[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: Film0095_06a.jpg (2 MB, 2048x3089) Image search: [Google]
Film0095_06a.jpg
2 MB, 2048x3089
New Japan General:

As always, feel free to ask about:
>Traveling to Japan
>Living in Japan
>Teaching in Japan
>Joining the Yakuza
>Getting your wee fantasies crushed

*Info on prostitution*
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net/

*Note about the JR Rail Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.

>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Please check the /trv/ sticky before asking questions. It's filled with links to great resources, many of them specific to Japan travel.

Please refer to the old thread while it's still up: >>1093680
>>
What store has the best 3dpd nudie mags in tokyo
>>
>>1096439
Generally, convenience stores.
>>
>>1096417
Them why didn't you use metric system?

Anyway I'm 1.7m 80kg and I'm near the border of the Japanese sizes. Clothes for me are LL and it goes up to LLL on normal stores. Maybe you can try using LLL or you can try the stores for foreigners selling american sizes but I imagine they will be considerably more expensive than in USA. I don't know how that would compare to your prices.
>>
Planning on going to Japan this July. It'll be our second time, last year we went for a week and did a lot of shrines and shopping and a lot of tame stuff.

We wanted to see the weirder funny side of Japan. Think robot restaurant and Kagaya restaurant. Anything worth having a look at? We're not weeaboos.
>>
>>1096442
Options there seems More Limited since i was there last time
>>
>>1096450
Yes we are.
>>
i know perfect english, german and russian, currently learning japanese, im finishing physics bachelor in a year ( in germany ) and i've been thinking about whether i should get a tourist visa to japan for a month and try to find something there to settle down, whether its teaching languages or university/science related job or continuing into master degree at japanese university, the latter is the least attractive option for me as its a further time/money sink. So far i still don't have a distinct specialization, but im considering branching out into environmental/earth science subjects for the next year. Any advices or thoughts?
>>
>>1096473
searching for employment on a tourist visa is illegal and if you get caught, they'll probably deport you and deny you entry for a couple of years
>>
>>1096474
what about student visa? is there any other way?
>>
File: 1452538987367.jpg (29 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
1452538987367.jpg
29 KB, 500x330
Anyone form the Netherlands here who went to Japan and brought hentai/dōjinshi back? Were you checked at the customs? Is it legal in the Netherlands? What are some tips to not getting caught?
>>
>>1096477
Getting a visa that allows you to actually work in Japan would be a good start.
>>
>>1096477
work and holiday visa? Or try to find a job from abroad? Or just marry someone there
>>
>>1096487
>>1096488
but for work visa id need to find a job first from abroad and i thought id have better chances if i actually were there personally myself

marrying is a good option too i guess, but sounds kinda like a gamble to me.
>>
osaka or tokyo?
>>
Is there anyway for a foreigner to participate in a festival? i mean , dress up and actually do things in it, Not just walk around cheering

i assume you cannot unless you know somone/know perfect japanese
>>
>>1096495
I don't know what exactly you want to participate in, most Japanese just go there to eat and play games at the stall. If you go to a bon odori, you can dance with the crowd if you want to
>>
File: JET-programme-banner-2.png (33 KB, 804x477) Image search: [Google]
JET-programme-banner-2.png
33 KB, 804x477
Anyone here in the JET Program or at least applying for the JET Program? I'm waiting to hear my results back for my ALT application and it'd be cool to get in touch with fellow JETs, assuming I get hired.
>>
First for Tokyo is a meme city
>>
>>1096417
>>1096447
I can also chime in that I'm 180, 70kg and bought medium-large clothes without much issue. I'm very thin but still have fairly wide shoulders and thick arms. The shirts were quite "form fitting" but I prefer it that way, though it was difficult getting pants that didn't look a liittle bit short.

I mainly shopped in small stores around harajuku and at uniqlo
>>
>>1096473
If you're going for the long-con I'd try to get a job in japan working for a company where you're currently residing.

Since you're fairly highly educated and has a good language-specialization/angle I'd reckon that would be the easiest way. Otherwise I'd start contacting international firms based in Japan and applying for jobs.

You could also try universites/schools as a language teacher just to get that first work visa and then find something else when you're there.

Good luck
>>
>>1096523
thanks, i will also look into this JET thing, sounds like a good option as well
>>
where do I best meet other travelers?
Was thinking to stay in some capsul hotel closeby Shinjuku, but unsure if there's pub crawl or something similar. No idea where to stay in kyoto tho
>>
Flying there soon. I was planning on bringing a couple of bottles of wine for a friend, will that be a problem at customs?
>>
>>1096547
Guest house/hostel/large airbnb places
>>
>>1096641
yeah but which ones are good?
>>
>>1096642
Hostelworld, sort by rating, never led me wrong.
>>
>>1096623
It shouldn't be. I've brought bottles of wine as gifts before and I've never had an issue.

>>1096541
JET is ok, but it takes a damn long time. The application process is like a year. If you just want to work there as a teacher, research ALT companies and arrange interviews in person in Tokyo or where ever you want to live and work. Showing up in person for interviews rather than doing them online means you'll be put to the front of the list.
>>
>>1096547
Don't do the capsule hotels. Tourists always think it's going to be awesome, but it's not. It's meant for businessmen who missed their last train and literally just need a place to sleep in their clothes, they're not carrying more than a briefcase usually.

Instead of meeting other tourists, you should try and get in with the ex-pat community in Tokyo. It's big and fun as fuck. I've been away from Tokyo for too long to know where the scene meets up these days, but it's usually cool small bars that then turn into pub crawls, karaoke marathons, playing music in the park at night, stuff like that.
>>
>>1096660
Normie
>>
Do Japanese custom officers speak English proficiently?
>>
>>1096668
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>1096623
If I understood the on-board customs declaration card we got on the plane correctly, as a foreigner you're allowed to bring up to 4 bottles of alcoholic drinks. I might be wrong or misremember it, though.
>>
>>1096669
Depends I had a full conversation with one for a couple minutes. We compared photos of our daughters small talk etc
>>
>>1096669
In my experience, they do. One of the nicest moments I've ever had with a customs person was in Narita when I was coming back to Tokyo from a trip to Russia. I'm a white guy, but I have Japanese work visas in my passport.

The customs agent saw them, stamped, handed me my passport and said, "welcome home" with a smile. I never forgot it.
>>
>>1096495
Go to local tourist office of festival and ask they will hook you up if they can
>>
>>1096502
Wow you haven't heard yet? That's late
>>
>>1096660
I agree about capsule hotels but I can still advocate it for one night maybe as it's a unique Japan thing. They can be pretty comfy/cozy.

>>1096654
>JET is ok, but it takes a damn long time. The application process is like a year.

No it doesn't. The application process takes just several months. There are two big hiring period during the year.

>If you just want to work there as a teacher, research ALT companies and arrange interviews in person in Tokyo or where ever you want to live and work. Showing up in person for interviews rather than doing them online means you'll be put to the front of the list.

