[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
beating the system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 1297477767724_ORIGINAL.jpg (34 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
1297477767724_ORIGINAL.jpg
34 KB, 650x433
just out of curiosity

lets say if you were deported and banned from entering a country after committing a crime there.
would it be theoretically possible to enter it using a new passport with a slightly different name, and a different photo?

for example, some asian / middle eastern people have first names that can be spelled in 1 word or 2 words. if they're able to get a different passport that stated their first name having a space in between or lack of, along with a different photo

then would they be recognized as a different person and therefore clear their own criminal history?
>>
you're forgetting that fingerprints usually get taken in those situations. That's WHY they take fingerprints.
>>
>>1110572
Depends on the country, I have heard immigration tell people when they get deported that if they change their name and get a new passport they can come back. I have seen it, in fact.
>>
>>1110572
I've done this in Russia.

My name is Simon, I'm German. Now you can either pronounce that in German which renders as

CИMOH

or in English, as

Caймoн.

Abused this to get double visa
>>
>>1110900
You'd have to get in serious enough trouble for a 2nd time, for them to run your fingerprints
>>
In relation to this thread, I have a question as well

If I got an extended visa for say, the UK, and then hopped to another country for a week or two at the end of my 6 months would I be able to pop back into the UK for another 6 months with a new visa if I wanted? Or would they be on me like flies on shit?

I'm a white male if that makes any difference, I know there's a big refugee shit show going on in that part of the world and idk if a white face is more easily ignored
>>
>>1111043
I think you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can get a new visa, either 90 or 180 days
>>
>>1111048
ah, so no chance of getting it renewed by some inattentive border guard huh? Lame. Guess I'll have to actually look into trying to get a visa that lets me stay there for a year or two that doesn't involve going to college
>>
>>1111035
Many countries make you take fingerprints when you enter, now. They have fingerprint scanners and cameras to take your picture at immigration, even if you're just a tourist.
>>
>>1111053
You imagine the UK has "inattentive border guards"?
>>
>>1111179
I dunno. I went through NZ security with little more than a "you a terrorist?" and a slap on the ass and I was good to go. Not sure how nutty the UK is to be fair
>>
>>1111388
They do flick through your passport and such. It's possible you might get through, but running the risk seems awfully stupid.
>>
>>1111035
I got fingerprints taken after getting caught stealing in Sweden. They dropped charges and everything but still took my prints
>>
>>1111470
Alright, thank you for the info. I guess I'll have to look into getting a visa of some sort, but that'll be hard considering I'm pretty sure i don't have any family in the UK and I don't have a college degree/education...

I guess if worst comes to worst I can cut out the page of my passport that has the visa on it lel
>>
>>1111471
What I am saying is a lot of countries don't check your fingerprints on entry/exit. So if you have a passport with a different name, or from another country, you can re-enter the country you were banned from.

But if you got in trouble to the point you were arrested and fingerprinted again you'd be caught
>>
>>1111471
>I got fingerprints taken after getting caught stealing in Sweden. They dropped charges and everything but still took my prints
>They dropped charges
You're probably fine. Dropped charges often means that they think you didn't do it, even though it can also mean that they don't think it's worth prosecuting.
>>
>>1111471
I wish they would have kicked you out of Europe altogether, thief.
>>
>>1111555
Maybe. But I have a good impression of Sweden for that reason. I kept my promise and haven't stolen anything since and i appreciate them being human and giving me another chance. It would've ruined my relationship and my chances of living there. The officer asked if I was serious about the Swede i was dating at the time and since I said yes I think it was a big part of why they let me go. Even the security who arrested me uncuffed me (it makes police less likely to press charges) even though I tried to run from them.

I just made the wrong short-sighted choice at the time and I appreciate the second chance

>in 4 someone from /pol/ saya this is why the place is cucked
>>
>>1111590
This paragraph of rehabilitation and second chances sounds nice and all, but at the root of the matter, you still have a broken moral compass where were and are the type of person who could cross the line in the first place. At this very moment, you are loving your story where you managed to luck out and not get caught, and further analyzing how and why that happened. That's the personality profile of the kind of person who gets off on that. Gypsy blood? Mafia in the family? The kind of people who admire people who manage not to work by strings of lawsuits or disability claims. Think about that. At this moment, you are iinquiring how to prevent being caught doing something illegal again. Lesson is NOT learned.

They definitely don't want your type in their country. Never for a moment think a computer database isn't going to be backed up, renewed and unused at ports of entry. It's too easy to store data. And, the consequences are too great to risk it. Give it a rest until you can afford to deal with whatever consequences could happen.
>>
>>1111471
>>1111590

You never should've stolen anything if you're a guest in our country. Whole Europe is cucked, how I wish I'd live in Canada.

