[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best places to go in Canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: k3canadapolit.gif (33 KB, 550x416) Image search: [Google]
k3canadapolit.gif
33 KB, 550x416
I'm looking to go to Canada over the summer. Any recommendations on where to go for a good week and a half trip?
>>
What do you like to do? Do you want cities and night life and tourist shit? Or do you want nature and hiking/camping? Really beyond Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver no cities are really worth going to for long.
>>
>>1109748
Honestly I'd like to experience a bit of both. I was considering Vancouver but they don't have a lot of good ecotourism around there. Is there any place there with some good city stuff and culture along with some ecotourism?
>>
>>1109748
>implying Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are worth going to for long.
>>
>>1109747
it's funny because I've been thinking about going to Montreal because I read it's fun as fuck
>>
>>1109754
wait what...
no ecotourism in Vancouver??
there's so much fucking nature and shit around there
Victoria on Vancouver Island is close by as well and has a completely different vibe
Victoria is small and more traditional and 'British'
the island has a really cool wild western shoreline
>>
Calgary stampede around the middle of July is pretty fun
>>
>Whitehorse is a major city
>Yellowknife isn't
Haha, suck it NWT-fags
>>
>>1109783
Protip: It's shit
>>
File: Banff.jpg (785 KB, 1660x732) Image search: [Google]
Banff.jpg
785 KB, 1660x732
Banff/Jasper national parks

Absolute paradise in the summer,plenty of good hostels and if need be can easily go check out Edmonton/Calgary for a day or two.
>>
>>1109955
This. Just got here to say that. Best hikes ever. Love it
>>
>>1109754
The fuck you talking about? Vancouver is full of hippies and tree huggers smoking weed all day and being one with nature. There's ecotourism everywhere in Canada anyway, try harder.

>>1109783
As someone who grew up in Montreal, left, then went back for 2 years of uni (then transferred elsewhere), I never understood this. I had nice times there, sure, and so can you... but it's not 'more fun' to me than other big cities in North America.

It's a little more relaxed in a grungy RATM-fans kind of way, with a smattering of snooty JAPs in yoga pants trying to earn street cred. If angry alternative Frenchies who wear Peruvian dashikis and have dreadlocks and drive cycle-rickshaws for a living is your idea of 'fun', then yea. It's also famous with Americans because it's mafia run strip clubs generally allow more groping than in the US (that's what I've heard Americans say anyway).

>>1109955
Banff town itself is full of coked up bogans and other Antipodean trash, and busloads of Japs taking pictures of everything that moves. The surroundings are indeed beautiful, if you can forget about the blight it's become due to its own success.
>>
Piggybacking this thread.

How are St Pierre et Miquelon? Considering travelling there this summer and wondering if it's worth it.
>>
>>1110870
>It's a little more relaxed in a grungy RATM-fans kind of way

I think for Americans the big thing is 18 drinking age. Seems like a lot fewer come up after turning 21.

The relaxed thing is true. Housing in Montreal is very cheap for a Canadian city. There's tens of thousands of university students living close to the city center. If you have money, Vegas or Miami is a better party town. But Montreal offers a lot if you don't and are in your 20s.

And you're right about Banff, Jasper has as good scenery, with fewer problematic individuals.

>>1110884
It's like PEI, but administered by the French.

My uncle went, he told me it's crazy how much France subsidizes it. Like there's 1 teacher for every four kids, multiple police officers even though there's no crime.

There's a lot of culture shock from taking a one hour ferry. But there's nothing really to see.

Would you be including it in a trip of Newfoundland, or flying there?
>>
Why would anyone want to visit canada?
>>
File: DSC_0467.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0467.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Admittedly I've never been anywhere else in Canada so I have no comparison, but I can't imagine anywhere else compares to the majestic beauty of the national parks in Alberta and Vancouver.

Banff is probably the most well-known and is definitely worth a visit, although I prefer Jasper. If you enjoy outdoor activities then I'd definitely recommend spending your full week visiting both and doing everything that the great outdoors has to offer (e.g. hiking, mountainbiking, dark-sky gazing, rafting, etc), and you can take in the Columbia Icefields for a couple of days in between (it's the highway that links Jasper to Banff, and is a national park in its own right).
>>
Anyone here been to St. John's, Newfoundland?
I'll likely be there for a few days for an interview.
>>
Yeah man I lived in St. Johns last year for 8 months, worked downtown on George Street. Awesome city, good nightlife on George, great live music. Just keep an eye out for skeets and sketchy fucks who try to jump you while waiting for a cab.

I'll answer any questions you have
>>
>>1111516
Where are some must-visit places in St. John's?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.