[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miami
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Miami.jpg (404 KB, 1600x568) Image search: [Google]
Miami.jpg
404 KB, 1600x568
Redpill me on Miami, /trv/

I'm strongly considering moving there. I'm tired of living in the north.
>>
Id visit before moving. Ive been there and i like it but its not for everyone
>>
If you speak Spanish you'll love Miami or Tampa

St. Pete/Clearwater is nicer, cleaner and cheaper
>>
How is the job market?
>>
Every single person I've met from Miami hated it and moved out asap. I suppose the ones who love it there are still there, so take that as you will.

It's hot and muggy and full of Latinos (whatever that means to you). Travel a little ways outside any major city in Florida and it's hicks, rednecks, and ass backward racists.
>>
>>1109771
This, Florida is just a shit state in general. Most of the places in Miami that are actually affordable are complete shitholes that would give Haiti or the Dominican Republic a run for its money. Also nearly half of Miami can't even speak english so if that's a thing you couldn't deal with, don't go.
>>
>>1109671
>Miami
It's a hot sweaty shit hole.

If you're rich there will be plenty of whores with fake tits you can buy.

If you're poor there are plenty of people who will kill you.
>>
>>1109671
Watch out for people wearing masks.
Don't be Russian.
>>
>Florida Man

It's meme for a reason, but the Jacksonville and Tampa areas are fine. I can't speak for Miami though, but I imagine unless you have issues with diversity it's fine as well. Do know that coming from the north, thinks move slower in warm coastal series, and that's the biggest cultural adjustmentioned for northerners. Also all of the old retirees that can't drive on the roads.
>>
File: Untitled.png (690 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
690 KB, 1920x1040
I'll just leave this here:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/08/us/census-race-map.html?_r=0

In short, there is no place for non-Hispanic White middle class people in Miami. The Tampa Bay area is a superior option.

>>1109763
The job market sucks overall in the whole state, unless you are in healthcare. Tourism is also big of course, but most of those jobs are going to be comparable to working at McDonald's or Wal-Mart. It's not the best place to start a career, but it is an acceptable place if you already have a career that began somewhere else. All they want here are senior-level positions with 15 years experience. Then again, the reason the job market sucks is because everyone wants to live here and hence all of the best jobs that can be reasonably obtained by regular folks are already acquired. This is the sort of price you pay for wanting to live in a state that doesn't get snow and isn't a 3rd-World shithole overall.
>>
File: 1454896169002.png (53 KB, 239x246) Image search: [Google]
1454896169002.png
53 KB, 239x246
>>1109817
>Florida
>isn't a 3rd-World shithole overall
>>
File: Miami.jpg (33 KB, 380x611) Image search: [Google]
Miami.jpg
33 KB, 380x611
>>
File: miami3.jpg (216 KB, 1536x883) Image search: [Google]
miami3.jpg
216 KB, 1536x883
>>
>>1109775
This is the most wrong ive ever seen in one post
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.