[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people need to take selfies while traveling? Is everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: wfoltyxosymyiqbrnnhj.jpg (64 KB, 768x810) Image search: [Google]
wfoltyxosymyiqbrnnhj.jpg
64 KB, 768x810
Why do people need to take selfies while traveling? Is everyone really so conceited nowadays that they need their daily affirmation via social media? It seems more prevalent while traveling.

Pic most certainly related.
>>
People take selfies everyday regardless of travel. Traveling has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>1096648
Why the fuck do you care what sort of pictures other people take? Are you just looking for things to be bothered about? Relax and quit being upset by nothing.

>If you don't like selfies, don't take any.
>>
File: Fresh nigger.jpg (102 KB, 313x417) Image search: [Google]
Fresh nigger.jpg
102 KB, 313x417
>>1096648
It's fucking embarrassing and cringe worthy, isn't it? Will your internet friends not believe that you've traveled somewhere unless you have photographic evidence?

In the Vatican, moronic tourists would spend two seconds looking at a piece of art that probably took decades to finish, snap a selfie, and then move on to the next one so they could get to McDonalds before closing time. No appreciation of what they were looking at whatsoever. Why bother traveling in that case?
>>
>>1096648
I don't have autism so this doesn't bother me no worse than all the inspired artists with professional grade lenses and SLR cameras.
>>
>>1096674
Why would you travel all that way and, surrounded by great art, fret about somebody else's photo habits?
>>
File: SelfieFag.jpg (78 KB, 535x533) Image search: [Google]
SelfieFag.jpg
78 KB, 535x533
>>1096678
Because if all the idiots who are uninterested in art didn't clog up the hallways, then I could appreciate the artwork in peace. You seem to be butthurt by my opinion though. Hitting a little to close to home?
>>
The amount of effort these selfie fags put into taking pictures of themselves while traveling is astonishing. It's like the whole purpose of their trip is to take pics of themselves...which they could do at home.

http://mylifesamovie.com/10-tips-for-taking-a-solo-travel-selfie/
>>
>>1096674
>In the Vatican, moronic tourists would spend two seconds looking at a piece of art that probably took decades to finish, snap a selfie, and then move on to the next one so they could get to McDonalds before closing time. No appreciation of what they were looking at whatsoever. Why bother traveling in that case?
That's a lot of judgement from a real traveler like you. Just how long do you think the people behind you want you to stand in front of La Pieta staring at the folds in the fabric. After 15000 works of art, you take your little memory making shot, and you move on. Only something personally meaningful gets 15 minutes of staring, geesh. As far as McDonalds goes, I don't make a meal out of it, but in some busy cities as a traveler, you can count on bathrooms and a refreshment without needing to buy the bathroom visit. Who cares if people occasionally want a fast coffee or small snack to tide them over, and pop into a mcdonalds, really, Sometimes you get want to see that weird thing only that countries does. I had a bubble tea in Vienna of all places (had just had a coffee outside, but they had a lovely cafe with pastries nonetheless, as did the Prague locale (with clean bathrooms), passionfruit-mango sundae in Cusco, McLobster in Yarmouth, hrm what else, oh spam breakfast in Honolulu, oh, and there's fun items in Israel, but certainly not like fresher choices :P
>>
guy on left looks like he's carrying a bomb

surprised he made it thru airport security
>>
File: 1458950261148.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1458950261148.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>1096690
>mylifesamovie.com
Kill me now.
>>
>I've finally made it to somewhere I've always wanted to see
>better not take any pictures of myself in/with said place

People have the means to take pictures themselves these days, instead of handing their disposable camera to another person and asking them. This isn't a new thing OP.
You are literally retarded.
>>
>>1096648
But that's not even a selfie
>>
http://www.sott.net/article/313177-The-cult-of-ignorance-in-the-United-States-Anti-intellectualism-and-the-dumbing-down-of-America

This basically sums up where society is headed. Selfies are just a part of this.
>>
I want nudes of the guy on the right.
>>
Selfies in Auschwitz.
>>
File: laughing.gif (295 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
laughing.gif
295 KB, 700x704
>>1096648
cause people like to keep memories, and look back on were they used to be and what they have done in their life.
Op r u autistic, or really depressed that you cant travel? kek
>>
>>1096674
McDonald's aren't 24 hours in Italia? What a shithole.
>>
I don't take selfies because I'm butt ugly and I take out my frustrations on people who don't have crippling anxiety.
>>
>>1096705
>can't tell if joking but
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/europe/hijacked-egypt-air-jet/
>>
>>1096648
>Why do people need to take selfies while traveling?
If I was in his shoes, I'd have done exactly the same thing. Aside from being the most epic (not-)selfie ever, you could then msg that pic to authorities and they can have some intel on what device is inside (like if it's a fake bomb belt).
>>
>>1096821
From a photographic point of view having someone else take a picture of you - while giving a few dead simple friendly pointers in the form of requests - will result in far less atrocious pictures.

