[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How this **** works? I wanted to try this out so I sent a reservation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 21210ii213.png (8 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
21210ii213.png
8 KB, 1200x630
How this **** works?

I wanted to try this out so I sent a reservation request and expected the host to either decline or accept my request, instead he/she asked me to change my request into an inquiry and telling that he/she is not sure if the apartment is free. I couldn't find anything on the google or airbnb help about making inquiries. Maybe I'll reserve a hotel instead then.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160505-114925.png (289 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160505-114925.png
289 KB, 1080x1920
You have to click on "contact the host". That's under the map on the mobile app or under the name of the flat on the Web page
>>
>>1111644
allright thanks I'll try that!
>>
>>1111645
No problem
>>
what has everyone's experience with airbnb been like?
>>
>>1113066
Been really good. You want to make sure you spend a little more to make sure your reservation is a nice place. I made the mistake on just booking the cheapest place, BIG MISTAKE.
In order of importance:
1. Location
2. Nice-ness
3. Price+Amenities and everything else
>>
>>1113066
Im in Quebec City right now on Airbnb and its been amazing so far. Havent even seen the host yet but I dont really have to, we sorted stuff out.

But remember, cheap =/= good place
>>
>>1113066
Don't be black
>>
>>1113259
Good advice in general
>>
>>1113066
Good so far.
>>
>>1113066
awesome
>>
Wife and I used it once with a "instant booking" host when we both had a long weekend and wanted to get away from home.

Stayed in some guys townhouse in some tiny ass little town in Wisconsin, was $79 a night, stayed three nights. It was nice, clean, airbnb is easy to use when instant booking. Just fucking weird staying in someone else's home.
>>
From which country do I have to be to be able to pay via Paypal? My shitty country don't have PP available and I can't find a list of countries that have it enabled as an option.
>>
>>1113141
yeah you could've told this before I reserved my stay from airbnb

I stayed at all black neighborhood. Was cheap though. Didn't have the guts to move outside after 7pm.
>>
File: SAM_0352.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0352.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
>>1113066

Have only used it once for a place in the Marigny neighborhood of New Orleans. Super cute place that felt safe. Host was out of town for the duration of the trip (except to greet us) and we never saw the person who was watching their house. Seamless check in and check out.

Aside from that, I've mostly used homeaway, which is a similar website. Booked a cabin in high in the hills of Costa Rica which was a great time. Booked a lower level apartment in Athens Greece for dirt cheap and that was also a great time. I have not had a bad experience with vacation rentals so far, but I always book with people who have a decent number of reviews, which are mostly positive.
>>
Very expensive commisions takes airbnb..20% Plus the stay, cleaning taxes, city taxes (some cities)
>>
>>1113066
I spent two months in Japan and used airbnb the whole time, there was only one place I stayed at that was shitty but I didn't really care because it was cheap and in the middle of the city.

Imo the quality of where your staying doesn't really matter, you spend most of your time out of where your staying and using hostels/hotels/airbnbs only to sleep
>>
>>1114233
I was thinking about hiring a few nights in osaka over the emperors birthday since prices for hotels are more expensive those few days
>>1113141
>>1114072
so basically only problems you have had is being stuck in a bad part of town?
>>
How to use airbnb

>find cheapest/your favorite dorm
>go on the dorm's website
>book there
>>
>>1113066
Fantastic.

It's always worked out much cheaper than hotels, and i love having my own apartment all to myself where i can relax and cook and bring girls back.

The only down side is that you generally need to organise to meet the owner at the start of your trip to collect the keys, which can be a pain in the ass. I just hate meeting strangers though, so yeah.
>>
I'm currently renting a place from a cute Asian chick. How to bang her?

She uses me for English. We sat on the couch and talked for a while last night, but I couldn't find the nerve to make a move cause not sure if she's into me.

/Anybody bang their girl hosts general/
>>
>>1113066
My first Airbnb experience wasn't good. I used it in Berlin and the hostess who accepted me wasn't actually there, but her boyfriend was and he didn't speak much English. Because of that, there was miscommunication between the both of us which led to the boyfriend to get mad at me when I decided to go out and enjoy the nightlife in Berlin. They also didn't mention in the listing they had a kid at their flat. The boyfriend also got mad at me because I had smelly clothes and I got frustrated because I wanted to wash them because they smell like shit, but the host thinks I should have better hygiene when I always wash my clothes. It's just the hostel I was previously staying at in Berlin didn't have a washer, so I decided to wait until I arrived at my host's flat to wash them.

I decided to never use Airbnb again. They host gave me a negative review and just decided to delete the account. I went back on last week almost a year and a half later after that bad experience and the hostess deleted her listing. Probably because of the new Berlin laws about Airbnb.

Whether it's my fault or theirs, I am just going to stick to hostels
>>
>>1116022
*I just decided to delete the account
>>
>>1113442
PayPal sucks. Don't use them if you can avoid it. Do you have a credit card or at least a debit card? I have a credit card logged on the site to make bookings, but always pay by debit or bank transfer directly to the host.

