[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it dead? seems to me like it's just shills and adds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
is it dead?

seems to me like it's just shills and adds now

the more normie tourists used it, the less usefull it became for realtravelers^tm
>>
I'm still a fan for getting a quick overview of the major sites in places I know nothing about. Tripadvisor is usually my first stop to learn a few of the biggest things to do in a new place, although there's a lot more research that I do before I put feet on the ground there.
>>
>>1110600
Does it matter? I feel like most people end up going to the same sites anyway. I'll always use it to look for attractions and take a quick glimpse at hotel ratings. It's still relevant for the most part. That and reading books, it more or less does the job.
>>
>RealTravelerâ„¢
>research
>RESERVATIONS
not even once
>>
I noticed in SE Asian countries the top restaurant choices will always be some kind of overpriced, sit-down western restaurant.

Use tinder, match with some locals, and ask them where the best food and things to do are. Invite them along if you feel like it. I do this everywhere and it works surprisingly well.
>>
>>1110600
It's good for Europe and North America, since most restaurants are listed on it, unlike in Asia.

Still better than Yelp though. :^)
>>
Helped me find some cool things to do in Europe and North america, things that are out of the normal tourist path.
But in Central america I found the lonely planet book much better.
>>
>>1111967
Because everyone is good looking like you. xD
>>
>>1112010
I'm 30 and chubby. Tinder isn't hard when you're in a foreign country where you're considered "exotic" and "rich".
>>
>>1112011
this, also there is a thing called favourable lighting and posture if you're really that insecure. you honestly don't even need to be good looking for tinder. as long as you know your standards and don't aim too high it's literally impossible to get a match
>>
I don't listen to the reviews, I just use it to find interesting things to do in new areas. Common sense will tell you if it's worth it or not.
>>
I use it to find hotels in the city center and see which ones offer the best balance of cost and comfort. I hate traveling to a city and not being near the center or near a metro line.
>>
>>1112011
>TFW you go to a foreign country and all the girls think you're rich

HER: I'm so poor ha ha, even after college I only make $20,000 a year.....but our economy is still so young, so how much money do u earn anon?

Me: about $5,000 a year.

HER: B--b-but how can you afford to travel all over the world?!

ME: I dropped out and live with parents. Can you buy me dinner? I'll give you a good shag with an exotic man.
>>
>>1112020
Just pick the right location and you'll be set. Try it now: set your location to Jakarta or Manila and start swiping. You'll have gorgeous, well-educated girls messaging you first within minutes.
>>
OP, I sort of feel the same way about TripAdvisor now. I used to get good suggestions and now the restaurants are shit that locals don't even go to. I met an Italian couple that made a pretty good point: they don't use tripadvisosr anymore because most people who write reviews come from english-speaking countries...which are very different tastes from the average European.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.