[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel advice in Belgium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: The-Hotel-Brussels-Homepage.jpg (472 KB, 1600x744) Image search: [Google]
The-Hotel-Brussels-Homepage.jpg
472 KB, 1600x744
I'm going to be working in Brussels for a couple months, and having never been to Europe before, I am completely inexperienced.

What are some must-visit cities that are within a 4 or 5 hour train ride from Brussels?
>>
>>1112701
also in case it wasn't clear, I was looking for cities that aren't as well known and like hidden gems or something of the sort
>>
>>1112711

nice dubs
>>
>>1112714
>>
>>1112776

np
>>
Plenty to do in Flanders between 30 min and 1.5 hours away, such as Mechelen, Liers, Leuven, Kortrijk Antwerp, Gent, Bruges (massive tourist trap, still beautiful af). Visit Ieper (Ypres) if you're into history, also plenty of other WWI stuff to do down in the Ardennes.
Luxembourg is not too far by train or car, while you are down there you may as well visit Trier and the Mosel valley. Brussels is also well connected by train to Aachen and Cologne, both definitely worth a visit.
Go north to the Netherlands.

Absolutely do not miss the beauty that is Charleroi and use the magnificent airport there to move your ass cheaply all over Europe.
>>
>>1112798
Awesome, I'll check these out. Thanks
>>
File: Aachen_dom.jpg (951 KB, 2000x1068) Image search: [Google]
Aachen_dom.jpg
951 KB, 2000x1068
>>1112701

Aachen in Germany is close and easily accessible by train (1 hour). Definitely worth a day trip.

There are also cheap flights from Brussels. This could bring you anywhere in Europe.
>>
Amsterdam and Paris can be reached in 1.5 hour by train, and there's a train every hour.

you can do pretty much any dutch and belge town in a day by train.
>>
Just go to London
>>
>>1112798
> the beauty of charleroi

Massive kek tbqh
10/10
>>
>>1113165
Hey, postapocalyptia is pretty cool.
>>
>>1112701
Visit Ghent my nigga. It's beautiful like Brugge, but with less than half the tourists.
>>
>>1113252
This is true so.

I'd add, a bit further, but still an easy journey, Trier, Cologne, Maastricht, obviously Amsterdam, Lille (don't overlook its bleak reputation, but it's interesting and cultured) and beyond that Arras.

Some pretty good art galleries in obscure towns near Lille accessible by the public transport networks there (Villeneuve d'Ascq and La Piscine at Roubaix) if that's your thing. They are a piece of piss to reach from Brussels.
>>
>>1113252
It has a shitload more people. Its just five times bigger (and ten times better)
>>
>>1112701
>>1112711
Leuven
Mechelen

both are great cities. Leuven has awesome nightlife (every day from september-begin december and from february-midmay.)
During summer it's mostly old people. Weekends are ok for nightlife
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.