[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good place to visit without dying or getting kidnapped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Uganda.jpg (70 KB, 603x302) Image search: [Google]
Uganda.jpg
70 KB, 603x302
What are some good place to visit without dying or getting kidnapped by Boko Haram?

I was looking at maybe Ghana, South Africa, Mozambique, Tanzania (including Zanzibar).
>>
>>1111081
Squad be lookin fresh
>>
Boko Haram is in northeast Nigeria and they don't dish out tourist visas. Ghana is safe as well as Tanzania. South Africa you have to watch yourself in the big cities.
>>
>>1111081

Did you get that image from /b/ a year or more ago? If yes I reckon that was my semi-OC from a YLYL thread... Classic picture
>>
Don't come to Mozambique right now, there's an ongoing conflict between political parties that is getting rather messy. People are pretty pissed at the gov't for some new debt they've uncovered. It's not a great place to be at the moment.
>>
I've spent a bit of time in Accra, Cape Coast, and Ho in Ghana. Not as safe as more developed countries obviously, but still relatively safe if you're not a complete idiot, and very safe if you stick to the touristy parts. Only real precaution you have to take is making sure you stick to the nicer parts of town after dark. A couple of Canadian girls I met told me that they had been held up at gunpoint by AK47, but that is very rare and I'd imagine the guns were probably replica (although in their situation I wouldn't have taken any chances, I'd have handed over my money too).

I've never been, but South Africa is much more of a mix from what I've heard. While I was in Ghana, a partner volunteer group went to South Africa and stayed in a rural township. One night one of the guys decided to break curfew and go to a bar, and as he walking back drunk he ended up getting stabbed and having all his valuables taken. These poor areas have incredibly high levels of criminality, and you really do have to take caution. Even in the rich areas like Cape Town and Johannesburg I think you still need to be careful when crossing the city, and things like that. Finally, there's also dangers from nature. In that volunteering group I spoke about, a group decided to go to the beach and swim in the ocean. They didn't realise how powerful the current was, and were swept out to sea. Two girls died, and the rest of the group was very lucky to escape with their lives. I had been doing the same thing in Ghana (swimming in the ocean) and when this story filtered through to us it was incredibly sobering. Take these sorts of warnings seriously, and only swim on beaches which you know are safe.
>>
>>1111319

I know where Boko Haram is. I was using them as a catchall for assorted shitbags that would make me denounce US imperialism before killing me.

>>1111322

Google Image.
>>
South Africa is your best bet.
The white man is still fighting the good fight to keep the place from going under.
>>
>>1111081
SA is great, but yeah, still gotta watch your back, personal experience here
Rule of thumb: if there's no white people, you're in the wrong neighbourhood
Don't drive after dark, fuel up at the major (white) shopping malls outside of towns
I mean, it's not Compton, just know you're a target in black areas (which is most of SA), and if you spend a lot of time there, you're bound to be the wrong guy in the wrong place at some point
If you're not white or black, god have mercy on your soul

Also, Botswana and Namibia are relatively safe, I think

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.