[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An American in Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 0
Hello /trv/. I'm an American who's traveling to Europe this summer, and I have a concern. I'm 19 years old and a freshman in college, and this summer, I'll be going to Croatia with my best friend from high school. My friend is of Croatian descent, and as such, he has family over there, and thus, he will actually arrive in Croatia a few days before me. Also, since I'm a starving college student, I couldn't afford a direct flight to Croatia. Instead, I booked a flight to Frankfurt, Germany, and I plan to take a train into Zagreb.

However, when I try to look online for train tickets, there are so many different websites with different prices and fees, and I'm quite confused on what do to do. The last thing I'd want is to get stranded in a foreign country (I can only speak English, Spanish, and very basic German).

My itinerary thus far is:
>Depart San Francisco on 6/20, at 13:20
>Arrive in Keflavik, Iceland at 4:40 on 6/21
>Depart Keflavik at 6:40
>Arrive in Frankfurt, Germany at 11:45 on 6/21

And then from Frankfurt to Zagreb, it appears that I'd have a 7-11 hour train ride, with a transfer in Munich. How would I go about getting a good deal and making sure I'm on the right train?
>>
Don't even worry about it. So long as you're not in France, the trains won't be an issue.
>>
>>1110187

Would I buy my tickets online or wait until I'm already at the train station in Frankfurt?
>>
<<1110190

online might be a safe bet.
>>
Hey,

I did something similar last year. I was 20, and backpacked solo for 1 month. You'll be fine. I recommend grabbing the DB(Deustch Bahn) Navigator app for train information, without it you might be in for a rough time. Best of luck!
>>
>>1110194

thanks pal
>>
>>1110194
>DB(Deustch Bahn) Navigator app

Forgot to mention, you can buy tickets, and use the phone qr code as a pass. It is extremely helpful!
>>
Buy a ticket to London, then from London Luton buy a low-cost ticket to Split, CRO. Faster and easier. It will most likely be cheaper, too. Not sure the exact calculations, As in, I just found a 1-way ticket for €107.66 with WizzAir.
>>
>>1110203
You could also buy a ticket to Amsterdam, and from there take an Easyjet flight to Split. Just checked and it's about €80 one-way. From Split to Zagreb is about €25-30 by train or bus and takes five to six hours.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.