[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (42 KB, 470x395) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
42 KB, 470x395
Hi there im from Bolivia, and lately I've been thinking about studying for my college degree in Australia. Actually im searching for a career related to cattle breeding and i heard that Australia breeds are similar in my country.Can someone help me answering some of this questions and giving me some advice?
- Is life there expensive?
- Which university can you advice to me?
- It'd difficult to make friends?
- How's night life?
- Which state should i live?
And finally if you can give me any advice that would be fantastic.
Thanks!
>>
Can't answer your questions, but you may want to ask /int/. A lot of Australians are on around this time, and they're usually pretty helpful when it comes to this kind of stuff.
>>
>>1110614
Fuck off we're full!
>>
>>1110652
not even
>>
>>1110614
Are you rich? University is really expensive for overseas students and you can only work 20 hours per week.

Best cities to study would be Brisbane of Melbourne I think. I live in Brisbane and we have heaps of South Americans here esp Colombians and Argies

Another option would be working holiday visa and get a job at a cattle station
>>
>>1110653
Yes even
>>
>>1110614
>- Is life there expensive?
For foreign students, oh hell yes, university tuition will be scandalously expensive. Living is also quite overpriced, especially so for alcohol & cigarettes, if that's relevant for you.
>- Which university can you advice to me?
For veterinary/agricultural sciences? Most country kids I know didn't go to a university, but they have agricultural colleges for these topics. Not very highbrow, but experienced. There are also specific universities that would cover these topics in a more clinical fashion, but you'll have to check each uni's prospectus to find them. As far as I remember, there's only like one uni in each state that would offer a decent specialization in the field.
>- It'd difficult to make friends?
I doubt it. Australians are pretty outgoing, and usually love meeting interesting people to add to their social groups.
>- How's night life?
Varies a lot. Can be very, very expensive. Can be seriously negatively affected by asshole security, asshole drunks, asshole police. Can also be pretty good fun. I'd recommend searching out the doof scene, outdoor parties in the middle of nowhere, they're the fucking best, by my standards anyway, I don't know what you're into. House parties & the like are often pretty good, just gotta find the right friends. At a university, you're off to a good start. At an agricultural school, you've every chance to end up going to a B&S ball. Your life will never be the same.
>- Which state should i live?
Pretty sure cattle are raised all over the country. Each state has something going for it, and misses out on other things. As >>1110692 said, Brisbane & Melbourne are top-tier cities, and are well located for town-hopping along the coast for holidays.

I think deciding where would be best in Australia to go study for a few years is really dependent on what you like to do outside of your studies.
>>
>>1110614

The beef capital of the world is a place called Rockhampton, about 6hrs north of Brisbane (very nice to live/study). "Rocky" is a complete shit hole but I think Central Qld University there has a program to do with the beef industry. Check out University of Qld at Gatton too, I know they have agricultural studies. As others have said, it's expensive to live in Australia but not impossible!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.