I didn't realize until afterwards they have a less than stellar track record.
>>
>>1113073
Their planes might not offer the highest tier of comfort but it's still one of the biggest airlines that will take you around the globe even to destinations that are usually only served by meme airlines on a daily base.

Nothing to be afraid of. If they would suck they wouldn't be allowed to land in the EU or the US.
>>
Air France is allowed in botb EU/US airspace, which is a good indicator of their safety status - yes there have been two mishaps in recent memory (last was AF447, seven years ago). You're much much more likely to get killed en route to the airport in an auto wreck than you ever will flying anywhere.

Try the 7/11 breathing technique, take propanolol, distract yourself with a book or imagine you're in a train rolling along the rails & look directly down the cabin, avoid external visual references. I find it's a good way to keep my mind off the most dangerous part (takeoff/landing).
>>
>>1113073
Oh look, it's the daily anxiety bait thread.
>>
watch out for their A380
>>
Professional pilot here. It's safe flying with anyone in EU, maybe apart from aeroflot. Asia, africa are a whole different thing.
>>
>>1114074
Are low-cost carriers in Asia more risky?
Does this apply to non low-cost too?
I'm planning a trip to SEA and I'm wondering whether I should cross some boarders via land or plane.
>>
>>1113073
I'm fucking terrified of flying too. It's the only thing stopping me from going to south africa
>>
>>1113274
lol wut?
>>
>>1114106
that & rape by niggers
>>
File: airlines.jpg (148 KB, 680x960) Image search: [Google]
airlines.jpg
148 KB, 680x960
>>1114093
Actually if you have taken Asian airlines, you will know that their inflight service are much better than those America/European Airlines. 5 of the top 10 best airlines are from Asia.
>>
>>1114148
Are those low-cost?
And I'm more concerned about safety, as it should be obvious.
>>
>>1113073
>I have a pretty serious fear of flying

Fair enough, but Air France is a 1rst world line there's no reason for you to be more afraid than usual
>>
File: airlineslow.jpg (96 KB, 736x613) Image search: [Google]
airlineslow.jpg
96 KB, 736x613
>>1114155
6 of the top 10 low cost airlines are from Asia too.
>>
>>1114148
>5 of the top 10 best airlines are from Asia.

In your pic 9/10 are Asian.
>>
>>1114202
>>1114199
>>1114155
>>1114148
I dont think its to knock reputable asian airlines, its just that some of the smaller asian airlines are shit (Air Angkor, Thai airways Air china)
>>
>>1114203
Thai and Air China are fine, perfectly fine safety wise. And even service wise they are nice. I think the only complaint are the people taking these, but it's not worse than people taking Ryanair and Easyjet anyway.
>>
>>1113073
>I have a pretty serious fear of flying
You have a fear of dying.

What you also have is a perceived notion that it's more likely to die while using planes as transport. Which is not the case.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.