Ugh. This meme. This is POSSIBLE but it's so risky and not at all advisable unless you have a sizeable amount of savings to support yourself in the interim. This is for your time spent finding a job, your time spent waiting for visa processing, and then your time spent on your job before you get your first paycheck, which could be another further month or two.
>Showing up in person for interviews rather than doing them online means you'll be put to the front of the list.
Except not really, because the people in front of you if you are actually in Japan are people with experience and valid visas already.

Add this to the fact that JET pays significantly better than ALT dispatch companies anyway.
>>
>>1096701
Ok, 1 night as a novelty, fine. Just don't show up expecting to stay there every night and meet other travelers.
>>
>>1096706
I fully agree with this.
>>
>>1096502
>>1096684
Nevermind. I just got the results back today. I got rejected. Fuck my life.
>>
>>1096719
Check out the links in the ESL general. You have other options. Try ECC or something.
>>
>>1096728
I'll take a look, thanks.
>>
In terms of being a foreigner, what is the likelihood of ending up a date with a Japanese girl, especially being a temporary visitor? Or at least hanging out for drinks?

Of course, its based around confidence, but I am saying what is the type of expectation I should have when approaching women at a nightclub or a bar?
>>
>>1096735
How temporary? If you do Tinder or OKC before you arrive you probably have a decent chance of getting some kind of date.

>what is the type of expectation I should have when approaching women at a nightclub or a bar?

That you will be waved off/turned down, especially without any Japanese ability. You don't need Japanese to pull in Japan but it helps. Most Japanese girls are not interested in foreigners. Go to one of the locations of a chain of bars called HUB. They are vaguely British style pub themed bars and are frequented by foreigners and often the Japanese girls who like them.
>>
How to join JSDF? I have previous military experience (not US). Do they take in foreigners?
>>
>lets move!
>oh you want to send something, anything to the new place? $700-1000
>oh you want the cheapest option? $400
>oh you want to leave that apartment? $400-500
>move in to a new place? $2000-3000
>whats that? you dont have $5000 sitting around to spend on "just-because" charges that have no meaning? its nearly twice as much as your monthly income? too bad
> you have other bills and things to pay and need to eat this month? too bad
>dont like it? just leave japan lololol

Japan's good and all, but the whole real estate business can burn in fucking hell
>>
>>1096747
Dont be a poor english teacher. Anon , honey, there is a reason nobody likes english teachers. You guys are losers that will take a shitty low paying job to live in your grorious nippon. We all know you do.

Anyone else that moves to japan has the money to pay for those things , dont be salty that youre reaping what you sowed
>>
anyone here ever slept in kansai airport? my flight arrives past midnight and my hostel won't do a late check in, plus it's an hour commute from the airport.

i've googled it and read decent things, but i just wanted to know if any /trv/ anons have done it or if you have any ideas of what else i can do besides sleep til the morning
>>
>>1096751
wew lad
>>
>>1096751
>in japan
>must be an english teacher lololol
I know its 4chan and youre a meme-obsessed child but theres a point where it needs to stop and you need to start being mature
>>
>>1096764
Hes complaining about real estate.
If hes living in japan and buying property hes either
1.)living their as an english teacher
2.) hired on from an international company where his specific skill was needed in their japan branch

Its likely the first since hes complaing about $5000
A highly skilled worker in an international company wouldnt complain about such a small amount.
>>
>>1096764
> 4chan
> maturity
You can pnly pick one
>>
>>1096766

This

Fuck English teachers
>>
>>1096766
>If hes living in japan and buying property

He's not talking about buying property, He's talking about renting (specifically, moving to a new place). Rant and rave as much as you like, but the truth is -- for any income level -- renting in Japan can be a giant, expensive hassle. Japanese landlords are masters at demanding thousands of US$ in gift money, key money, cleaning fees, renewal fees, etc. It's anecdotal, I know, but one place I looked at seemed to have a reasonable US$1500 monthly rent but in reality cost over US$10,000 upfront to move in.
>>
I'm 19 and will be going to Japan like two weeks before I turn 20. Would they card me at a bar or a club to drink? If so how lax are they? I am 5'8, white, attractive and semi muscular if that makes any difference.
>>
>>1096719
Or just do like I said and apply to ALT agencies. They always need people and they pay is ok. You won't be living large, but if you supplement it by tutoring groups of adults outside of school then you can be comfortable.
>>
>>1096735
Go with friends, have a great time, the women who are interested in you will give you looks, maybe even approach you or buy you drinks. I've had all of that happen to me.

One girl just pushed me against the wall and started making out with me one time.

If you go there looking like you're prowling for pussy then its going to turn girls off quick. If you're just having an awesome time and enjoying everything, girls will want to be a part of the fun and that's how you get them interested. It's like the less you think about them, the more they insist on getting your attention.
>>
What's up with the crazy long line outside the Imperial Palace? I thought it was closer year-round (excepting those two special occasions)
>>
>>1096747
Well don't get an apartment the way Japanese people get apartments, duh. That system is fucked. There are agencies that rent to foreign people where you don't pay any key money and just place a refundable deposit, first month's rent, and that's it, you're in. You just gotta tell them 30 days in advance that you want to move out and you're free to go with your deposit returned (assuming you didnt wreck the place).
>>
>>1096776
Why fuck them?
I am currently considering it to take a year off between BA and MA.
>>
>>1096796
LOL, no. If this was truly cheaper, Japanese people would be using these agencies too.

>>1096811
Relax, it's a meme.
>>
>>1096812
No because Japanese people tend to get apartments to stay in for years and years so paying $5k in fees just to get in the door isn't so bad if you're planning to stay there for 10 years. This is for people who just want to live month to month and aren't planning to be there for more than a couple years at most.

Rent is about $600-$1000 per month depending on size and location. My apartment just outside Nakano was $650 per month. I paid something like $200 in fees to move in and after a year of living there and I got my original deposit back in full.
>>
>>1096811
Because you'll get a degree for the sole purpose of being paid very little ot teach people english so you can live in your "dream" country. Do you not see how pathetic this is?

it's like someone the london moving to canada to work in a gas station for the rest of their lives because canada is their dream country. Then wondering why people aren't astounded by them being their.
>>
>>1096823
Sorry, but your explanation still makes no sense.

$5000 over 10 years is $500/year, pretty significant if monthly rent is ~$1000 (which it probably would be if $5000 is the upfront move-in cost). $500/year is also pretty significant compared to average post-tax Japanese earnings.

Japanese tenants can do the math. If your deal was really better, they'd take it. Japanese landlords can do the math, too. Do you really think they're going to rent to a gaijin for less $ than they'd charge a Japanese?

Fact is, tenants in Japan pay one way or the other -- upfront money in exchange for a lower monthly rent, or no upfront money in exchange for a higher monthly rent. It's simple economics.
>>
File: 1451074457604.jpg (43 KB, 326x456) Image search: [Google]
1451074457604.jpg
43 KB, 326x456
>>1096828

Not to mention 75% of them are creepy, kid fiddling, sex tourists who constantly clog these threads looking for advice.

The ever present OP of these shit generals and the little prostitution link he includes just enables them.
>>
File: 1454786216711.png (97 KB, 362x492) Image search: [Google]
1454786216711.png
97 KB, 362x492
>>1096450

First, you have the Shikoku islands. This is where you can play Gundam Wing as much as you want.