You're going to steal again, I know it.
>>
>>1111650
> You never should've stolen anything if you're a guest in our country

Now, I may have laid this out wrongly. You never should've stolen anything anywhere, but especially when you're a guest on a foreign soil.
>>
>>1111613
Lmao youve been watching too much csi. Also, your logic about further analyzing and getting off on a second chance. Hahaha calm down Horatio.

Anyway sorry to derail your thread OP.

>>1111650
Europe may be cucked, but Canada's fucked. This is such a second world country. I make pretty good money and can't wait to gtfo.
>>
>>1111657
I'm still fucking dying. I'm a psych major with a specialization in behavioural psych and what you said doesn't even make sense. Hahaha
>>
>>1111480
>I guess if worst comes to worst I can cut out the page of my passport that has the visa on it lel
Pretty effective way to get into trouble.
>>
>>1111658
Not that I disagree with you specifically but there is such a thing as scared-straight. Or a wake-up call.

Maybe OP learnt that there were potentially serious consequences for his actions and now wishes to come back to Sweden and do it properly this time?
>>
>>1111657
>Also, your logic about further analyzing and getting off on a second chance
OPs chosen title for his thread is "beating the system"...so I think you're the one with poor logic.
>>
>>1111177
confirmed.

there are fingerprint scanners at the border when you speak with the io. i saw a few people getting scanned back into their own country on arrival a few months ago. i didn't get scanned. it's selective i guess.
>>
>>1111722
I never said it was a good plan

in all honesty i talk big shit but I'll probs just swallow the pill and leave for 90 days or whatever the limit is and then head back in for another go around, or maybe make connections in the UK and get someone to sponsor me so I can apply for a work visa when I leave the country and pop back in
>>
>>1111807
What country? Some countries have them. Not all, or even a majority.
>>
File: h_012998511-714x441.jpg (77 KB, 714x441) Image search: [Google]
h_012998511-714x441.jpg
77 KB, 714x441
>>1111810
merica

also some eu countries

http://www.politico.eu/article/eu-smart-borders-system-may-fingerprint-us-visitors/
>>
>>1111810

Japan has them -- fingerprints + picture taken at immigration.
>>
File: 1461543258925.jpg (168 KB, 936x936) Image search: [Google]
1461543258925.jpg
168 KB, 936x936
what happens when you refuse to give up your prints when entering the US because >muh privacy?
>>
>>1111043
it's written on your visa, if you have 180 days, you can hop in and out anytime you want but you cannot stay more than 180 days combined.

this applies to UK and EU countries, I think

but if it's upon arrival such as S.E. Asia, you can hop out, get a stamp on your visa and come back in the same day.
>>
>>1111879
>what happens when you refuse to give up your prints when entering the US because >muh privacy?
Gitmo.
>>
>>1111879
Citizens do not have to give prints.

LPRs and non-immigrants do. They are just turned away.
>>
>>1111883
So wait, I can stay for like 4 months, then leave, and come back and it's reset? I'm confused.

What's the "stay away" time after I use my 6 months? Do I have to stay our of the country for 6 months, or is it just a matter of leaving for a week and coming back in for another 6 months, assuming the immigration folks don't suspect me of trying to live there illegally or something?
>>
>>1110572
Just go to Canada and run across the border to North Dakota.

Wear a hardhat and walk along the highway until someone picks you up.

Tell them you worked for an oil company but your mates played a trick on you when you drunk and passed out. They'll take you to a city and then you can take the bus/truck around the US from there.

You must wear a hardhat or orange safety vest. Most Americans don't do hitchhiking anymore but if you look like the hardworking backbone of America they may shed a tear.
>>
>>1110572

Biometrics - no

Its there to stop shitskins like you doing exactly what you are trying.

Please don't blow up any white people Muhammad and go back to whatever shithole you came from.
>>
If the country is poor enough you can probably bribe your way in or out.

If you're white it can work for you or against you. In E. Europe they didn't check at all. In SE Asia they check everything meticulously and will charge you for any overstay or discrepancy.

In Cambodia, filipinos will overstay theit visas by years and simply plan on bargaining with the border gaurds.
>>
>>1111961
I lived in France for a few years. Tourist visas are good for 6 months. Every 6 months I'd take a quick round-trip to the UK so I could get a new stamp in my passport. Never once had an issue.
>>
>>1111471
OP this will just mean Sweden will welcome you with a red carpet, €1000 a month pocket money through welfare and a rent-free appartment. You don't have anything to worry about
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.