[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camping destination in Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: where.png (514 KB, 1136x655) Image search: [Google]
where.png
514 KB, 1136x655
>Living in The Netherlands
>Looking to go camping for 2 to 2,5 weeks in September
>Going by car
>Want to drive there in one day
>Looking for good nature and outdoor activities
>Looking for good food
>Cool small towns are good
>A big city or two to visit is a plus
>Where in the red circle do we go?
>>
Germany is very "trailer Campy" friendly. If you want an authentic old town experience why not visit Celle. You will see only a handful of tourists no more than that. If the weather is great why ot travel to the nice islands in Northern Netherlands
>>
Why do you exclude Scandinavia?
>>
>>1112567
I would recommend this thread:
>>1096186
It's world wide but also has other pretty good recommendations in europe within your driving distance that are mostly nature and old towns/villages related plus you won't find many tourists there.

Anyway my two cents:
September can be tricky as you might experience the first snow in the alps/pre alps regions and storms around the eastern and northern sea cost if you're unlucky.

Any preferences? water sports, hiking, biking, mbt/downhill, national parks, hiking, extreme sports?.
Sea, lake, mountains, flatland, a good mix?
>>
>>1112567
zwarte woud? eerst naar freiburg, dan naar oberried en dan maar wandelen

een paar jaar geleden zijn we daar 4 dagen gaan wandelen, heel plezant
>>
>>1112617
Ah, September. Disregard Scandinavia, then.
>>
>>1112578
>Trailer campy
Nah, not our style. Old-fashined tent.
>Dutch islands
Beautiful place to be, but I can basically go there any random day since it's so close. Looking for something more foreign.
>>1112617
>>1112637
Correct. But also because getting there takes a lot of time (including ferries and all). Southern Sweden would be an option.
>>1112625
>preferences
Mostly hiking (mountains, lakes, forrests), scenic drives, anything involving the sea. We've been to a fair lot of Alpine regions, but we've been to say Greek islands or the Algarve as well.
>>1112635
Goede tip! Bepaalde plaatsjes die je kan aanraden?
>>
File: valle-maggia_7312168.jpg (226 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
valle-maggia_7312168.jpg
226 KB, 980x735
>>1112823
As the other anon said the black forrest is great.

I could also recommend the Lake Constanz area. Great camping sites all around the lake, a good number of medium sized cities (Bregenz, Konstanz, Lindau), and a lot of hiking possibilities (Bregenz Forest and lower Alpine Rhine Valley).

or

Lago Maggiore region offers great hikes and usually still great weather in september.
Spend a few days in Locarno, hike around the maggia valley and cross over to the italian side...
>pic related
Bonus: you can get as much scenic drives as you want, just take the San Bernardino instead of the Gotthard route.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.