You can go to Niigata and watch fantastic Pokemon opera there.

Go up to Hokkaido. They have arcades for MILES in Hokkaido.
>>
>>1096837
Bitter virgin-like typing detected.
>>
I was accepted into the JET Program. What can I expect?
>>
Being a fan of Initial D I'm thinking of taking a detour in my trip and visiting Gunma and Mount Haruna. I don't expect much to do, but is there anything particularly interesting in the region? One of my friends told me there are certain rental companies that let you rent the cars from the show.
>>
Do they treat Japanese born and raised in America, with no traces of Japanese culture in them, as they would the average hwhito foreigner or like some kind of race traitor? What about Chinese and Korean in similar circumstances?
>>
>>1096852
If you're Japanese born they will think of you as a long lost brother who has come home. Same with other asians until they find out that you're not japanese and then they'll treat you like shit. Harsh explanation but you get the point.
>>
>>1096852

you think too much. they will treat you just like anybody else (depending on whether you look asian or not), but if you tell them you were born there they will treat you better I feel.

people in these threads generalize japanese people way too much. I just came from a 3 week trip to Japan and most of the stuff here is ridicilous. Also I feel disgusted by the amount of people in these threads looking for Japanese/asian women and treating them like they are easier than other women in the world.
Fuck you.
>>
>>1096854
>If you're Japanese born they will think of you as a long lost brother who has come home

Wrong.

>>1096855
>they will treat you just like anybody else
And wrong.

If anon wasn't born in Japan, doesn't speak Japanese, etc. he will not be considered to be Japanese (in Japan). He does not belong to the Japanese group because culturally he is not Japanese. But he isn't white, either, and his not-Japanese not-white identity will confuse a lot of people. Japanese don't deal with confusion (things outside the norm) very well. In the end Anon will probably be treated as a second-class American, but at any rate that's better than being Korean or Chinese.

>I just came from a 3 week trip to Japan

Well then, I suppose we should all bow down to your superior expertise. 3 weeks is more than enough to learn everything there is to know about another country.
>>
>>1096746
>One of the most nationalistic countries in the world
>their fucking army
>do they accept foreigners?
>>
>>1096862
I guess I have to settle with joining the Yakuza.
>>
>>1096855
>Also I feel disgusted by the amount of people in these threads looking for Japanese/asian women and treating them like they are easier than other women in the world.

Couldn't get laid, huh?
>>
Hey anons im traveling to japan soon. do you think 65k yen could make it to eat and transport for 2 weeks ?
>>
File: 48478886.jpg (64 KB, 840x460) Image search: [Google]
48478886.jpg
64 KB, 840x460
>>1096874

Yes, without knowing specifics, I'd say spend $20/day or less on food and get a one week JR pass.

Arrival city+surrounding area: 4 days
JR pass(Expensive long distance rides between cities/regions): 7 days
Departure city+surrounding area: 3 days
>>
File: 1459110003588.png (897 KB, 1778x1992) Image search: [Google]
1459110003588.png
897 KB, 1778x1992
>>1096845
>>1096872
>>
>>1096872

three times, my point is that people in these threads are the generic desperate white men who treat the women there like shit.
and they are exactly the reason some japanese are racist towards you.
>>
well. im going to stay there with a friend desu. ill just use the 65k for food and transport. me and my friend are going to split in food, she works there. im from mexico and ill go in june. what do you recommend go with dollars in cash and change them there or what else ?
>>
>>1096757
yes, if you're early enough you might get a blanket

There's an airport lounge that's kind of like a manga cafe where you can rent a cubicle for the night and they also have showers

Other than that there's 24 hours conbini and McDonald's as far as I remember
>>1096784
90% of the time they won't
>>1096852
they'll try to speak Japanese to you always and you'll have to explain that you don't speak it (assuming you don't)
>>
Narita Airport 9/04

TRAVEL VIA TRAIN

Yokohama 9/04 CHECK INTO HOTEL
Yokohama 10/04 CHECK OUT

EARLY MORNING TRAVEL VIA TRAIN

Tokyo 10/04 CHECK IN LEAVE LUGGAGE

MORNING TRAVEL VIA TRAIN

Gala Yuzawa Snow Resort 10/04 GET HERE BY 12PM
10/04 BOOK Ski lessons, Ski pass and Equipment

EVENING TRAVEL VIA 5:50PM TRAIN

Tokyo 10/04
SLEEP

TRAVEL VIA EARLY MORNING TRAIN

Kanazawa 11/04 CHECK IN
11/04 Explore town
TRAVEL VIA 8:10AM NOUHI BUS BOOK Nouhi Bus
12/04 CHECK OUT LEVE LUGGAGE Ogimachi Village
TRAVEL VIA 4:25PM NOUHI BUS BOOK Nouhi Bus

TRAVEL VIA 9PM TRAIN ARRIVE TOKYO 11:30PM

Tokyo 12/04 CHECK IN

FLY TO SAPPORO EARLY MORNING

SAPPORO 13/04
13/04 TRAVEL VIA BUS TO FURANO SKI RESORT
_ BOOK BUS
_ BOOK 3 hour ski pass, ski equipment

TRAVEL VIA 3:50PM TRAIN TO SAPPORO

SAPPORO 13/04 CHECK IN 2 NIGHTS
>>
SAPPORO 14/04
14/04 Ainu Museum & Onsen
15/04 Mountain hiking

FLY TO KOBE 7:30PM FLIGHT

Kobe 15/04 CHECK IN 1 Night
16/04 Explore

16/04 TRAVEL VIA TRAIN OKAYAMA

Okayama 16/04 CHECK IN 1 Night
17/04 Art Island BOOK ferry, Tickets to Island

17/04 TRAVEL VIA TRAIN HIROSHIMA

Hiroshima 17/04 CHECK IN 1 NIGHT
18/04 CHECK OUT BOOK Mazda Museum/ Explore

18/04 TRAVEL VIA TRAIN FUKUOKA 7PM

FUKUOKA 18/04 CHECK IN 1 night
19/04 CHECK OUT LEAVE BAGS
19/04 DAY TRIP NAGASAKI VIA EARLY MORNING TRAIN
19/04 TRAIN BACK TO FUKOKA 4PM ARRIVE 6PM

19/04 FLY TO OKINAWA 8PM FLIGHT

OKINAWA 19/04 CHECK IN 1 night
20/04 explore

20/04 Evening FLY TO OSAKA 8pm FLIGHT

Osaka CHECK IN 20/04
21/04 explre

21/04 evening train to kyoto

21/04 kyoto CHECK IN
22/04 Explore
23/04 Explore
24/04 Explore

25/04 train tokyo airport

What do you think of my itinerary?
>>
>>1096885
>>1096886
So much projecting, so many assumptions. A poor imagination really is the crutch of the weak-minded.

>they are exactly the reason some japanese are racist towards you.

But not toward you, oh enlightened multi-culti warrior? LOL. Japanese who are racist, are racist toward all non-Japanese. The behavior of some of the anons ITT (which is probably exaggerated anyway) has nothing to do with it.

