[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What credit card do you guys use? I'm skeptical but hopeful.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: creditcards.jpg (198 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
creditcards.jpg
198 KB, 1240x775
What credit card do you guys use? I'm skeptical but hopeful.

>"The credit card market is extremely competitive and very lucrative. As a result, credit card companies will hand out huge frequent flyer bonuses to get you to pick up their card.

>A typical bonus for getting a new credit card is 25,000 frequent flyer miles. Occasionally, you can get as many as 100,000 frequent flyer miles just by signing up for a new card. In case you're wondering, 100,000 frequent flyer miles is enough to get you a round-trip business class ticket from the U.S. to Europe. That's a value of about $5,000 for taking 10 minutes to fill out a credit card application.
>>
>>1113014
It's a Credit Card, if you plan to use the frequent flyer program of airline anyway it's worth it.
Just remember if you can't pay the full bill by the end of months you shouldn't have a credit card at all.
>>
Is their a downside of having a lot of credit cards? I'm tempted to open a bunch of cards just for the incentives like bonus miles. But I already have 5 card, and only use one. Would this hurt me?
>>
>>1113014
I sell these fuckers for a living, and I'm essentially a corporate carnie.

At the end of the day, pretty much every retailer has a credit card, and many fast food places for that matter. The rewards can actually be pretty high but we are trained to pretty much bullshit and say whatever we can to get those cards in your hands. We get 20 bucks a card and I cant remember half the outlandish shit I said to get my $20.

Always read the fine print. Some of the shit like the 10 cents off per litre is only valid for 30 days, these "free" air miles aren't actually physical miles off on a trip, they're just another word for redeemable points worth like 1/10 a cent.

Like the other guy said, if you can't pay your shit off in 21 days, you're a stooge who is going to end up owning everything to the Jews. Take it for what it is bit you're wasting your time trying to get something meaningful out of the reward point

You don't think the likes have started being generous, do you?
>>
I have two cards with flight points.
Citi - American Airlines - AADVANTAGE - mastercard
My favorite one so far, 40,000 points will get you round trip to Amsterdam from New Mexico. 1 for 1 points on purchases, double on AA flights
Capital one - Venture - visa
Everyone said it was great, I guess cause it's easy to use. You can use it for any airline and the points don't expire, but they don't go as far. The points are pennies. So multiply your ticket by 100 and that's how many points you need.
Since I make about 2600 a month, I get farther with the AA card. It's harder to use, but it's worth it. Oh I also have a rewards card from my credit union, but it's terrible so I never use it.
>>
>>1113050
Your credit rating is decided by debt-to-credit ratio, your yearly salary (which you can lie about, but don't), and how often your credit history is inquired upon. There are other factors too. But basically, opening and closing two or three cards a year won't look good on your history, so the cards you're eligible for won't be as good. But if your yearly income is low, it's not a terrible idea as a way to get a free ticket every once in a while. You usually have to spend a minimum amount in the first month to get the bonus reward though.
>>
>>1113050
Also, closing old accounts lowers your score for a short time, but it also frees up credit relative to your income. Why waste your available credit on a shitty card you don't use?
>>
>>1113062
*think the kikes
>>
>>1113070
I was thinking about closing 2 of the cards I don't use, and won't need to fall back on my credit for at least another year, so I might do that pretty soon.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>1113075
Fuck bro, never live on a credit card. It's compound interest, it's literally the worst kind of loan. You're better off being broke for a bit and finding a shitty job.
>>
>100,000 frequent flyer miles is enough to get you a round-trip business class ticket from the U.S. to Europe. That's a value of about $5,000 for taking 10 minutes to fill out a credit card application.
complete bullshit
trust me. Unless you are spending like $100,000 a month on the card.
>>
>>1113077
If you pay off your balance email every month, using it to pay for things you would pay for anyway, credit cards can be great. I have a friend who told me just to today how he found he could pay his wife's car payment with a credit card. That's an additional $600 annually on a bill he was paying anyway. Another friend uses it for his rent, which allows him to rack up miles for free plane tickets at a decent rate.

>>1113014
I have Delta, they're introductory deal is great, but the benefits fall off fast after that, unless you keep your eyes on bonus miles deals or are a frequent traveler, especially business class or higher.

I have a pretty good cash rewards card from my credit Union. And Chase Disney rewards card (I have kids).

Personally, one Mastercard, one Visa, and one Amex is all you really need. Having many may not hurt, if you keep the balance below 1/3 on them all. Still, beyond that base 3, only have additional onew if they have a rewards program you'd use and benefit from.
>>
>>1113014
Currently I have a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, and Ink, as well as 2 Southwest Airlines cards.

The only one I really actually use is the Sapphire, and Ink if I'm buying something from a business store. otherwise the rest were solely for the bonuses, and the Freedom I've just had forever.
>>
>>1113082
Yeah, man, I know paying your balance is the way to go, I was talking about this dude referring to "falling back on credit" which tells me that he's thinking about using credit instead of MONEY to live on, which is crazy. What's the point of credit card rewards if you're going to pay for them through interest and fees? You might as well just save money.
>>
OP here, so is a rewards credit card for airline miles worth it?

I have a Statefarm CC atm because they're my insurance and bank but I don't do anything with it but use it as a normal CC. it's def helped my credit but I feel like I could be getting more. Mainly because I'm a college student who's paying for school as I go, so at least a grand is going through my card every two months.
>>
>>1113809
"Worth it"
Any reward is worth it as long as the CC company doesn't make ANY money off you and you get something in return.
If the CC company makes anything off you, it directly takes away from the value of the reward you're getting. Annual fees, interest, anything.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/wiki/index
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.