[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe to go to Turkey at the moment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 299x168
Going interrailing soon and want to know if you guys think it is safe in Turkey at the moment with all the shit going on.

TL;DR if I go to Turkey, will I die?
>>
It's safe, but stay away from crowded beaches.
>>
Several European countries recommend NOT going there unless it's for some urgent matter.

Right now Kurds are pretty pissed, and it's also where Western ISIS recruits transit through. Pretty much not the right moment to go.
>>
>>1109270
Who the fuck gives a shit what any country thinks? It's all politics anyway. And I'm curious which countries would actually recommend "not going".
>>1109269
What?
>>1109267
Turkey is 100% safe. I didn't know it was a big interrailing country though, as most people use busses or fly from city to city. Are you planning to do the route to Tatvan/Van? If so, I can only recommend the Van lake and the wider region. Incredible scenery.
>>
>Turkey is 100% safe

Except if you happen to be there when somebody blows him or herself up. Which happens. Quite frequently.
>>
it's safe, just don't insult the Turkish president
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm94t-zNbvo
>>
>>1109291
What a completely moronic post. You can say that about every place. Keep your racism out of trv.
>>
>>1109333
It's not racism. I wanted to go to Turkey this year, but I'll wait a little more. It's current news, it just fucking happens since the past few months, thanks for the mess in the neighboring countries. If OP wanted to go to Turkey 2 or 3 years ago, nobody would say anything.

Yeah, it's still obviously safer than most of its neighboring countries and chances of OP not being dead is still high, but we're just saying how is it currently.
Also, the UE is hardly anti-Turkey. The recommendation was set up immediately after the Ankara blasts.
I would suggest to follow news about the Kurdish situation, especially in large cities like Ankara.
>>
>>1109333

Such a thing hasn't happened, literally ever, in my country. Its already happened more than once in your country this year.

Not to mention your government likes arresting random people for barely any reason.
>>
>>1109338
people have no sense of what is dangerous

ISIS isn't dangerous in Turkey. Even tho every now and then someone blows themselves up in a square

Sometimes buses crash in Turkey, sometimes you get salmonella in Turkey etc etc
>>
>>1109290
>100% safe

Yeah ok
>>
>>1109333
How are facts based on fuckin bombs exploding and Turkey being a well known advocate and ally for ISIS racist?

I won't openly call you a cuck as this isn't /pol/, but you are a mug.
>>
>>1109403
>Turkey being a well known advocate and ally for ISIS

Nah, they just hate the kurds. My enemy's enemy, that kinda thing

Turkey's still pretty NATO about the whole ISIS thing
>>
>>1109412
O I L P L E A S E
>>
Turkey is safe just stay away from the Syrian border/kurd areas ffs

You're as safe in Istanbul as you would be anywhere else in Europe right now
>>
>>1109956
>>1109372

I feel like these people are lying for some reason
>>
My boss is a displaced Georgian Turk living in the United States. He's having an arranged marriage with a girl living in Bursa and has been to Turkey two times over the course of the last month. So far as I can tell, he's had a great time exploring. However, he has mentioned that he's getting more and more worried every time he goes.

Last time I was in Turkey was in June of 2014. Was only there for a few days. Time before that was during the Gezi Park protests. Had a great time then as well.

Obviously the situation is less stable now. I'd still say you're probably fine if you go, but you should exercise more caution around big-ticket tourist destinations and perhaps avoid them during peak hours.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.