>>1096919
>>1096920
>What do you think of my itinerary?

tl;dr
>>
>>1096919
>>1096920
Hate to break it to you but nobody cares. If you don't have any concrete questions or need help, why even post it? For reassurance that you're doing the right thing?
Also to;dr
>>
Gyms in Japan/Tokyo? How to stay fit while in glorious nipponland?
>>
>>1096943
>Gyms in Japan/Tokyo? How to stay fit while in glorious nipponland?
Plenty of low cost gyms around. Just take a big stroll in your neighbourhood and you are bound to find a few
>>
>>1096943
Yeah, they're plentiful. Tipness is a big chain usually located right next to stations. They also have Anytime Fitness in Japan. Tipness is expensive though, but it's got a jaccuzi and stuff. Anytime is reasonable, like 6,000yen a month.
>>
>>1096660
> Tourists always think it's going to be awesome, but it's not

well I wanted to do them because I'm a cheappass & it's in shinjuku area. Not sure if I could go out in another area
>>
I have 4 hours in Shinjuku west (electronic district).
What are the must do/see (beside bookoff and yodobashi camera)?
>>
Going to Japan for the first time in two weeks, for nearly two weeks. It was a very late snap decision (gotta get some distance to work), but made easier since I'll be going with my brother and his two friends part of the way. I'll go solo to Kyoto, and have to figure out whether to finally take the jump into a dorm, or just go for the good old single room anti-social bliss.

Related to the previous, I like to run even when travelling. Does it impact my decision on where to stay? I.e., is running in parks even an option, or should I try to book a place a little off the beaten path when in Kyoto to actually stretch the old legs a little?

This may be a stupid question, but I haven't traveled much. I fucked up in Cambridge (though I could always follow the river there), but lucked out with Lille with the park around the Citadel.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 500x346
>>1097062
Just run on parks or around neighborhoods. You excercise and explore the area at the same time. Why you wouldn't be allowed to run? Are you a giant monster? Them better behave yourself or you will have your ass kicked by a giant robot or a guy in a weird costume.
>>
>>1097077
Yeah, you're right. I'll just book some place that is a suitable distance from a park. It's not worth worrying about.
>>
File: 1425246966878.gif (198 KB, 317x266) Image search: [Google]
1425246966878.gif
198 KB, 317x266
>tfw just booked flight to Japan

I can't wait to spend all my money on drink and food, weeb shit and electronics.

And souvenirs.
>>
>>1097002
They aren't cheaper than airbnb options and they kick you and all your stuff out in the morning, so you have to carry all your stuff with you until they let you back in.

It's seriously not a good option for tourist accommodation in Tokyo. If you love the idea of experiencing it, do it once, but don't try to use it as a base while you explore the city. It's not meant for that.
>>
>>1097062
Yoyogi and Meiji-Jingumae in Tokyo are heaven to run through, especially in the summer when you get the trees covering the whole path. So comfortable.
>>
>>1097148
You and me both. Wanna rape me when we go?
>>
>>1097158
Sure thing, how much can your boypucci fit?
>>
>>1097160
8x6 b r e h
>>
>>1096747
This is assuming they even rent to you in the first place. I've seen many a landlord turn someone down for being a foreigner.
>>
>>1096795
The palace grounds aren't open but there's this other special street open apparently. Inui street I think. I just wanted to go to the east garden but then everyone had to go through that one entrance, they closed all the others. It was fast though, not really any waiting involved to go in.
>>
>>1096837
Haha what, you say that as if Japan isn't already 75% creepy kid fiddling old men. Nobody forces jap girls to whore themselves out, they do it willingly.
>>
What airlines do you guys use? Anyone have experience with Aircanada?
>>
>>1097185
I've flown to Tokyo with Air Canada. It was ok. Nothing special. I haven't really had many "nice" flights from USA to Japan, flights that were especially comfortable or fun or anything like that.
>>
>>1097185
Finnair because Winland best land.
>>
>>1097185
Came to this thread to ask this same question, except Air Canada isn't an option for me because I'm Puerto Rican

Is United Airlines any good? Seems to be the cheapest one at the moment
>>
>>1097196
United is usually terrible. I've been stuck with a broken monitor on a flight from USA to Japan on United, meaning nothing to watch, you just have to pass that 16 hours with your iphone or your imagination. Also their food sucks.
>>
>>1097062
i'm also going solo to kyoto, but at the end of may. good luck, anon! this is my first solo trip, pretty nervous/excited.
>>
>>1097171
>Nobody forces jap girls to whore themselves out, they do it willingly.

Given that Japan is a wealthy, first world country where such things are not as much necessary sources of income like in Thailand or elsewhere, you have to understand that a huge percent of girls in Japan who delve into prostitution are damaged in some way--bad family life, mental disorders, etc. This is the unfortunate truth.

Real talk. I have met two girls who have admitted to having done prostitution here. One is a friend. She was molested by her brother growing up. The other was a girl who struggled with her weight and had extreme body image issues.

The responsibility to stop this is not on these mentally/emotionally damaged girls. It is on the powers the that be--that is to say the "creepy, kid fiddling old men" themselves to stop facilitating a culture in Japan where pedophilia is more or less tolerated, prostitution is the norm, and where mental and emotional health issues in general are still mildly stigmatized.

>inb4 sjw, white knight, or any other lazy, obtuse buzzword you want to project at me
>>
>>1096431
I'm a British citizen but I'm Chinese. Will I get lynched? Planning to go on a 2 man holiday for 2 months with a friend.
>>
>>1097216
Yeah and they'll put your head on a pike m8. Better start writing your will.
>>
>>1097216
RIP Britbong Chingchong
>>
>>1097205
Some do it out of necessity as well, single mothers who cannot make a living wage because Japanese paternal culture forces them out of salaried workforce if they have a kid.
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 1357x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 1357x628
>>1097216
You know that the biggest group of immigrants in Japan are the Chinese right?
>>
>>1096751
Not the original anon, but I am a chemical engineer that makes good money at an American company in Nagoya and the Japanese system of rent is fucked. We moved out to bumfuck countryside and bought a house rather than waste money.
>>
>>1097185
Honestly it depends on time of year and what might be a good deal. Either use JAL non stop or Etihad one stop if I am not picky
>>
>>1097205

Your limited anecdotal evidence proves nothing. Prostitution in Japan is no different from prostitution in Thailand, Korea, China, etc. The majority of prostitutes are in the business because it's an easy way to make money -- the only real difference between prostitutes from different countries is what they spend the money on.

>>1097280
the Japanese system of rent is fucked.

So very true. I had to look at >50 apartments before I could find a decent place with a decent landlord. I wasn't sure at the time that I wanted to make a long-term commitment, otherwise I would have thrown in the towel and bought. Buying in Japan is fucked in its own way, too -- at least where I live, apartment/house prices depreciate every year and it's extremely difficult to get anything near what you paid when it comes time to sell.
>>
>>1097279
>You know that the biggest group of immigrants in Japan are the Chinese right?

