[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frenchie here. I'm going to visit my sister who's moving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: HL-Montreal-Winter-Evening.jpg (144 KB, 1400x654) Image search: [Google]
HL-Montreal-Winter-Evening.jpg
144 KB, 1400x654
Frenchie here. I'm going to visit my sister who's moving to Montréal. I'm going to move at the end of January because it's the only moment i'm free.
So far i can find flights for 650€ to go from Genova to Canada. Is it a decent price ?
Also some guys told me i should not travel there for the winter because "it would be too cold for me". Is it true ? I live in the Alps some i'm used to live with -15°/-20° and snow everywhere in winter.

Also any places to recommand ? I'm planning to stay 2/3 weeks in Canada.
>>
that's a decent price but youu can probably find cheaper if you search around a little more. I used to find flights from London to the central US for between 500-550 euro, but maybe flights from Genova are more expensive since it's a smaller airport. Wait until September before you buy the tickets, anyway; there's no reason to buy 10 months in advance.
It can get a lot colder than -20 in montreal, but it'll definitely be a picturesque time to visit.
>>
If you really want the cheapest flight, check out Wow air. Montreal to Reyjavik for $100, and then a lot of connecting flights to Europe for $150.

It wont be too cold for you. There's an off chance it could be -40 or something, but nobody does anything when it's that cold outside anyways. Below -20, things don''t usually seem much colder. There's no humidity, so you don't get as cold.
>>
Hey OP, I'm French too.
I subscribed to Air France's deal.
You can get direct flight from Paris to Montreal for around 550-650 euros, if you book it at least 40 days before. Just wait for the special deals. It happens at least once every 2 months.
>>
MTL native here

I feel like you're wasting your trip visiting in the winter. Montreal really shuts down when its frigid.
>>
>>1099084
So when is the time to visit ?
>>
>>1099029
>There's no humidity, so you don't get as cold.
Wew lad, you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>1099084

I disagree. You might shut down and live like a hermit in the winter, but most people just dress warmer and don't stop living.

Go to Igloofest in January for an example of what I'm talking about. In my opinion the nightlife is generally better during the cold months because people who go out actually want to go out. Weather is a good filter (you're probably on the wrong side of the filter, sorry).

Montreal native here too.

OP: Go whenever is convenient. I personally don't like March/April because it's melting outside and everything is dirty or dusty. Any other time is fine. Feel free to ask if you have other questions.
>>
>>1098934
When are you going to Montreal? Not a Frenchie but a 'Murican, but I am going to Montreal in Late June for a week and a half just in time for Canada Day
>>
>>1099482
Whoops, didn't realize you wanted to go in the winter time
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.