[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /trv/, Thinking about travelling through the Balkan region/south-eastern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 89850-004-C88E1B75.gif (86 KB, 460x430) Image search: [Google]
89850-004-C88E1B75.gif
86 KB, 460x430
hey /trv/,

Thinking about travelling through the Balkan region/south-eastern Europe for 2 or 3 weeks in august.
Went to Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia 2 years ago which I really enjoyed. Would like to see some other countries this time though.
I heard good stories about Bulgaria/Romania so this is very much an option but I'm open to any tips recommendations, really.
Any tips on what I definitely should not miss? I'll be with a small group of guys in our early 20s.
We do enjoy culture and scenery but there should definitely be some opportunities to go out/enjoy nightlife.
>>
Did you meet serbia strong?
>>
avoid Moldova ( not even Balkans tho ), Kosovo, Albania and obviously Turkey and you'll be fine
t. Croat
>>
>>1112260
Istanbul is beutiful.
>>
>>1112260
OP here. I'm not really interested in going to Moldova this summer.
Why should I avoid Kosovo and Albania though? They seem really cool.
>>
>>1112889
Not the Croatian dude, but I wouldn't even know what to picture when I hear Kosovo.

The Albanian coast is marvellous though, and its mountains are among the last really wild places of Europe.
>>
File: gtc17.jpg (359 KB, 1599x773) Image search: [Google]
gtc17.jpg
359 KB, 1599x773
>>1112260
>avoid Albania

I must disagree. It's a very surreal experience and if you are not afraid and already been to Balkans, then Albania is naturally the next step.

Montenegro and the bay of Kotor is a comfy place to visit as well. (pic related, taken from a ship in a port)
>>
>>1112929
Looks really cool! How is the party scene in Albania?
>>
>>1111278

Bulgaria is fantastic, beautiful scenery and brilliant food/drink. I'd recommend seeing Veliko Tarnovo, the former capitol of the Bulgarian Empire, though the nightlife didn't appear to be very active when I was there. The nightlife in Sunny Beach seemed crazy, though I did not partake in it myself, it's your typical resort though.
>>
Hello OP,
I would recommend that you consider Bulgaria. I am currently maintaining the Visit Bulgaria thread, so you can check it out and see if it's for you.

>>1111717

>>1113348
Can confirm. There is a light show from time to time in Veliko Tarnovo, check out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBml0NGJt1c
>>
>>1113358

Saw the light show when I was there from the rooftop of a traditional Bulgarian house, I'll never forget that experience!
>>
>>1111278
Hey OP,

how was Bosnia and Herzegovina? I'm thinking about going there for two weeks in the fall. How easy is getting around in public transport? Also how is camping there, I've been thinking about taking a tent to minimize costs. I'm going from Poland and cheapest flight I can get close to B&H for cheap is flying to Belgrade. So I don't know how easy would be to get from Serbia to B&H. Flying to Croatia is not really an option in August since flights that time are crazy expensive. Any information and tips appreciated!
>>
File: ATK_5906.jpg (305 KB, 1087x720) Image search: [Google]
ATK_5906.jpg
305 KB, 1087x720
>>1112889

You would be a fool to avoid Albania and Kosovo. While Albania is getting more popular, Kosovo remains the most underrated destination in Europe. Beautiful scenery, friendly people, historical cities and the big UN presence makes it an interesting experience. People will be happy you visited their country and might tell you an interesting story about your current location. And no, they do not want your money.

Pic related is a 17th century mosque in Prizren.
>>
>>1113369
Hi , I am currently in BH and it is very nice. The transportation is good, i find way more easy to ask at the hostel reception for hours than looking on the net. I strongly discourage you to camp since some area such as around mostar are filled with landminds. You have to go to sarajevo for a few days , it is very beautiful and cheap.
>>
My gf and I will be heading from Greece through Albania, Montenegro, b&h, and Croatia from the 20th of May until end of July. While we aren't really too worried, I would appreciate more input on Albania in regards to public transit and risks and dangers from those who have been before. Thanks in advance.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.