[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /trv/, First time poster here looking for advice on traveling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Hey /trv/,
First time poster here looking for advice on traveling to Geneva. I plan to stay for 13 days (12 nights) and was wondering if there are cheaper options from housing (eg. temporary room mate, etc...) to circumvent the hotels. Also, any suggestions of where to visit? I'll most likely be traveling solo. This is my first unaccompanied trip to Europe, although I have spent quite a bit of time in Bulgaria and Eastern Turkey. Any general tips/suggestions are also welcome!
>>
>>1108181
Why would you go to Geneva for 13 days? It's a extremely expensive small city that can be done in one day.

As for options AIrBnB is always a option as well as staying anywhere towards Lausanne as price will drop as soon as you leave the city lines.
>>
>>1108188
I gave it some though and decided I'm just gonna be traveling around Europe. I'm going to Spain first, then Geneva for a couple days, then probably Bulgaria and Turkey. I'll finish it off with a flight to Bahrain to visit some friends. I'm probably just going to be training around in Europe since I have a Bulgarian passport, too.
>>
>>1108482
Like the other anon said, don't waste more than a day in Geneva. Seriously. You will get bored very fast. There are plenty of options nearby, you can easily take a train from Geneva to anywhere else in Switzerland, or to France, even Italy or Germany.
>>
>>1108482
Good plan, the reason I said don't waste too much time in Geneva is, if you take away the LHC and the UNO stuff it would be as irrelevant as Brussel without the EU stuff.
You have a nice old town, a good luxury shopping street, a few ok tier museums,the jet d'eau and of course taking a cruise on lac leman.

Depending on when you go I could recommend you things to do as the other anon said, you can go basically all around switzerland in about 4h.
>>
>>1108637
Go for it; I'm always open for suggestions. My trip plan thus far is arriving in Granada for a week or so, spending a couple days in Ibiza, going to Pescara and Lake Como in Italy for a bit, going to Geneva for a day or so, then spending the rest of the time in Bulgaria. I scrapped Turkey because I'm part Syrian, and it's not the best place to be right now. I kinda wanna stop by Oslo for a bit to visit and old friend, but it's not really to high on my list.
>>
>>1108750
I'll probably end up staying a bit longer than 12 nights since I can drag my funds out a bit more since I can stay with friends and family in Bulgaria, Italy, and Spain. I'd have a place to stay in Oslo, too, but from what I know it's pretty expensive and kinda far from all my other destinations too. I wanted to do Helsinki, so if that goes through, I may as well just swing by Norway
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.