[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's my Grandmother's 75th Birthday, and she says she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png (10 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png
10 KB, 2000x1000
It's my Grandmother's 75th Birthday, and she says she wants to go to Ireland, so we're going to Ireland. Any Potato bros or people who have been have any advice on things like

>Best places to go
>places to avoid
>things to try
>food to try
>How not to look like a completely retarded burger fag

Anything else I should know about the Emerald isles?
>>
>Best places to go
Connemara, Ring of Kerry, Dingle, Tallaght.

>places to avoid
The Northside.

>things to try
Traditional Irish music in a pub, beer,

>food to try
not a lot going in the way of traditional irish food, mostly potatoes, stew, colcannon.

>How not to look like a completely retarded burger fag
keep trap shut. Nobody wants your opinion on your heritage or Irish politics
>>
Try to avoid Dublin, it's very expensive and fully of scumbags(chavs).

A visit to Moyross Estate in Co. Limerick is a must visit, beautiful place. And it's free.

Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>1112648
If I was taking my grandmother on a trip there, here's what I would do if I had 6-10 days...
Book my flights to fly into Dublin, Fly out of Shannon. (use Delta)
Spend 1.5 days in Dublin then pick up a rental car (something high enough to see over hedges to keep grandma calm from the near head-on collisions on blind curves) and do the drive vacation for the Southern half of the country.
In Dublin, I'd do the cathedral visits, Guinness Tour, live music or literary pub stop or two, see the Book of Kells.
Then I'd go South, give her a visit to the Powerscourt estate, Wicklow mountains, St. Kevins in Glendalough. Sleep somewhere like a B&B nearby with a pub dinner, and into the car the next day, rinse repeat. Have a great GPS that talks so you feel free to veer off the road at the historical signs and see some ruins and find your way back again with no maps or signs to worry about.
Highlights are a series of choices along the way. Kilkenny is def overnight, as is the Dingle Peninsula. Jameson Distellery is can't miss near Ardmore with a cool cliff walk. I enjoyed the Ballinalackin Castle (really a country house) on the Doolin, Aran Is. and views. Spas nearby as well as the Cliffs.
>>
File: Newgrange.jpg (74 KB, 922x692) Image search: [Google]
Newgrange.jpg
74 KB, 922x692
>>1112648

Newgrange. It's older than the pyramids. Really amazing.
>>
You guys are getting me fucking hyped.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.