[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critique my 15 day itinerary in Europe (UK, France, Spain, Italy)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Europe.gif (25 KB, 377x290) Image search: [Google]
Europe.gif
25 KB, 377x290
My GF and I are traveling to Europe for 15 days in July. Could anyone critique our itinerary? Am I allowing enough time to each city or too long? Any critique is welcome! We want to see all the typical sights, eat/drink everything, party at night.

LA -> London by 12 hr flight
London: 3 days/nights
London -> Paris: 2.5 hr by transit
Paris: 3 days/nights
Paris -> Madrid: 2.5 hr flight
Madrid: 3 days/nights
Madrid -> Barcelona: 2.5 hr by transit
Barcelona: 3 days/2 nights
Barcelona -> Rome: 2.5 hr flight
Rome: 2 days/nights
Rome -> Venice: 4 hr by transit
Venice: 2 days/nights
Venice -> LA
>>
>>1097343
>choose one of Barcalona/Madrid and go to Amsterdam or Porto instead
>I'd go to Florence instead of Rome unless you're a christian and want to visit the Vatican.
>by 'transit', do you mean train ?
>>
File: 63265363.jpg (8 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
63265363.jpg
8 KB, 250x194
>>1097343
>Gif
>Doesnt move
>>
u should spend at least a month in every country unless u wont see anything
>>
With only two or three days in cities like London or Paris you're probably not going to be able to really experience them. I could imagine that every huge European city feels the same when you only spend 2 days in it
>>
>>1097343
Personally I think 6 days London and Paris are too long. You are going to be exhausted. Those cities are crowded with tourists, especially in July. Also Madrid and Barcelona are very hot this time of the year. Maybe skip one (would skip Madrid) and go for Vienna, Munich, Copenhagen, Stockholm after visiting London and Paris.
>>
>>1097351
>>1097364
>>1097374
From OPs post seems they are casuals, they wont really care which place they are in..
>>
Skip Spain. Madrid in july is hot like a oven. Spend more time in England or France and visit at least one of their wonderful castles.
>>
>>1097343
In my opinion, it's way too much for 15 days. Sure, you'll check sights off your list, but you have to ask yourself what's really the point of the list? Just to say you saw the Coliseum or the Eiffel Tower? Will anyone care if you don't see them? Will your life be better having seen them?

The value I get from traveling is experiencing another way of life. I can take from that experience lots of helpful ideas and attitudes that can help me later in life. In order to experience that way of life, you need more than a few hours with it (which is what you'll be getting with 2 days when you factor in transportation time, time spent alone at these sights, time sleeping, time eating by yourselves, etc). So to that end, if it were me, I would bring it down to just 2 places. I'd pick Barcelona, Paris, or Rome in descending order of preference. Venice is ok to visit for a day because there's not much to see in such a short time. Barcelona is going to be hot, but personally I don't mind the heat and if you're coming from LA then you should be used to some level of heat.

That much traveling looks totally fine on paper and in your mind, but on the ground it's going to get exhausting quickly. The anxiety of only having a couple hours here and a couple hours there kind of kills the experience.
>>
I don't know why everyone is saying Barcelona is going to be hot even in the middle of the summer. Summer in Barcelona is gorgeous weather most of the time. You'll get up to like 80 and it cools down to the high 60s in the evenings. If you're from LA it'll feel very familiar.
>>
>>1097807
Well, in summer there are a couple of weeks really hot and humid in bcn. It depends on how lucky you are really, if you get one of those even in your underwear you'll feel sticky and wet
>>
Don't underestimate how long it takes to arrive at a destination, find your hotel, check in, get your bearings, and then plan what you're going to do. It's usually a couple hours for me, plus the time it takes to get food. Don't skimp on food either, it's arguably one of the best reasons for traveling and a bit of research and extra time goes a long way too. That's a pretty unforgiving itinerary, and in big cities like London you could literally spend the whole two weeks there and not get bored.
>>
>>1097962
>Don't underestimate how long it takes to arrive at a destination, find your hotel, check in, get your bearings, and then plan what you're going to do.
This. A late train, line in immigration, waits fro transfers from airports to city centers....can eat an entire day, and and that 2.5hr thing is now a whole day. And museum times can be restrictive in the travel days, 10 to 5ish.

I get why you're breezing through cities fast, makes your most expensive hotel costs shorter, but I also think you're putting too much in that is far apart. I'd skip Spain, too, and hit up a couple more stops in Italy instead. If the goal is to do as much as possible in that number of days, should take a look at the bargain cruise prices right now.
>>
I'd drop Venice and Barca, and add extra days to each of the other cities. Seriously, you're going to miss out on some great sights and tire yourselves out on your current schedule.

I spent five days solid in Rome and could still go back.
>>
>>1098062
Barça is the football team. Please call the city Barcelona, Barna or bcn
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.