[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving to Colorado, need advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: co-largeflag.png (22 KB, 825x550) Image search: [Google]
co-largeflag.png
22 KB, 825x550
Me and my friend are planning on moving to Colorado by the end of July this year.

If there are any locals here I would greatly appreciate some pointers on looking for a good spot to live in. We would like to be in a suburban or even more rural area but within a reasonable driving distance to Denver. Some areas that I've been told to look at are Alma, Evergreen, Conifer, Superior, and I have a friend in Crested Butte who might be able to get me a job.
>>
>>1104368
As bad as it can get with the homeless in most major cities in America I've never been to anywhere else in America where such a large percentage of the population just looked poor (not homeless) when I was in Denver. You go inside a place and its nice, but you walk around the city and everyone outside of it just looks so poor
>>
>>1104368
prepar for the cost of living and what you should be ecpexted to pay. have enough money to last till you get a job and finally hope your not banking on a mmj job that is about 2 years late to the party. if that is the case just grow from current location unless surrounding state.
>>
Fuck off we're full.
>>
>>1104995

I'm preparing to have at least 4-5 grand saved up for when I move, and hopefully I can get a job and a place lined up. I'm not even going to try and get into the cannabis business right off the bat. I mean I would love too but I realize how many thousands of people are all trying to do the same thing at once.

>>1104996

You mad?
>>
>>1104996
>colorado """"""natives""""""

Disgusting
>>
bumpity bump
>>
>>1104996
A lot of people that say this aren't even born in Colorado lol.
>>
>>1108320
Sounds like the tools from Cali who move to Washington and act like they're locals after 3 months.
>>
OP there is a great thread on /out/ about denver and the front range.
>>
>>1104368

I've lived here going on 3 years. It's expensive, but nice. Expect to pay 900-1300 for a one bedroom apartment in Denver, 1600 or so for a two bedroom.

If you want to rent a house, you'll pay an application fee of around 50-100 bucks, they'll do a credit and employment check, and they won't even consider you if you aren't there in person. A lot require 1st and last months rent plus security deposit.

There are definitely exceptions and I have friends who pay 300 per month, but those situations aren't easy to find.

Menial jobs are relatively easy to come by, but well paying jobs or professional positions generally have a lot of applicants and are pretty competitive. The weed business isn't a huge money maker unless you're the owner. It's about the same as any other unskilled labor industry, and a few friends I have in it have moved on because it didn't pay the bills.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.