[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /trv/, I am Brazilian and I and some friends are going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 138353315587.png (336 KB, 997x1244) Image search: [Google]
138353315587.png
336 KB, 997x1244
Sup /trv/, I am Brazilian and I and some friends are going to travel to the US, actually we do something crazy, we will drive from Orlando to Seattle. We chose the path south straight to San Francisco first, but beyond the Grand Canyon we do not know many "cool places" this way, you would suggestions of places to eat, visit, or just sit and watch the scenery?
I search some blogs, but I have nothing concrete or that really cool.
Also, if you have any tips on where to go or do not, is welcome.
>>
>>1097733
This is kinda vague. There's beauty every inch of the Pacific coast, especially the Oregon coast. As for eating.. In-n-out is the best fast food once you make it West. I can't speak for the rest of the country but if I had the motivation I could go into a lot of fucking detail on Cali/Oregon/Washington
>>
File: road+otel.jpg (108 KB, 902x426) Image search: [Google]
road+otel.jpg
108 KB, 902x426
>>1097742
We, maybe, would take this rote, but we can change. We want some place to drink and eat well, and nice places to just seat and relax, one of my friends are almost dying by the cancer and he wanna just relax with us.
>>
>>1097746
This route sucks. When you're in Oregon you want to drove ON the coast. Trust me. Stop in Mt Shasta, it's an interesting hippie area. Also in Washington go to My Rainier national park
>>
>>1097748
Drive* Mt*
>>
>>1097746
This is just a personal recommendation but in oregon I would try to go to the Tillamook cheese factory. Pretty large facility where you see cheese packaging and such, not too exciting sounding but, they are the local masters of dairy, even in where I am in east washington. You also get to eat the products which is an extra bonus. Be warned though, if you go on a weekend/break, expect it to be very busy. Newport is also a great tourist city to check out.
>>
>>1097748
Sure we'll! Thank you, Did you have any recommendations to go on the route between Tennessee and Arizona?
>>
>>1097765
Sadly I'm not too familiar with this part of the country. I will have to say that Houston Texas is supposed to be a great place for younger people with a shit load of quality food, from what I hear.
>>
>>1097763
I'm pretty sure that cheese is always a good thing, thank you,

>>1097766
That's ok, thank you very much, I'll look for some thing in Houston so.
>>
If possible, go thru Utah to visit canyonland +arches/zion. They have some spectacular views and great camp grounds to stay at night.

And I think the view from canyonland is even better than grand Canyon
>>
>>1097780
It maybe an option, but we'll stay only 10 days on road, and Jack Daniel's Distillery and San Francisco are the only that we can not change.
I'm just a little worried about the way between Houston and Arizona, it seems that there is nothing interesting in this way. But I will discuss with them about Cranyonland, although it seems that we will not have time.
>>
>>1097746
Visit Carlsbad Caverns and Whitesands in New Mexico. And when you're in Albuquerque get some Dions pizza with green chile, or eat at a legit Mexican place like Taqueria Mexico, which is on Lomas. They have really good burritos there.
>>
>>1097733
I live in Orlando, not sure how long you are planning on staying but stick close to the airport and the "real" downtown if you go down there. The whole airport area is pretty decent, but once are in Orlando proper and start seeing houses there's a 90% chance you're in a bad part of town.

Apart from that, good luck and enjoy the trip
>>
>>1097785
Goddammit, these White dunes appear to be most certainly will! Thank you!

>>1097787
In fact we have a friend in Orlando and one in Seattle, so we're doing this crazy way. Thank you!
>>
>>1097789
If you do go to Southern New Mexico to see white sands (Carlsbad cavern is pretty close to there too), go to San Antonio New Mexico and visit the Buckhorn restaurant, they have the best burgers in the state. Get green chile on your burgers.
>>
>>1097791
Most likely could not let this pass.
Some cool city with nice things between Houston and New Mexico?
>>
File: trip.jpg (239 KB, 1013x627) Image search: [Google]
trip.jpg
239 KB, 1013x627
>>1097792
Also, our trip is looking like this.
>>
>>1097763
>where I am in east washington
How well's the meth shed producing, bro?
>>
>>1097746
Too much California. New Mexico and Arizona are full hicks. From Texas, I'd head northwest. Colorado, Utah and southern Idaho have some fucking jaw-droppingly gorgeous scenery. They're all fly-over states, culturally not much going on, but the Rockies, foothills and high plains and such are awesome for driving. Too bad you're not on motorbikes. Or from Texas, head to Northern California, check out some giant trees, then go north.