If you have a bank account where you can buy shit on-line, you should be OK.
>>
>>1114098
Cleaning fees are from the host (and a bit of a joke, I try to avoid hosts that charge beyond a couple local moon units for that). City taxes are law in some places, the host isn't keeping that.

as for the commission... well, AirBnB is a business, not a charity. How much mark-up do you think a hotel takes?
>>
>>1115514
Add a bottle of wine to the mix. Ask some personal questions, get her talking about herself, get flirty, see what happens.

This may surprise you, but she may not want to fuck just because she's talking to you.

>>1116022
Sounds like you got in between a lovers' spat. Berlin is full of weirdos, too. Either way, seems retarded to swear off something based on one (obviously negative) experience.
>>
>>1116029
First impressions matter, imo. If anon had a bad experience, then it isn't his fault that Airbnb let some dumbasses host him
>>
I've had a few bad experiences where I rented a dirty or shitty apartment, and then had the host leave ME a bad review.

You have to watch out, because your reputation can affect you renting a place in the future. Some dumbshit hosts will refuse to rent to you if you even have one bad review. This I don't like.

Also, isn't it understood that the host is supposed to clean the room after you leave? I mean you should keep it as clean as you can and as clean as when you first arrived there, and everything should be good as long as you don't leave it as a total pigsty. They're going to have to sweep a bit and wash the bed sheets and what not anyway, right? Yet I had a bad review because of that. Some assholes don't understand the purpose of the website.
>>
>>1116174
AirBnB don't have any tool to contest bad reviews?
>>
>>1116125
I get it. But it's not Airbnb's fault either, that's the point.

Seems ridiculous to vehemently swear off a simple service method because of one bad experience.

>>1116174
Some people are obviously using it as a desperate attempt to make rent or supplement their probably low income. That's where you get dirty messy flea piles.

Caveat emptor.

>>1116196
They do.
>>
Just checked airbnb listings for my town for the first time. (180k citizens)

Holy fucking shit there are a lot of retards renting out fucking steals here. Looking from the amount of reviews there are, my expectations of demand(medium-low) and the amount of absolutely insanely cheap great appartments available i'm pretty sure everyone is losing money.

people are renting out 3bedroom top quality appartments for $80-90 a night that they'd get $2k+ for renting out monthly. There is absolutely 0% chance that even half of these people have customers even 15 days a month. My guess they're busy 3-8 days a month.

Sickest part is noone in my country uses airbnb. I have multiple friends who stay at hotels in my city for $110 a night like 15 nights a year at least, noone even knows they could be renting a penthouse apartment for $100/night in a top 3 location in the city.
>>
>>1116310
if you rent out monthly you start getting into leasing laws, squatter's rights, all that bullshit

also, some people like the option of using their property when they want so they just block off days they want to spend downtown, etc
>>
>>1115514
If you're in Japan ask if she wants to take a shower. That's how you say, "Do you want to see my etchings?" there. If she says no then just pretend like it never happened and get on with your life.
>>
>>1116022
Some people are just crazy and the fact that people can just sign up to use their place as a hostel makes it much more likely that you'll end up with nuts.

A good bet is to only pick places that have a lot of good reviews.
>>
>>1114072
It sucks how most people are nice but you know there's just that tiny subset of professional gang members who are high as the sky and looking for someone to fuck with just to impress their friends.
>>
>>1116310
I'm using it to stay in Chicago right now until I get a job there. It's pretty much like any normal lease except I cant take a room for a month at a time and don't have to move furniture. I'm paying a little bit lower than the average price for a room and I'm right next to the L. If I don't get a job this month I can book the same room for the next month or if I do then I can say good-bye.

I used it to go to New York City once. The place was in Bed-Stuy, I stayed with some gentrifiers. I kid you not they were all full-time graphic designers at Whole Foods. They lived in a small apartment building where the other tenants were like smoking weed and yelling all the time. The rest of the neighborhood was like Puerto Rican, the guy at the local bodega couldn't understand my Midwestern accent. I asked for eggs and one of the tenants showed me to the ice.

They were pretty nice but I could tell that using AirBNB was only an idea from one of them and that they didn't appreciate having a stinky boy who they didn't know sleeping in their home and coming back sauced all the time.

It's better than using a hotel though because I'm usually broke as shit. Once I've got a stable job I'll probably never use it again, but it's good for the time being.

I recommend that anyone who is interested use it, but on the condition that they carefully research the places that they're staying at, what their host is like and what the neighborhood is like. In some cities it's really easy to end up in a place you don't wanna be.
>>
>>1116356
Problem is, that listing had good reviews and I checked each one of them to see what experience they had and they said it was a great experience. I don't know what led to my bad experience, but I am glad I don't have to deal with them again. Maybe now since I don't have a negative review anymore and made a new account, I think I will give Airbnb another shot
>>
>>1116465
I usually give people the benefit of the doubt. it's hard to make it too far in life being a complete asshole 100% of the time so maybe they had a bad day or two

...or maybe it's just you.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.