[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello, anons. I am going to be around northern Texas for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: SrzLUYc.jpg (484 KB, 3500x2246) Image search: [Google]
SrzLUYc.jpg
484 KB, 3500x2246
hello, anons. I am going to be around northern Texas for the first time in early august. Has anyone been? Can anyone recommend things to do or sights to see?
>>
>>1111501
Good luck. Dallas is a sterile, yuppie sprawl. Denton has some appeal. Deep Ellum in Dallas is alright. Fort Worth is better than all of them. It's hard to pinpoint anything specific to see. just bars.
>>
>>1111521
In Dallas, though, you can go take apiss on Cowboys' Stadium... so that's fun.
>>
>>1111501

What exactly do you mean northern TX? It's a huge state, so that could mean Marshall to DFW to the panhandle. Anyway, I've been all over every square inch, so I'm sure I could help out.
>>
>>1111530
not OP but i'm interested in anything you can recommend near DFW.
>>
>>1111501

dallas sucks. denton is cool. never hung out in ft worth outside of a few shows at the stockyards.

dallas does have the perot museum thats supposed to be cool. theres a few music venues if youre into that; house of blues, trees, prophet bar, lizard lounge, dada, gas monkey, bomb factory. few breweries, deep ellum brewery, community, couple other ones.
denton is a college town and the square there is fun to just walk around. theres book stores, record shops, mini malls and i like the bars a lot better too. if yer a cool dude and youre in denton i might come grab a beer with you.
>>
File: horse.jpg (681 KB, 569x1000) Image search: [Google]
horse.jpg
681 KB, 569x1000
>>1112687

Well...it's a very spread out place, and very diverse, so it really depends what you're into and where you are.

Although I live in Dallas, I think FW has a much better scene for just about everything. The stockyards are a super trippy Disney-fried version of the Wild West, with a faux cattle drive and train robbers and shit.It's great seeing the Chinese tourists squeal and run away when the cap guns start going off. It's also got Sundance Square which is great for people watching, and 7th Street if you want to be a douchebag.

Uhhh what else...North Dallas has a really neat little Korean part of town with some killer food and this insane 24 hour Asian spa. Deep Ellum is a neat neighborhood for live music and punchable hipster scum. Division Street in Arlington is tons of fun trashy dive bars, and is right by the Death Star aka Cowboys Stadium. Swiss Avenue in Dallas has lots and lots of beautiful historic mansions, and is right by White Rock Lake, where I kayak and cycle often. Oh, and up near DFW Airport there's a big outdoor area where you can watch planes take off and land, and they have speakers that broadcast the tower control chatter.

I know a bit about the mid-cities, but there's not enough there to recommend anything.

>>1112737
I was in Denton the other weekend for Jazz Fest, one of the first times I've really hung out there. The town square was neat, and it definitely had that old-school college town feel. Aside from that, tons and tons of hipsters who wish they were in Austin. Plus (seriously not saying this to be a dick), it really felt like a lot of people that I spoke to were autistic or something. Everyone just seemed weirdly out of it...I was in that big book store browsing, and this guy just walks up and starts showing me the books he wanted to buy, but he didn't know which ones he really wanted, and that he didn't want my opinion, but that he just thought I should know.
>>
>>1112783
Where's the Korean part? i live in North Dallas but only see the Vietnamese parts.
Also when is a good time to go to the stockyards?
I completely agree about Denton.
>>
>>1113022

The Korean stuff is 35 and Royal. It's not huge or anything, just a few blocks, but it's very dense and pretty legit according to my Korean friends. The place I've been to the most up there is Korea House, pretty good.

The stockyards is fun anytime, but the silly cattle drive is 1130 and 4 everyday I believe. Also, even if it's not your scene, I recommend everyone try out Billy Bob's once. Tons of hot girls to ogle, fun people watching, and cheap booze.
>>
>>1112783
Thanks anon. Went to the airport. Pretty nice.
>>
>>1113085

Like, for fun?
>>
>>1113228
Like going to a park and watching planes land over my head. For relaxation and the noise more than fun i guess.
>>
>>1113306

Ah gotcha...yeah that place is great
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.