[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel to the middle east?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: mena_map.jpg (138 KB, 704x526) Image search: [Google]
mena_map.jpg
138 KB, 704x526
Hi /trv/, my mom wants to take me on a trip somewhere of my choice before I head off to college. Ive been wanting to head to the middle east/north africa because something unpredictable might happen in the area and I might not get to travel to them in the future. We dont have enough money to go for a trip to Dubai or Qatar or something, so it needs to be a bit on the lighter side of budgets, but we have enough to go to most places in Europe if I change my mind. (which it would be easy to) Most places in MENA have a travel warning in some way, but it's largely "dont go to the desert" for the most part. Countries that go boom-boom often are off the list obviously and Id also like to refrain from going to Turkey or Saudi. (even though I heard its really hard to go on a trip to Saudi Arabia anyways)

Any suggestions? Im open to reconsideration of the travel area, but if I were to go anywhere in the middle east/north africa, where would be the best place to go? Im not going to be making the decision for a while.
>>
>>1110751
Oh and disregard the more southern countries also listed in the map as North Africa, because I have no interest in going there even if they were ultra safe to travel to.
>>
>>1110757

Sorry not everyone wants to go to North Europe or East Asia.
>>
Lebanon, Jordan, Morocco are perfect for you based on your post. The order listed is the order recommended, as they are all interesting, safe and cheap (considering you avoid tourist traps).

>Just go somewhere you aren't putting your mother in danger.

kys, senpai
>>
>>1110751
Egypt to Jordan to Israel is a fun trip. Start in Cairo, maybe visit Siwa in the west, Aswan, Alexandria, etc, then head to Sinai to Sharm el Sheik and Dahab (I recommend Dahab over Sharm for lack of asshole package traveling Russians), then take a ferry to Jordan and go from Aqaba up to Wadi Rum and Petra then on to Amman and the Dead Sea, then cross the King Hussein Bridge to Israel and see Jerusalem, the West Bank, Tel Aviv, and if you have time go up north to some historically interesting but less traveled cities like Haifa and Nazareth and Tiberias. They still occasionally find ancient relics in the dirt around the sea of Galilee.

All in all, the most expensive that kind of trip would get would be in Israel where it's still cheaper than most European countries.
>>
>>1110751
Take a closer look at Oman. I was there not long ago, and it was awesome. It's stable, safe, and unlike most other Arab countries, it's genuine and has a long history. They haven't been spoiled by oil money like others in the region. You will actually meet locals, and they're some of the most friendly and hospitable I've ever met.
>>
>>1110751
>something unpredictable might happen in the area

Uhhhh, hasn't that already happened?
>>
>>1111357

Haven't been to Oman but I used to be friends with a guy who was related to the royal family there. Really chill dude - he showed me a lot of pictures and invited me to visit. Seems safe and fun, but without very "happening" cities.
>>
>>1111374
OP should visit Libya. Lots of "happenings" going on in the cities there.
>>
>>1110751
can strongly recommend Iran (if you're not American)
>>
Morocco is incredible I just got back a couple weeks ago and had the time of my life. It's perfectly safe and the culture is absolutely beautiful. Go to Fez or Chefchaouen (the blue city) or Marrakesh. So many awesome places to explore
>>
My only experience there has been in Qatar, UAE and Kuwait.

Qatar did nothing for me at all. UAE is interesting in a weird as fuck way, and getting down to Abu Dhabi was worth doing -- t is more strictly Islamic in culture than Dubai, but a lot less plastic and overblown.

Kuwait, I am not sure if I see this as an attractive place to go with Mom -- I don't know your Mom at all, of course. The war there knocked them off track to being another Fabulously Wealthy Dubai Extravaganza!!!! There is still some authentic culture around, though, some decent things like museums and an aquarium and stuff.-- I'm just not sure there's enough there to keep you occupied.. That said, the people there were as nice as any I've met anywhere -- and if you are an American, you won't find many places where that is more popular than Kuwait.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.