Not necessarily true. If you separate out Chinese who are studying at Japanese universities (they're not really immigrants, after all), Chinese numbers considerably diminish.
>>
>>1097292
I kind of like the fact that everything in Japan is new because they just bulldoze old shit.
>>
>>1097293
Dude, there are over 600 000 Chinese in Japan as legal immigrants. Not counting the illegal ones and the naturalized ones as the naturalized ones are listed as Japanese.

They range from chefs to pop singers, from politicians to actors. Even the creator of instant noodles that we associate so much with Japan was a Taiwanese that naturalized.
>>
>>1097303

Yeah, but unfortunately most of the new stuff is really cookie-cutter design. Residential buildings especially look all alike.

>>1097310

Counting in such a very broad way doesn't help your argument. Using your criteria, Koreans are far and away the majority non-native population in Japan.
>>
>>1097320
There are a lot of Koreans too but they are close seconds. Also many of them refuse to get Japanese nationality so the Korean numbers are closer to the reality while the Chinese numbers are smaller than the real numbers.

(About Koreans)
>In many cases special residents, despite being born in Japan and only speaking Japanese, have chosen not to take advantage of Japan's mostly automatic granting of citizenship to special resident applicants.
>>
taking a trip w/ bf to Japan for 2 weeks at end of may/beginning of june.

Are there any decent beaches within a day trip of tokyo?
>>
>>1097330
My bf and i are taking a 2 week trip as well but in mid-May! We're doing a day trip to Enoshima and the beaches around there (maybe squeezing in Kamakura too) However, I've read that it gets pretty polluted during the summer and that the beaches are better further east along the coastline.

http://travel.cnn.com/tokyo/play/five-most-picturesque-beaches-within-day-trip-tokyo-739306/
>>
>>1097216
chinese are looked upon as loud, dirty, smelly, rude """people"""
but are still ahead of koreans

just don't be stupid or gross
>>
>>1097205
Uh, what? Most of the ones whoring themselves out just want more spending money.
>>
>>1097337
Because Chinese tourists are fucking awful, they're easily the worst part of visiting Japan.
>>
>>1097340
Pretty much. It is funny how we see people going all moralfag about stuff like this but rarely see on threads about Brazil or SEA where things are many orders of magnitude darker.
>>
File: download.png (8 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8 KB, 290x174
Gentlemen, I call upon you to share your experiences at the most beautiful Culinary Establishment that Japan has to offer; the CoCo Curry House.

I blessed my Digestive System in one of these Palaces earlier this afternoon in NishiAzabu, Tokyo, with what can only be described as the Food of the Gods, I am slowly working through the Spice Levels 1~10, this afternoon I had Level 6 and I feel I am ready. I call upon my fellow anons in Tokyo to indulge in a meal here and join me in having the Highest Spice Level, 10.
>>
>>1097292
Funny that you criticize me for presenting anecdotal evidence to support my claim and then counter with... no evidence(?) to back your counter claim.

I knew I'd face pushback. So be it. I'm a foreign service professional who has been in Japan and I am half Japanese mysel. This is the culture I know and the society I've observed in half a decade here. Whats most funny is that I didnt even say "most" I just said a large percent. If you dont accept that what I outlined is the reality for a large percentage of prostitutes you quite ignorant or.refuse to believe it for ulterior reasons.
>>
>>1097276
Very true.

Furthermore the sex industry feeds into other aspects of it. While Desperate salary men keep the hostess bar industry afloat its prostitutes who keep the host bar industry afloat.
>>
>>1097363
It's decent
>>
>>1097363
I've had 10 before, it gets a little unpleasant towards the end but it doesn't leave you dying. I'd rather just eat 6 or 7 I think, I like to enjoy my food.
>>
>>1097368
>I didnt even say "most" I just said a large percent.

You said a "huge percent," which any reasonable person would interpret as "most/a majority."

>If you dont accept that what I outlined is the reality for a large percentage of prostitutes you quite ignorant or.refuse to believe it for ulterior reasons.

But you still present no evidence for what you say, other than the experiences of two women you claim you spoke with. You support your further claim that prostitution in Japan is different from that in "Thailand or elsewhere" with no evidence whatsoever. And then you round it all up with a nasty little ad hominem attack, which -- at least in my experience -- is a tacit admission that you know you have no argumentative leg to stand on.

As there seems to be no research on why women in Japan (or in almost all other countries) become prostitutes, the best course is to follow Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is the correct one -- the majority does it because it's easy money and requires no skills to ply.
>>
>>1097420
What about male prostitution? How common is that in Japan? Or how easy would it be, as a white male foreigner, to get to fuck nice Japanese boypucci?
>>
>>1096840
>that's pretty neat Charles
>>
>>1097425

I have zero idea. What's with the "pucci," anyway? Is /trv/ filtering? "Pucci" reminds me of a guy I used to know (a foreign service guy, actually) who always made a special dip he called "pucky" for office parties. He told me the secret ingredient was his own jizz. I was damn glad I never worked with him.
>>
>>1096840
>They have arcades for MILES in Hokkaido.
I'm in Hokkaido, where is this?
>>
>>1097452
Wakkanai.
>>
>>1097280
Out if curiosity how did you land that gig? I was under the impression that CEs are underpaid in Japan compared to salaries in the US and EU. If you are paid well how does that pay compare to your Japanese coworkers? Did you start in the states and transfer? Do you get paid in USD or yen? Thanks for any answers, I try to pick the mind if every person I come across living there with a non English teacher job.
>>
>>1097453
lol
>>
>>1097155
Thank you! I looked them up, and it looks they're about 3-4 km from my place. It'd be doable to go run there.

>>1097201
Thanks! I should have an easy "landing" since before Kyoto I'll be in Osaka and Tokyo with the group, and all of them have been in Japan before. I hope your trip goes well!
>>
Any chance i could get some advice m8's?

Going to tokyo next month, always wanted to ride the bullet train and see mount fuji, but i'm reading bad reviews about do that.

Any interesting day trips i could take the bullet train for?

Any advice on the best way see mount fuji?

Cheers
>>
File: url.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>1097459
> good money at an American company
> American company
even if you live on the moon, you can get paid like an american
>>
>>1097476
bad reviews about what exactly? Seeing Mt. Fuji or riding the bullet train? Either of those activities is fine really
>>
>>1097480
I read bad reviews about the organised tours which combine a mount fuji day trip with a return to tokyo via bullet train.

Basically they said that once you get to fuji there's basically nothing to see there.
>>
>>1096837
Fucking lol @ the pathetic teachers that replied to your comment
1.) HURR YOUR A VIRGIN
2.) UHH THERES TONS OF PEDOS ALREADY IN JAPAN

Notice how neither of the replies denies being pedo creeps lol
>>
>>1096929
Why the fuck would an adult person pay thousands to get a diploma so they can teach kids in a developed country english?

there is not reason other then the fact you are either pedos/weaboos or losers who think nippon will change your ways/life
>>
>>1097483
well it's true that you won't see much of Mt. Fuji when you're actually close to it compared to a point further away. But you can just take the Shinkansen to some other place if you really want to where you can see Mt. Fuji from
>>
>>1097491
Would you pay thousands on a diploma to teach kids on an undeveloped country?

