[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boston
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1200
Can anyone tell me about Boston? I've never been there before, but I'm trying to find a new place to explore on the East Coast. So I'm thinking about going for 3 days.

How is the food, sights, nightlife, and just things to do?

I like history so the Tea Party site, and Bunker Hill look cool. But I'm unsure what else to look at
>>
>>1112595
I'm from Boston and I'm telling you now its ass. The only good site would be the view of Boston from the Charles River. Other than that its all ass. Nothing special food wise. Just fucking pizza and burgers. Nightlife... Forget about it. Everything is 21 plus and the women are insanely uptight. Better chance getting laid in east bumfuck than Boston. If you're into history check the tea party, but itll be full of old gay dudes tea bagging each other/. I'm by Bunker Hill so literally the only thing special about that area is the monument that looks like a dick...

If you come youll have nothing to do. So if that happens go to Harvard Square and check out the uptight white elitist asshole Americans who think that they're so liberal because they prefer Sanders over Trump, then call it a day.
>>
>>1112605
God dammit
>>
>>1112595
Stay away from Roxbury if you're white. There's some decent seafood places and feel free to look at some shit they mention on Wikitravel. Don't wear Yankees shit or else the simian red sox fans will harass you/assault you if they're drunk
>>
>>1112620
The only two types of people there are those white republican asshole muricans, and the totally red sox douche bags.
>>
>>1112605
Cynical/10.

Yeah, if you're still in your 20s and don't give a shit about history and rate how "good" a place is by how good its clubs are, yeah, Boston won't interest you. However, if you are not one of those dweebs that feels the need to look cool in front of perfect strangers and genuinely appreciate historical stuff, Boston can be pretty cool.

Fun things I can think of off the top of my head:

Freedom Trail: it's a marked walking route around inner Boston that basically connects most of the major historical buildings in the city, many of which pre-date the Revolution.

U.S.S. Constitution: oldest U.S. Navy warship still commissioned and afloat (it's the oldest active warship in the world, actually).

Boston Beer Company: maker of Sam Adams beer and they have brewery tours with samples.

Fenway Park: home of the Red Sox and the oldest stadium currently used by the MLB.
>>
The great fire of Boston burned like, most of the city. Helped give rise to modern fire codes and our current socialized system of fire departments, because it used to be privatized and it was a disaster.
>>
File: image.png (291 KB, 800x417) Image search: [Google]
image.png
291 KB, 800x417
>>1112662

The fire rises
>>
>>1112620
The whole Yankees fan thing hasn't been true for about a decade now.
>>
>>1112677
Not often anymore, but it can happen, just look at this dank social experiment bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcJ1cI5adE
>>
>>1112595
I've lived 10 minutes outside of Boston for my entire life so I'm probably pre-disposed to seeing it as boring, but I couldn't imagine having to deal with it for three days unless I absolutely had to. If I were you, I'd go there for a day, then stay in New Hampshire for like a week or more.

Faneuil Hall area can be fun, and North End has a cool vibe. Very easy to get around since it's so small. No nightlife at all but looks nice at night. Also I've done all the museums and sites a million times as is but if you're into that it's great.
>>
File: 1454896169002.png (53 KB, 239x246) Image search: [Google]
1454896169002.png
53 KB, 239x246
>>1112773
>Telling someone Boston is boring then telling them to spend a week in NH instead
>>
>>1112812
Much different pace obviously but its v nice. I couldn't imagine the /trv/ crowd liking it very much though.
>>
>>1112595
Bostonian here. I would say stay away from Faneuil Hall if you can, it is pretty touristy with mostly shops you can see anywhere else. I do not know where you are coming from to Boston, but I would suggest you go looking for food. There are some decent restaurants along
Charles St.,
nearish to Harvard,
some in Back Bay along Newbury St.,
and a lot more a bit further out of the city center in Brookline, Somerville, Allston, etc just depends on what you want. Allston and Chinatown are really Asian, centric for instance. The North End is very Italian, South End is pretty gay. While Brookline and the South End have more "trendy" places to eat. North End is also nice to walk around and eat at, please do not be a stereotypical tourist tho and walk around with a box from Mike's Pastry. There is a lot to do history wise, as one anon mentioned, Freedom trail is very good, USS Constitution, the Esplanade along the river if you like walking for scenery. If you are feeling like a day trip somewhere, you can also look into going on a boat to an outlying island with forts or whale watching, depending on what you like. I would say in general that if you are staying within the city, you do not need a car and walking around the city is pretty easy.
>>
>>1112605
You didn't mention clam chowder,scrod and yankee bean soup.
>>
I did undergrad at boston university for 4 1/2 years. My forte are bars and restaurants

Bars:
Brick & Mortar
Four Seasons Bar
The Hawthorne
Drink
The W Lobby (it gets lit when Brek One DJs)
Middlesex Lounge (again, gets lit when Brek is playing)
Backbar
Deep Ellum (patio at night during early summer is optimal)
The Publick House (best beer selection in town imo)
Eastern Standard
Cafe Artscience

Restaurants:
Coppa
L'Espalier
No. 9 Park
Toro
Menton
Alden & Harlow
Shanghai Gate
Asta
Ribelle
O Ya
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.