Admittedly, I've taken a handful of selfies too - when the nearest human being was several kilometers away. One those few occasions where I'd like to have a picture of myself, I'll just ask someone else if that's at all possible.
>>
>>1096648
this is not a selfie
>>
>>1096648
That old man looks so harmless ;_;
>>
women are the worst

they take more photos of themselves than the beautiful landmark/landscape they're visiting

despise women
>>
>>1096648
>pic no related dumbass

Who cares man. People have been taking there own pictures before selfies became a thing. Now it's just cheaper and easier to take your own pictures. It just seems you're socially awkward to take selfies. Most likely too ugly and don't want people to judge you.

I try to take a few snaps per day just so I can later look at and it than brings forth all the memories. Take too much and you're missing out on the trip. Try too hard to take the perfect picture and you will be missing out on the travel or mentally not be there.
>>
>>1096648
a) that's not a selfie, a selfie is a person taking a picture of themselves. This is just a picture of 2 people, also known as "a picture".

b) that's a hilarious picture and I would have done the same thing. I mean why not? Is it disrespectful to the victims even if it's a victim doing it? If you might be blown up anyway, fuck it, have some fun with it.
>>
File: 1458752636703.jpg (10 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
1458752636703.jpg
10 KB, 266x189
>>1097056
>>
>harmless things people do that incessantly bother me to the point where I've lost sleep, and so I get up and make a thread of this awful degeneracy.

Take a breath and move on senpai. It's not that serious.
>>
>>1096648
Photos that don't feature me, friends, family, or people I've met on my travels are about as exciting to look at as photos from google image. The only pictures I like to look at feature me or people I know or the photos that give context to those photos.
>>
>>1096648
Because the last time I went traveling and took pictures that I wasn't in my mom said, "These are great, but why don't you have any with you in them?!"

Now I take selfies.

What's the big deal, and what does any of this have to with "affirmation"?
>>
I just use selfies as an excuse to smell girls hair
>>
File: 1448507384283.png (9 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1448507384283.png
9 KB, 493x402
>>1097847
>>
>>1097696
This pretty much. As long as it doesn't impede or affect your vacation. Don't let it get into your head so much.
>>
>>1097887
kek
>>
>>1096674
>Will your internet friends not believe that you've traveled somewhere unless you have photographic evidence?

No. Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
File: Lapislazuliphoto-500x299.jpg (56 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
Lapislazuliphoto-500x299.jpg
56 KB, 500x299
i went too far anti photo for awhile, now there is a 5 year span of my life where I have no photos, feels kind of sad when I see other peoples photos.
but still the whole pic related pisses me off. YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO WATCH THAT AGAIN.
The whole rock concert with everyone with their phone out instead of in the moment.
Limit your photos to a few nice memories. Don't walk around staring through your phone.
>>1098401
>internet friends
>internet
>frineds
pic one
>>
>>1096648
I unironically think there is nothing wrong with taking selfies while traveling. I didn't do it as much, but my new friends I made wanted to take selfies. Why not, I'm probably never going to see them again or not for a while.
>>
>>1097056
>>1097103
>hello /r9k/
>>
>>1096648
This non-selfie picture actually makes a bit of sense, even if it was a selfie.
I'm not sure what kind of information the passengers had about that whole indecent while it was going on. But if that was an actual bomb and he set it off, then that passenger just provided a very clear picture for identifying the wouldbe terrorist. Something that could have most likely been uploaded to one of the many clouds right after it was taken.

Of course I doubt that's the reason he wanted that picture.
>>
>>1096665
If people die taking selfies, obstruct your serene view taking selfies and just generally mess up the atmosphere then yes, he can comment about this.

He wasn't even raving, he was asking a question.
>>
>>1096648
I have seen people taking selfies in McDonalds.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.