[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm considering a 72 hour cross-Canada Greyhound ride to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I'm considering a 72 hour cross-Canada Greyhound ride to save money. Is this an insane option?

I've crossed the continent many times, but never overland. Might be an experience?
>>
>greyhound
>>
>>1112227
Cheap, especially when you have some luggage (airlines have pretty much stopped giving any luggage allowance)
>>
>greyhound
>>
Never forget

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean
>>
>>1112232
>cheap
>Greyhound
No, not if you can't group tickets together for discounts. Otherwise it's a pretty pricey way to go.

Spend an afternoon looking up the cheapest prices for all of these: Different bus services (Greyhouns, Go, etc), rail services (Go, VIA, etc), and city light rail. Your wallet will thank you for making the effort. At the least, you'll know your options when Greyhound routes are inevitably cancelled because of some unexplained and unforeseeable bullshit (which has happened to me many times).
>>
>>1112279
Greyhound is cheap in that ticket prices don't change. I can get airfare a lot cheaper if I fly in a month instead of tomorrow. But bus tickets don't normally change in price.
>>
Well, it's been 10 years since I went, but in my experience the Canadian Greyhound buses carry significantly less psychopaths than the American ones. That being said, it will still be an experience, and actually getting there after a 30 hour bus ride gives you a sense of accomplishment. Or, you kind of appreciate the distance travelled in a different way than you do when flying.

My favourite Greyhound experience would be waking up from getting puked on by some carsick/drunk guy who couldn't get into the bathroom because people were fucking in there. This was in the middle of the night, somewhere between Miami and New Orleans, it was hot as fuck and the AC was broken. The driver pulled over and handed me a towel, then poured himself another cup of coffee and kept going for another four hours or so.

10/10 would get puked on again.
>>
Greyhound is fucking horrible, I did a USA trip on it. Worst of the worst. Don't regret it tho, I have a lot of crazy stories and I don't prioritize comfort. If you're cool with whacky bullshit go for it OP
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.