[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I have 20k saved. I'm going to India for 6 months. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Hey I have 20k saved. I'm going to India for 6 months. What else should I do after that?
>>
You should give some detail on what you like, where you've been, what you want to do, whether you want to spend all that 20k (20,000 whats? USD, EUR, GBP?), etc.
>>
>>1110587

20k Canadian. I'm thinking of spendin 1000 a month in India, then continuing my travels. Mabe hit up Sri Lanka then SEA. Never been there. Been to Some parts of Africa before.
>>
>>1110591

With $14k CAD in Southeast Asia you could do anything from survive for years in a smaller town to live like a literal king in Bangkok for 6 months. Love the region but you should spend some time thinking about what exactly you hope to get out of the trip. Can't speak on Sri Lanka but if you're already in India then SEA is a tightwad's travel paradise.
>>
>>1110598

Just travelling I have no expectations to get something out of a trip, just and adventure I suppose, surfing in Sri Lanka. Was thinking of going to Vietnam or Siem Riep to work on a book. Somewhwere I could focus and live cheaply.
>>
>>1110585
You'll have to figure out something to do with the extra $19,500.
>>
>>1110585
I did India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives in one trip. If I had 6 months I would extend it to Burma and maybe spend another 6 months in Thailand and SEA. $20k can take you a loooooong way in that part of the world.
>>
>>1110585
Just out of curiosity... do you have a job that will be waiting for you when you return or anything? Is the 20k all your money, or just a fund you have been collecting for travel? Honestly curious because disappearing for 6 months seems great, want to hear someone's experience.
>>
>>1110622

Cool, maybe I will do that.
>>
>>1110627

20 k is all my money right now. Will probably save another 8k by the time I leave in Sept.

My boss said I could come back, but I don't think he will realize how long I'm gone for.
I work in a kitchen. I don't have a career or any obligations at home. However I have a nagging part in my mind that life is moving fast and I should start to focus on something, and not just drift forever.
>>
>>1110632
Thanks for the response. I have one more year of school ahead of me before I begin my career so I was curious. I hope one day I can devote 6+ months to travel. I guess hope isn't the right word... I just need to have the balls to initiate it. Have a month trip coming up but simply because it's the summer before I'm off to graduate school.

World has a different plan for all of us. If you're too settled you'll think you need to travel, if you drift too much you'll think you need to settle. My bad, pushing the post away from the normal topic haha. Hope you have a blast in India. Very respectful what you're doing. Most people I know working jobs instead of in a career just spend their money on idiotic items.
>>
>>1110585
if you have any questions or need help with stuff text me on watsapp 9002423622 .Im an Indian college student doing my 2nd year engineering.
I could probably help you out a bit.
>>
Bishes on 4chan i implore you not to send random crap to that number.
---___---- im trying to be helpful here.
>>
>>1110585

spend the rest on soap and hot water.
>>
>>1111677
yeah, appreciated, and /trv/ is not as dumb as other boards, nor as popular, so you might be alright. Just some advice though, next time initiate contact through a throwaway email, like guerillamail or others like that.
>>
>>1110585
Probably see a doctor
>>
>>1111676
>>1111676

+90 or +91?

I'm the faggot who made a few India generals. Would be down to make friends, no homo.
>>
Make sure you figure out which street is designated.
>>
>>1110585
>has 20k
>goes to India for 6 months
>what to do with the remaining 19k?

Dude, you might as well hit some of the Indian Ocean islands if you have too much cash.
>>
>>1111676
I hope you don't smell, yar
>>
>>1111676
POO
>>
>>1110638
I'm not the guy you're talking to, just anoth r anon who is taking some time off.
Me and my Mrs are getting married overseas and then travelling South America for nearly 4 months.
We have a home loan together and 2 small dogs.
My mrs is on a pretty good wage and I'm on a decent wage too, which obviously helps. A great job where the employer appreciates you I'd probably the biggest hurdle, if you want to go away and come back to a job. We were both able to get the time off, even tho I don't have nearly enough leave.
If you want to travel for a long time, SEA is definitely a worthwhile area that your money will last. I've been there too, but not for long stints, only 2 or 3 week stints.
The best thing for someone in your position, is to just pick a date a year or so in the future (maybe 6 months after you graduate), which gives you plenty of time to save up heaps. Pick a date, don't waste money on drinking excessively or partying, save a shit load, maybe coerce a friend or 2 to join you on the whole thing or just parts.
Obviously it's easier said than done. So if you pick a date, and aim to save a certain amount, what's the worst that could happen? You save some money and if the time comes you don't feel ready, don't go? I dunno, that's how I'd look at it.

Sorry to ramble and move thread away from OP
>>
>>1110585
If you look like this, good luck in India if you travel by yourself.
>>
>>1110585

Invest in underwear and pants for the times you forget and drink non-bottled water.
>>
Why would anyone WANT to go to india?
>>
File: 000.jpg (98 KB, 646x602) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
98 KB, 646x602
>>1110585
Be wary of being gang raped when in India.
>>
Hey /trv/esties
Work want me to go to India to show them how to do my job as its being "rightshored"
I'm getting a large cash compensation package and it will look good on my cv for future jobs so I'm considering going.
The trouble is I've recently had a few health issues, I may have hepatitis b/c, a fatty liver or something else unidentified at the moment. I've been told no over the counter medicines, no paracetemol and limit alcohol intake.
Does anyone know if the vaccinations for india affect your liver function?
If they do I cant go and work will have to find someone else to go over
Anyone have a clue?
Or is this really a question for a doctor?
Cheers cunts.
>>
>>1113662
that's double pen, not a gangbang
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.