[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
London Underground
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: british-people12.jpg (125 KB, 580x369) Image search: [Google]
british-people12.jpg
125 KB, 580x369
I will be embarking on a trip to London in a couple of months. No car will be available, but the London Underground seems fit for my daily commute (Marble Arch-Liverpool Street).
Anything I should be aware of? Muggers? Buggers? Gypsies? Giant spiders? Victorian ghosts? Eurabian suicide bombers? Her Majesty dancing about in underoos during the five bongers?
Anything I should be mindful about when interacting with brits?
Also, what can you eat for cheap in London?
>>
I worked in London and took the underground every day.
I don't know where are you from but it's clean enough, I haven't seen any gypsy so far, probably because you need to use your ticket (or oyster card) for BOTH entering and exiting.

Unlike Paris. Damn, the London Underground is like heaven if you're from Paris.
>>
>>1108187
The only place you need to worry about buggers is Soho or the catholic church, mate.
>>
>>1108205
>>1108208
many thanks, perfidious albions
>>
>>1108187
Try Borough Market nearby to London Bridge for cheap food, usually can get lots of free tasting shit there too.
London is a pretty safe city, the biggest danger you'll have is from pickpockets, but it's the same in every busy place.
You can get cheap fish and chips from mostly anywhere, get a lot of cheap junk food as well as that.
On the underground, make sure you follow what everyone else is doing such as moving down inside the train, standing on the right of the escalators, having oyster card or ticket ready when leaving otherwise you gonna get some serious tuts and disapproving looks
>>
File: kfl2rsn.jpg (124 KB, 861x473) Image search: [Google]
kfl2rsn.jpg
124 KB, 861x473
>>1108230
many thanks britbong
>>
File: tourist-london-006.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
tourist-london-006.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>1108241
>britbong
TOP KEK M8

anyone who says "you can get fish and chips anywhere in zone 1" or "borough market has cheap food" is clearly a tourist who went there for under 2 weeks. If you can find a chippy anywhere close to London Bridge, I can promise you they are a mediocre tourist trap that charges approximately double what a chippy in Lewisham or Woolwich would. Of course, in Lewisham or Woolwich (which I am NOT recommending you visit), it's a lot more than pickpockets you have to watch out for...
>>
>>1108257
desu if it's more expensive that McDunnies I won't be eating it,
also, most of my days there I will spend at the Liverpool uni, if they have any sort of cafeteria i will probably end up eating there for convenience
anyways, thanks you cheeky cunt
>>
>>1108187
>public transit awareness
walk left, stand right, dont loiter by the turnstiles, get an oyster card, you will NOT be able to pay cash anywhere, move quickly, give no attention to nutjobs it just encourages them, avoid eye contact
>muggers
depends where
>buggers
that's British for anal penetration kek
>gypsies
stay away and dont interact and youll be ok
>giant spiders, victorian ghosts
2/10
>eurabian suicide bombers
80% of the city fits this description
>interacting with brits
Roasting ie taking the piss is a big part of their culture. If they are ripping into you its because they like you. It's called "banter" and if you're american, you have to learn to handle this. Londoners can seem extremely rude or standoffish, but that's just something the city does to you, they're actually lovely people underneath. Don't be deterred. Don't bother with anywhere by Oxford Street, Leicester Square, Picadilly circus, or Covent Garden. All of these are tourist traps, you will not encounter any brits there.

If you want an epic night out, consider Fabric, Ministry of Sound, anywhere around Farringdon or Charterhouse area, Old street, Croydon, even brixton is going through a reneissance, brixton academy is unbeatable, and you can't go wrong in Camden town. Honestly as touristy as camden town is if you go pub hopping you will have a great time and if you are in any way social you'll end up in some pretty great if ridiculous situation.
>cheap eats in london
Any one of the millions of fried chicken/pizza/kebab joints. There is something like a fried chicken shop for every 10 people and you'll never pay more than 5 quid for a plate. If you want cheap pub food, go to a JD Weatherspoons though the food is typical chain restaurant food, nothing special.
>>
>>1108260
>if you are in any way social
hahaha, nope
anyways i will save this recommendations for next year
this year i just plan on going there, doing the thing and getting right back
next year i will have to give follow-up to the thing, but I hope to save a bit so that I can plan some vacation time immediately before or after thinging
is the oyster card useful/good idea if i will only spend about a week there?
>>
>>1108260
btw thanks
>>
>>1108262
Absolutely an oyster card is useful. Be sure to turn it in to collect your deposit when you leave.
>>
>>1108266
aight m8
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.