Personally I would do it because I can have a reasonable quality of life in Japan even with a simple job like that and it would be many orders of magnitude safe from where I am from. But I'm not from an English speaking country so I have to look for longer routes.
>>
>>1097476
Just go yourself. No need to pay a middle man to take extra money from you. It's not like you need a guide, the trail is huge - more like a road. Bullet train to Fuji is a bit of a waste of money since it's only like an hour or two trip anyway. You'll pay double so you can save an hour.

Take the train or take one of the buses that goes directly to station 5 on Mt Fuji from Shinjuku.
>>
>>1097500
Can you use JR pass for that bus?
>>
>>1097341
Chinese tourists are terrible everywhere. I wish the Chinese government would shut down any Chinese group tour operators. The groups are when they behave the worst.
>>
>>1097501
Nope. It's not that expensive though, like $20 each way and it brings you directly there. If you took the train you'd still need to catch a bus up the mountain anyway (unless you're doing it traditional style from the bottom - almost no one does that)
>>
>>1097503
If I understood correctly the public transport to Fuji in off season (now) is very limited.
>>
>>1097513
When does it re open?
>>
>>1097459
Relatively on par with industry average. A little less because they provide some other benefits like company car and pay kids school. I would have no way of knowing solid numbers on my Japanese counterparts but if I had to make a rough guess from our drunken conversations at bars they may be 70~75% of my salary
>>
>>1097515
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/fuji.html
Going to Tokyo on saturday and would like to visit Fuji. Hopefully there is some transport.
>>
>>1097520
This early in the season sounds like a bad idea. The official climbing season doesn't start until July and I don't know how many, if any at all, mountain huts are going to be open on the way so you'll have to be prepared to climb 14 hours without being able to stop in any huts for drinks or food or warmth.

That said, here's the timetable for off-season buses. I don't think you can get one straight from Tokyo to the 5th station, it's too early for that, so you have to go to Fujisan Station and then catch a Fujikyu Bus, here's the timetable for those buses that operate everyday in the off-season http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/fuji.html
>>
File: IMG_1518.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1518.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>1096494
Tokyo a million times. Osaka can be done in a day, while a week in Tokyo will barely scrape the surface.
>>
>>1097615
Shit I lived in Tokyo for 2 years and still don't feel like I've seen even 10% of the city. I went out every weekend to a new neighborhood or event or festival or something and yet there's still so much more to see and do. It's a mind-bogglingly huge and dense city unlike anything I've ever experienced before.
>>
>>1096706
I have a dumb question.
I'm staying in a dorm type place for 3 weeks. is a capsule hotel a good place to go wank? foreign countries are stressful, that helps.
>>
>>1097620
That would be a $40 wank.

Just wank in the shower like a teenager.
>>
>>1097292
I thought only natural born citizens could buy property in japan? Did they change this?
Is Japan taking the fist early steps into being cucked by shit-tier culture countries with high bitrthrates? It always starts slow.
>>
>>1097624
communal shower :(
and I'm a uptight American.
>>
>>1097628
Wank in the toilet? For $40 you could go to shinjuku and have a girl wank you instead.
>>
>>1097625
Haha what. Foreigners have been able to own property for a long time. Doesn't mean you'll get the visas to live there though.
>>
>>1096837
>the little prostitution link he includes just enables them.
I think he does that to try and UNCLOG the thread with that crap.
>>
>>1097628
>>1097630

It's like $40 to have a girl blow you till you cum in in pink salons in Shinjuku.
>>
>>1097639
If you're a foreigner good luck finding a pink salon that will take you that isn't just full of grandmas.
>>
>>1097650
>not wanting a GILF BJ

fgt
>>
File: 1445298474891.jpg (270 KB, 900x744) Image search: [Google]
1445298474891.jpg
270 KB, 900x744
Has anyone been to Japan through JCMU? How was it? I am thinking of going for the summer through them in Hikone.
Also how is Hikone? I've heard it's boring but that's sort of what I'm going for, I will be doing a lot of studying.
>>
>>1097651
I'd much rather have a 18-20 year old qt
>>
>>1097634
I don't think it's in your best interests to reply to a troll
>>1097659
What the fuck is Hikone? I'm not even your typical foreigner who only knows about Tokyo but I have never heard of this place. And yes, it sounds very boring.

JCMU is obviously very specific so the odds of finding someone from Michigan here are not great.
>>
>>1097679
I am from Massachusetts and am using JCMU. I am mainly hoping to find someone who has been to Hikone. I've read blog posts etc but have read mixed results. If you go there in the next month or so, let me know!
>>
>>1097650
There are a bunch of them that take foreigners. Hinomaru is the most famous one. Google "Tokyo pinsaro" for info. pinsaro = pink salon in Japanglish.
>>
>>1097686
>Hikone

Do you mean Hakone?
>>
>>1097689
I'm afraid not
>>
>>1097688
>that isn't full of grandmas
Hinomaru isn't know for its selection of young women, it's actually known for the opposite. Same for the other two foreigner friendly pinsaro. I know some people don't give a shot but it's better to know ahead of time what you're getting into.
>>
>>1097695
Idk about Pink Salons but there are Soaplands and delivery health that cater to foreigners where the girls aren't just grandmas.

I'm not a whoremonger and I personally don't get it, but I know this is true.
>>
>>1097679
There is a Hikone on the east shore of Lake Biwa. It's about a 50 minute train ride to Kyoto.
>>
>>1097695
I was responding to the part about none of them taking foreigners. They do take foreigners. Also, the girls aren't that old, like mid 30's usually.

Besides it doesn't matter, point is kid can get his rocks off without renting his own jerk off capsule.
>>
>>1097679
>>
>>1097679
>>
>>1097679
>>
>>1097715
>>1097716
>>1097717
Moar. These give me motivation to keep trying.
>>
I've always heard xenophobia is big in Japan but I just got back from my WESTPAC with a few things that surprised me. After it all, I can't really see why people want to live in Japan.

>Love foreign tourists, hate foreign residents
>Can't vote if not native born
>Non-Japanese can be denied pretty much anything
>Tattoos are obviously an issue (I have several, one from every port I've hit.)

And perhaps my favorite story

>Walk into convenience store with black friend
>Immediately screamed at by tiny shop-lady, forced to leave
>Black people aren't allowed in the store
>Black people aren't allowed in 75% of establishments outside of tourism areas
>Black friend slumps down and nods, saying, "Yes, massa! Right away, massa!" Every time he gets yelled for being black for the rest of shore leave.
>Eventually have it so I go in and buy things and bring them back out since he isn't accepted.

You never really appreciate the freedoms granted in America until you don't have them. Out of real curiosity, not criticism, why do people want to live in Japan? I love travel and the foreign lands myself but I think Bahrain was the only place I felt less at home.
>>
>>1097741
I'm neither tattooed nor black, but that story sucks. Where was this?
>>
>>1097741
>>Black people aren't allowed in 75% of establishments outside of tourism areas

This is 100% bullshit. Like literally so dumb that you would even think that. The only places that might have a problem with black people are brothels because they're afraid their dicks are too big for the girls working there.

Where did you go? I lived in Tokyo and Shikoku and traveled all around and have never seen something like this, let alone accepting that it's something "75% of establishments" do.
>>
>>1097741
>Tattoos are obviously an issue
And thank God for that. At least there's one place left in the world where this kind of faggotry isn't encouraged.

