[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
India in June
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 612x380
Hey /trv/ French fag traveling to Southern India in less than a month and I plan to stay 4/5 weeks before flying to Thailand. What to expect ?
>inb4: Shit designated streets
Pic unrelated
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
Cool it my nigga, you're not on /b/.

People on /trv/ typically take a few hours to respond to messages. Just be patient. I'd say that if no one responds by tomorrow then bump this but until then you're better off just being patient.
>>
>>1112841
It's gonna be a little hot, but not too bad, and maybe rainy, but other than that it'll be regular southern India stuff.

What specifically do you want to know about? Southern India is a big place with lots of cultures.
>>
>>1112844
Thx for the advice, old /b/tard but new travefag

>>1112848
I'm actually going to Mumbai / Goa / Bengalore first then I'll see , if you guys know ad really fun things to do, good places to stay , and basic advices would be good too
>>
>>1112891
Visit Coorg, Waynad, Thekkady

Goa is pretty amazing and I actually advice to visit the inner parts and not just the beaches

Dont visit Mumbai, Blore because they are just big overcroweded cities
>>
File: coorg.jpg (106 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
coorg.jpg
106 KB, 640x480
>>1112892
This is what Coorg looks like in June. Provided it rained a little but still it's a beautiful destination
>>
>>1112841
Dont visit the northern part of the country. It's a festering shithole. Unless its the himalayas
>>
>>1112892
Is there crazy things to do in Goa even if the party season is over ?
I have to stay one week in Mumbai to meet some friends. I'll try to find a nice spot in there I guess.

>>1112898
Thanks for the advice I won't go to the northern part since I have to fly from Chennai to go in Bangkok.

If you guys know good places to visit in Thailand it could be cool too because I literally have no plans I'm definitely unprepared ( am I riding straight to the danger zone ? )
>>
>>1112841
>What to expect ?

Ugh, fuck off with shit. I'm so sick of seeing these lazy-ass "going to XX country, what should I expect" threads.

Do some damn research and/or ask a more specific question.
>>
>>1112906
>implying this doesnt count as research
>>
>>1112898
Going to the northern part later this month, sounds nice enough to me.
>>
>>1112891
>>1112899

See: >>1112906.

I lived in Delhi and love giving travel advice on India, but it's hard to know where to start without any specific questions. In June, it will be very hot and humid across much of the country. There's a chance that, if you're going closer to the end of the month, you might run into the monsoon and heavy rains. That shouldn't be an issue, so far as traveling goes, but could hamper your experience if you aren't willing to deal with the discomfort.

Mumbai is great. I live Mumbai. Goa will be slow and cheap, but there were still likely be people partying - it just won't be nearly as crazy as in winter. The beaches will be a bit more fucked up and could be unsafe during the monsoon, if that starts when you're there.

Also, just realized I'm thinking of monsoon in Delhi time. It probably starts in South/West India by then.

Bangalore should have good weather.

Dunno. What do you want to know?
>>
>>1112947
>>1112898

Ironically, the time of year that OP is going is the best for North India. People usually go south in winter. Himalayas would be great in June.
>>
>>1112917
Folks should read and heed the sticky before posting threads
>>
OP's pic reminds me, what are the quintessential drinks for India? Are they different for each state?
>>
>>1112988
OP here, it is actually a very good question. Can you find grown up drinks anywhere in south India ? I heard about a weed infused milk called Bahng sold in regular store but do you guys know in which areas ?
>>
>>1112892
I liked Mumbai a lot, actually. If you know where to go, you can even have a short Bollywood film career.
>>
>>1113002

"Hey, bro, where you from? You wanna be in Bollywood movie?"
>>
>>1113059
Yeah, basically. You say yes and they pick you up the next day and bring you to set and that's how you get into Bollywood. I did 3 movies in a week, including one with SRK.

>>1112990
Goa has a ton of drinking. It's where lots of Indians go to get wasted. They have this local cashew liquor, I forget what it's called, but it's sold everywhere.

Also, Bhang is just weed, not exclusively weed lassi (which is yogurt, not milk). There are bhang cookies and tea and butter and lots of other stuff, too. Bhang is more of a Rajasthan thing, not easily found outside there.
>>
>>1112899
There are some threads up about thailand right now i think. look at those.
>>
>>1113314

Yeah, they offered me a movie shot too, but I was going to Goa the next day.

The cashew liquor is called fenny.
>>
>>1113363

*feni, I guess
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.