[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Baton Rouge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Ultraman Tricycle.gif (1 MB, 330x250) Image search: [Google]
Ultraman Tricycle.gif
1 MB, 330x250
So I'm moving to Baton Rouge, LA for my new job. I'm from Chicago.
What should I expect? Where would be a good place to get an apartment? Where should I steer clear away from?
>>
>>1111172
A hell of a lot of niggers, not even kidding. Some places in Baton Rouge are more dangerous than Africa itself. The area between downtown and LSU's campus is the definition of a ghetto. Also the area directly east of downtown is also a no go zone. If you have a car and stick to the suburbs you'll be perfectly fine though.
>>
A lot of traffic, especially when there's an LSU game. Most people live outside of Baton Rouge and commute
>>
>>1111334
So between downtown and LSU, east of downtown, and where else?
Where would be a good place to get a flat then?
>>
>>1111334
he said he was from chicago. it cant be anything he hasnt already seen
>>
you should expect a couple caps to be busted in your ass.
>>
Lots of fucking retards. Holy shit. Everyone I have to work with there is incredibly retarded. Like generations of incest levels of dumb.
>>
I'll be an Asian working for IBM, what are my chances?
>>
>>1112044
Like, gimme a zip code that's safe guys
>>
>>1111172
Did you choose this? I mean I don't want to kick you when you're down if you didn't have a choice but this state fucking sucks. At least you're a couple of hours from New Orleans. If you can opt out I would recommend that. I'm from NO so I especially hate Baton Rouge though, so keep that in mind.
>>
Stay south of I-10/12 and LSU and avoid downtown and you should be fine. Avoid the Gardere area also, it's kind of a ghetto island in the middle of the southern half of the city, which is by far the better half. Goodwood/Sherwood is an okay area north of the interstate. A lot of the popular shopping people do is in the Mall of Louisiana area on Bluebonnet and extending over towards Siegen Lane just south of I-10.

LSU sports, primarily being football, is the dominant cultural driver in the city.
>>
>>1112121
Nope, the job chose it for me. I don't plan on staying in LA, but it is what it is.

>>1112122
Gotcha, thanks. I'm looking at apartment on the south side. My job is downtown(?) at IBM though, so fuck me there.
>>
File: Untitled.png (792 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
792 KB, 1920x1040
A wildly helpful map for your scenario appeared:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/08/us/census-race-map.html?_r=0

It appears that, if you want to live close to downtown, the best area appears to be directly south of downtown.

In basically every city in the Southeast US, as you know, there was segregation way back when and as part of that, there were "understood" dividing lines separating the white part of town from the black part of town (typically the blacks got assigned the shittier part of town). Although segregation is no longer acceptable, people still largely follow that understood dividing line between the white and black neighborhoods (old habits die hard).
>>
>>1112124
This is real useful, thanks man.
>>
How bad is the crime? I read all sort of bad shit online, but I'd prefer some word of mouth
>>
>>1113060
It's really no different than anywhere else as long as you're in the part of the city that's not saturated with blue dots on the above map. Stay on the right side of town and don't worry about it. I lived there 5 years, former LSU student.
>>
>>1111334

Baboon Rouge
>>
>>1112124

Atlanta, Bawlmer & LA...fuck that
>>
How do you even pronounce the name?
baton like twirling batons or like button?
>>
>>1113752
BAT-un Rooj
Rhymes with flatten stooge.
>>
Boy, finding a joint to live is harder than expected
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.