>>1097750
Not the anon you're responding to, but I'd bet the story took place in Okinawa. Okinawans don't like the US military being there, and there have been several well-publicized incidents of military guys raping local women and girls.
>>
>>1097754
I suspected Okinawa as well, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. As an American I know to stay far away from it.
>>
>>1097741

>Love foreign tourists, hate foreign residents

Excellent. Goes to show that the perverts are a loud minority confined to sleazy drinking establishments and vastly outnumbered by decent folks who just want to visit respectfully.

>Can't vote if not native born

Good

>Non-Japanese can be denied pretty much anything

TRUE freedom that Amerikwans can't comprehend. Don't want to bake a fag a cake? Don't want to rent to someone for a certain reason? You don't have a choice.

>Tattoos are obviously an issue

Tattoo's are disgusting on a number of levels.
Did you know that when the Jap's were rolling through China, they'd pick out and execute all the men sporting them? Even back then, tattoo's were associated with criminals and secret societies, and they knew those people would cause problems.

>You never really appreciate the freedoms granted in America until you don't have them.

The modern American concept of freedom is so skewed.
>>
>>1097759
Why don't you go back to the 1920s where your ideas on discrimination would be accepted?
>>
>>1097758
Jesus fucking christ, they should be banned from traveling ever again.

At the end of the day, it's just a bath, but it's symbolic of how you treat your host country. Almost all American and European tourists I've seen are pretty concerned with being as respectful as possible and don't do anything unless they see other people do it first and when they attempt it, they make sure they're doing it right.

Just barging in and fucking the place up without a second thought makes me rage.
>>
>>1097699
whats the going rate of a soapland? do the cops really not care? I'm generally super extra law abiding overseas .
>>1097712
> the girls aren't that old, like mid 30's usually
that is pretty old in the sex for pay businesses.
-
>>1097741
The weebs that want to live there hate blacks too.
>>
>>1097777
Soap lands are 100% legal and government licensed. Prices go anywhere from 20000 yen to 100000 yen on the high end, depending on length of your appointment, services etc.
>>
>>1096680
Nice :)
>>
>>1097774
>Do they always do this wherever they are?
Hundreds of millions of Chinese just got lifted out of poverty, so many of them are noveau riche and have no idea how to act like the rest of the developed world. It was a big enough problem that the government had to step in, yes.
http://www.whiterabbitcollection.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/GUIDE-TO-CIVILISED-TOURISM-1-English-Translation-of-Extracts.pdf
http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/05/08/405183120/beijing-clamps-down-on-chinese-tourists-behaving-badly
>>
There was a chinese tourist bus stop outside my Room, it was terrible.
>>
>>1097783
>He welcomes the new rules. He thinks they'll help him to help tourists avoid the most common forms of bad behavior, such as cutting in line, littering, smoking and talking loudly where they're not allowed.

Our travel party experienced this barbarism firsthand. Do they not fear repercussions?
>>
>>1097786
They're like ye olde American tourists of yore. Unless they're so fantastically bad they end up on the news like the people featured in these articles, it's hard to track down and punish people for relatively trivial things like this.
>>
>>1097786
This is the natural result of the Cultural Revolution and China's later switch to de facto capitalism.

Mao and his child Red Guards pretty much had anyone with half a brain killed in China, the rest fled. The results of the Four Pests Campaign where they told literally everyone in China to go outside and shoot sparrows was a massive infestation of locusts which destroyed the crop harvests and caused a famine that killed 60 million people. The dumb farmers that survived the famine were the pushy rude ones who didn't wait in line for shit, they just grabbed it because it meant survival. Those people are the parents of these tourists now invading everywhere in the world. There is no upper or middle class in China to show them how to act, it's just descendants of starving uneducated farmers and now those people have money to leave their country and engage their ignorant starving farmer behavior everywhere.
>>
>>1097753
For some reason there is a lot of people who never travelled in their life full of "facts" about Japan.

Right now we are in a dying city with a group of foreigners including two black guys and I don't see anyone being mistreated.

Also Japanese citzens can vote. If a person gets Japanese citzenship this person is listed as Japanese, not ethnic-group-japanese like they do in america where people are labeled as ethnic-group-american.

Personally between the countries I have lived for at least some months, my tropical paradise homeland (aka third world corruption and crime den), New Zealand and Japan the last one is the place I feel most comfortable.
>>
How to get a cheap ticket from Eastern Europe?
>>
What do you do when youre stuck in tokyo at 1:30am in the rain with luggage but every hotel, every business hotel, every net cafe, every everything is full?
>>
>>1097913
I don't think that is a probable, if something like that happens there is a good chance that god indeed exist and he decided to fuck with you. but you can just get on the circular metro and stay there indefinitely. Since you have your luggage some train station underground walkways are open (even if one of the end is closed) homeless people use them to sleep so you can just open your suitcase, get some stuff to lay on/cover yourself and take a nap until morning.
>>
>>1097915
Oh well its more than probable its happening right now.

I thought the trains stopped around 12
>>
>>1097924
Not even 24 hour places like mcdonalds will allow anything but take out. Used to be able to sit in there. But not now
>>
And all the stations are all locked up

Fuck it im done.
Ive had enough of japans bullshit. North korea was better than this shit
>>
>>1097913
Not fuck up next time I guess, don't envy you
>>
>>1097941
Yeah of course, its all my fault. Never circumstantial.

This is why you dont have friends, 4chan
>>
>>1097913
Even love hotels?
>>
>>1097913
Open your bags, throw their contents into the ocean, stand in the middle of the street with your arms extended out to greet god and ponder how you managed to fuck up this bad as the rain soaks every inch of you.
>>
>>1097943
Whose fault is it if not yours? You're the one who went out unprepared and uneducated about local schedules. You can only blame yourself. It sucks but that's the way it is.
>>
>>1097943
who says we want friends
>>
>>1097943
Why would I want to be friends with someone who can't figure out how to google train schedules?
>>
>>1097874
The other guy is totally full of shit. Black people love Japan because they are typically treated better than in the US and the inevitable racism that comes is usually light and applied evenly to literally everyone that is not Japanese.
>>
>>1097979
>inevitable racism that comes is usually light and applied evenly to literally everyone that is not Japanese
It's a silver lining I guess, unless you are a Nigerian and work as a street tout
>>
>>1097984
The only people that give the Nigerians any shit are white tourists. They all speak much better Japanese and understand the culture more than most of the other foreigners in Japan.
>>
>>1097913
there is a whole industry catered around people who miss the last train in japan.
soaplands, reguler massages, bars, food places,
>>
>>1097985
>The only people that give the Nigerians any shit are white tourists. They all speak much better Japanese and understand the culture more than most of the other foreigners in Japan.
I'm sure the Japanese appreciate foreign criminals. The officers at Azabu love deporting the fucks
>>
>>1097985
lol wat

Have you never interacted with the Nigerian touts? Most of them barely speak Japanese and are fresh off the plane from "the bush". The only things most of them know about Japanese culture is how much they can get away with and not be bothered by the police.

