[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shopping in Japan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: CFXTuxWUMAAcQ3s.jpg (71 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CFXTuxWUMAAcQ3s.jpg
71 KB, 600x800
hey guys, I'm visiting Japan this summer and will be landing in Tokyo. Any suggestions on where to go shopping for fashion, places to eat in Tokyo and nearby cities?
>>
>>1096290
Literally everywhere and all the cities
>>
how old are you?
>>
I'm 22
>>
>>1096374
This. All food is good everywhere in Japan and the standard for everyday fashion is higher so there's good shopping everywhere. Look for tokyo haul youtube videos for ideas and maybe Google lists of 'recycle shops'
>>
For shopping high fashion go to Ginza and Harajuku.

For all other shopping just go anywhere. Literally.
>>
>>1096290
Depends on what you're shopping for, what's your style, how old you are, budget, etc.

Tokyo is the biggest city on Earth and also one of the richest, it turns out there are a lot of options for clothes shopping there.
>>
>>1096616
>Harajuku
>high fashion

If by "high fashion" you mean bootleg NBA/hip hop swag and other tacky shit.

The real answer is Ginza and Omotesando.

Also, there is a Japan General, people.
>>
you should eat TENDON of KANEKO-HANNOSUKE at nihonbashi
>>
>>1096491
food is not good all over japan, I have eaten at plenty shitty places in Japan
>>
>>1096290
Harajuku is a good place to start, generally. You've got Omotesando for your high end brands, Takeshita for cheap, younger brands (and the side streets of Takeshita for hip hop shit sold by Nigerians pretending to be from Brooklyn). And if you cross Meiji Dori you've got the little labyrinth of boutique designer shops all over the place. Their clothes are pretty expensive, but all one of a kinds that are a little more adventurous with their style than what you'd find elsewhere.

If you're into college age bohemian style stuff, go to Shimokitazawa and rummage through all the second hand stores there. They have some boutiques there, too, but they're mostly going for the same look that you'd get for 10% of the price in the second hand shops.
>>
>>1096697

there's alot of designer stuff in Harajuku. Maybe you never came across them. Rick/Wang/Supreme whatever..
>>
>>1096697
Wait are you one of those dumbasses that thinks that Harajuku is just that one tiny little street next to the Yamanote line station with all the crepes and mostly clothing for 13-17 year old girls on takeshita street? The main part of Harajuku has literally every single major brand plus a ton of smaller ones and its connected to Omotesando for even more high fashion.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.