[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spanish listening skills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: espanol_en_el_mundo.jpg (36 KB, 748x667) Image search: [Google]
espanol_en_el_mundo.jpg
36 KB, 748x667
Hi. I've been learning Spanish for quite a while now. I can read a lot of things in Spanish but my listening skills are shit as fuck. I think Hispanics talk super fast and I can only catch a few words. How to improve my Spanish listening skills?
>>
>>1111902
Spanish audiobooks, start at 0.75x speed and increase. Once you hit 2x speed you're nearly at native speaker.
>>
>>1111902
YouTube, watch Spanish videos, just listen to it as much as you can.
>>
Men...we do speak very fast. What's our problem
>>
>>1111902
Watch TV in spanish. Even if it's subtitled, it'll help
>>
I have the same issue with Spanish jaja!
>>
Same issue. I can read it fluently, but holy shit them Hispanics talk a mile a minute. I just watch all my TV in Spanish now, and it's slowly helping.
>>
>>1111902
Ask them to speak slower. We do speak very fast, but most of the time we are not aware of it. If you say ''puedes hablar un poco mas despacio por favor?'' they will slow down and enunciate better. Unless they are assholes.

After a while if you're able to maintain a conversation, they will pick up the pace again and you will either have to remind them to slow down. Don't be shy.
>>
>>1111902
>.
>>1112984
>>1112406
I've been watching Spanish TV subtitled in Spanish and my listening skills have gotten better.... probably.
>>
>>1111902
there is a social network around there where you can get matched with native spanish speakers who are trying to learn your mother tonguen , so basicly you have to get in touch via mail or skype and then you both learn... I didn't myself, i'm native spanish speaker and i was trying to improve my english with a halfmexican girl from california but it didn't work as well as id like to. I guess human interaction is the best way to learn
>>
>>1111902
i'm still interested on that btw, but i guess that in this anonymous social network is hard to get in touch...
>>
Try thess podcasts are great for beginners: http://www.notesinspanish.com/
>>
>>1111902
Try with mexican spanish, is way easier to hear (the s, c and z sound are the same)
>>
>>1113474
But is op visiting mexico though?
>>
>>1113595
Not the guy you're replying to, but even if OP listens to the spanish of the place he's going, he'll get lost with the speed and the slang (which I believe it's the main problem here).
In this case any spanish will do as long as OP improves his listening skills with the basics.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.