I used to live on Takeshita street and I talked with those dudes almost everyday.
>>
>>1097989
Because their black they are criminals right? Most of them are extremely good about staying on the right side of the law because their families back home are depending on their money. For most their biggest crime is over staying their visa and any real crime they commit is always at the command of their yakuza boss that actually owns the club or bar they are working at.
>>
>>1097995
>Because their black they are criminals right?
No, because they are Nigerians

>>1097995
> Most of them are extremely good about staying on the right side of the law
You mean engaging in criminal activity and not getting caught

>For most their biggest crime is over staying their visa
A crime

>and any real crime they commit is always at the command of their yakuza boss that actually owns the club or bar they are working at.
Also a crime
>>
>>1097996
You've never interacted with any of them for more than a minute
>>
>>1097995
stop giving him (You)s, just ignore
>>
If I'm in tokyo/kyoto and I'm trying to talk to someone about the subway station, would I say chikatetsu no eki or densha no eki?
>>
>>1098108
Chikatetsu no eki, I believe, but usually you'll be referring to a specific station like "shinjuku eki". Also, in Tokyo and Kyoto lots of people speak English, so I wouldn't worry about needing to know many Japanese phrases.
>>
>>1097185
DO NOT FUCK WITH DELTA
>>
>>1098108
You can just say "eki"
>>
>>1097185
A good rule of thumb is that if the airline is based in North America it will be shit compared to basically any other airline you could take overseas
>>
>>1098200
I would disagree with that as a rule of thumb -- the "Third World" is crawling with sketchy airlines.

But yeah, the best of the international airlines, being supported by subsidies from their base countries are pretty sweet.
>>
>>1098144
This, delta is shit. Japan airlines is super comfy though, even in economy
>>
>>1098206
I guess it needs to be more detailed, but the cheap crappy airlines don't do international flights in and out of America. Atleast not that I know of. Any examples of noticeably worse than United/AA/Delta that fly out of America?
>>
>>1096728

Four-year ECC teacher here from 2008-2012. It was great, but might be slightly less great now from what I hear from friends who are still there.

Fuck JET anyway. ECC seems much freer from what I can tell. Steady salary every month, work your 29.5 hours a week, and otherwise you're just there living your life. Take a side job, get married, whatever. Shit, one of my buddies from California opened his own bar in Kobe after two years with ECC.
>>
>>1098208
JAL is quite meh tier when compared to other Asian airlines. It's about as comfy as an average European airline, meaning it's not bad, but not great either.
>>
>>1098208
>>1098144
>>1098200
Elaborate please? I'm thinking of taking delta using my mile points (or whatever they are called)
>>
>>1098275
My first departure from Detroit was late by about 2 hours, then in Seattle the flight was cancelled and we had to wait until the following evening at 7pm or so to take off, ended up losing close to 2 days of the trip to that. They did give us $400 per person vouchers but they issued them at around 1am when we arrived in Seattle and they expired before we even got back to the airport the next day.
>>
>>1098275
Also chiming in to join the chorus that Delta is shit and I wish they went out of business 10 years ago.
>>
Asking this here since some you might had slept in airports.
How's in Budapest terminal?
>>
File: Beer-Tokyo.png (298 KB, 354x350) Image search: [Google]
Beer-Tokyo.png
298 KB, 354x350
Hitting Tokyo for 3 nights in about month. Where would you guys recommend for nightlife? I'm planning on Roppongi for one night, but any tips on rock bars or nightclubs?
>>
>>1097363
I don't mind the chicken katsu. Always 普通で because I'm a faggot.
>>
>>1098375
I don't think clubs where they play rock music is a thing anywhere in Tokyo
>>
>>1098275
I fly to Japan once or twice a year and I've flown all major US and Japanese carriers.

ANA is the best with JAL a half step behind.
The American carriers are all universally much worse. Of the 3 carriers in the US I would go United>America>Delta.

For Japanese carriers the staff is always younger and more energetic because they staff their international lines with the best and hottest. Its literally the opposite in the US as most of the long haul routes to major destinations are staffed by the most senior Flight attendants. The food is also an order of magnitude better on Japanese carriers. when I first had my kids and was flying to back to visit my wife's family, ANA actually had people waiting at the gate to carry our shit at no extra charge on economy tickets, I also didn't have to wait in in any lines for my local connections.
>>
>>1098462
Are you being facetious
>>
File: Japanese food.jpg (119 KB, 736x572) Image search: [Google]
Japanese food.jpg
119 KB, 736x572
Could you guys recommend me a some good Japan food blogs or a site that reviews restaurants like zomato or yelp I want to decide on some restaurants to visit when i'm in japan.
>>
Flying tomorrow. I'm a bit anxious. I've never solo traveled before. I've already packed everything I think. How do I sleep this night? How to make sure I ain't forgetting anything? Any ways to hype up?
>>
>>1098532
The first time I went to Japan I changed my sleeping habits to Japan before leaving my country on the other side of the planet so any Jet lag I could have I would have it in the plane where I can just put an eye mask and ear plugs and rest. Now seems like I mastered sleeping on odd times. I can fall sleep at any time of the day. Also I can keep going even when tired more than my friends. Not sure if this is a personal trait that I improved or a skill that anyone can develop in the first time I went to Japan I worked on a weekly shifting turns and between that and the next time I had many all nighters studying so I would stay awake for 48 hours non-stop or 72 hours with naps. Maybe that is how I got this. I don't recommend, it was a very stressful period of my life and possibly subtracted some time from my lifespan.
>>
>>1098520
Trip advisor has a healthy mix of reviews and a pretty strong presence in Japan. If that isn't real enough for you, use yahoo Joan and tabelog
>>
I want to travel to Japan next March (we want to see the flowers bloom!) with my little sister. She will be 19 by than and I will be 26. I am going to surprise her with the tickets :-) but she will have to save money to buy stuff their. I'm paying the tickets and he airbnb costs because I work full time.

How much pocket money should we bring each for 2 weeks? We love food, everything that is cute, shopping and sightseeing. I am a huge weeb but I am not planning on buying a lot of animu stuff. We will mostly eat and buy clothes and cute accesoiries probably.

And is airbnb the best option? 2 weeks is only 500 euros for 2 people!

I want to stay 1 week in Tokyo and 1 week in ???. What do you suggest?

Brb reading this topic.
>>
>>1098565
Just go Tokyo and Kyoto that's what everyone does and it fits a two week itinerary. Your budget can be anything quite honest on how cheap you need to be.
>>
>>1098568
1 week Tokyo and 1 week Kyoto? I have the feeling there is less to do in Kyoto so maybe 10 days Tokyo and 4 days Kyoto?
>>
Hello friends!

>24y male white
I am traveling to Tokyo tomorrow and i have never been there before.
The only thing i have seen of Tokyo is through youtube and stuff like that.

Do you guys have some MUST SEE places/stuff that you would reccomend?

I enjoy Vidya and anime so Akihabara is a no brainer, i'm not a complete weeb though!
Beside that i am open to try anything!

>inb4 low powerlevel
>>
>>1098583
I'm going there tomorrow too! For how long are you staying?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.