Spend as little time as possible in Arkansas and Oklahoma.
>>
>>1097793
Im from about an hour and a half north of san francisco. Its sonoma county and there are lots of great things to do and see. Make sure to drive out on highway 1 and see the coast. Its an awesome drive through Bodega bay and north from there. Also, you can go see some of the biggest trees in the world at Armstrong redwood national park, I highly recommend it
>>
>>1097819
And if you want to take the more scenic route on the coast instead of taking the freeway, Bodega bay to Ft Bragg is a nice stretch of coastline
>>
how long do you have (because your current itirerary is at least 8-10 days of only driving, no sightseeing included)
how many people are you going to split driving time with (limiting factor on how long "big push" driving days can be, especially consecutive ones)
what time of year are you going (because summer in the southwest runs 110-120 degrees f)?

re: route, coming from /out/ i recommend (depending on time of year and time budget) after the grand canyon turn north on 395 and go up the owens valley along the eastern sierra escarpment, then turn west on 120 through yosemite (heads up-camping there is already full) towards san francisco, from sf run north along the coast, then cut inland for lassen and crater lake
>>
>>1097897
>jeffery hicks

what the fuck is that about? i didn't namefag
>>
>>1097898
fucking april fools
>>
>>1097897
We'r going next month, actually we can't spend more than 10 days in the road, 3 drivers, and i really don't think that the heat will be great problems, we haved get some places like that last year.
>>
>>1097900
With only 10 days, I would really cut the trip shorter... if pure scenery whizzing by as you drive is what you want (and that's all you can hope for), you'll have to avoid the main highways, as you're only go to see trucks and sound-barriers. You will get no relaxed sight-seeing. Maybe you're OK with that, but personally I don't understand it at all... It's like dipping your toe in a pool and saying you went swimming.

>Brazilians
>Orlando
why am I not fucking surprised... Disney is for kids, you know that right?
>>
>>1098262
>>Brazilians
>>Orlando
>why am I not fucking surprised... Disney is for kids, you know that right?
You don't know what you're talking about. These are simply less expensive gateway international airports from Brazil. More than 30% of all tourists that land in Florida now are from this one single country now. Everyone that lands in JFK now isn't actually going to see the Statue of Liberty. It's a hub for Brazilian airlines now. Nearly every carrier has multiple nonstops a day from Brazil there, to the point, Delta has added nonstops too that do not use Delta hubs.

OP, I would not pick up the rental in Florida, if your aim is West pursuits. Connect to Chicago, Denver, St. Louis, Phoenix, even Seattle, and get a car there. There's just too much not to see to cross transcontinental in the US. Maybe pick up Route 66 in Chicago?
>>
>>1097900
>next month
weather will be fine.

>10 days
ouch. you have about 60 hours of driving to get from orlando to seattle.

if you're already locked into that (plane tickets, car rental, etc) i recommend just grinding out orlando to flagstaff the first 3 days. that'll be 10+ hours per day in the car right off the bat, but broken into 3 shifts won't kill you, and then you'll have 7 days to make it from there to seattle, which'll give you time to spend at the grand canyon, san francisco, yosemite, whetever.
>>
>>1097746
>skipping new orleans
Are you fucking crazy? New Orleans has some of the best food in America, and once you're not in Louisiana anymore you'll never see it again. Eat some gumbo, Jumbalaya, boiled crawfish, grilled alligator, and bignets and drink a sazerac.
>>
>>1098409
Echoing this guy - New Orleans is terrific.
>>
File: Kuruminha facepalm.png (65 KB, 274x364) Image search: [Google]
Kuruminha facepalm.png
65 KB, 274x364
>>1098262
One friend of mine went to Orlando in his honey moon, in his first international trip. I thought "Ok, it was his wife idea". Two years later he made his second international trip, destination: Orlando, again.
And the guy is 30 years old.

I bet which country they will chose when they have kids.
>>
>>1097793
why do you need tennessee again?
>>
File: SD.jpg (871 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
SD.jpg
871 KB, 849x565
>>1097746
>Not stopping to visit San Diego
ya blew it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.