[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here tried WWOOFing before? Thinking it could be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
Has anyone here tried WWOOFing before?

Thinking it could be a good way to travel while saving money. What does it involve? And what are the areas you're in generally like?
>>
Bump for interest/ someone educate me
>>
Not personally but I have a friend that did it in Israel and she said it was a great time. Her experience was waking up before dawn and working until early afternoon than had the rest of the day to herself. Free bed and food, really nice set up if you dont mind putting your back into it.
>>
>>1110280
I'm not big on slave labour mate
>>
File: okra_121813.jpg (242 KB, 1460x913) Image search: [Google]
okra_121813.jpg
242 KB, 1460x913
I've never done it, but as you'd imagine it comes up on /trv/ a lot.

Some folks had a great experience, some didn't, as reported back to /trv/.

Folks who had a good expreience tendee to be more into the organic farming thing, and reported that the chance to spend time living with locals (even such atypical locals as poor organic farmers!) was a meaningful part of their trip.

Folks who didn;t enjoy it thought they spent too much time digging in the dirt, which they could have done at home without paying to get to Indonesia or some damn where, and they did not have much time during their WWOOFing experience to see or do anything else. As you'd imagine, folks who were hoping to spend an hour weeding cabbages and then knock off while their host took a day off to drive them around to see the sights were disappointed! And, finally, some folks reported getting stuck with hosts who were either unable to communicate with them or who were just unpleasant to be around.

What I took away from ealier discussions was that it would be something to look t if you had any interest in doing some organic farm work as soemthing to be experienced in the trip, with the added benefit of spending some time living/working with local folks. It would not be a good way to try and keep costs of a trip down if those things did not appeal to you, as the part of the trip where you are saving money you are also not enjoying. And do your homework, to the extent possible, on who you might be working for.
>>
>>1110280
As the above poster mentioned, the host is a very important part of the whole thing. It'd be a good idea to check up with them and also to scout out the location as best as possible.
As far as areas, I've seen some beautiful farms in lots of countries and some farms in some not so uh... aesthetically pleasing spots. I'm considering doing the same eventually- Do you have any specific country in mind?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.