[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I'm going to China next Saturday. Do you know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Hey guys, I'm going to China next Saturday. Do you know a good VPN to get internet access there?
>>
which city
>>
>>1096158
Shanghai
>>
>>1096159

how long, what do you plan to do there
>>
>>1096161
Business and college, like 2 months
>>
>>1096147
Used to live there but it's been a while.

I'd say download the latest version of Freegate before you go. Maybe there are better ones now, though.

In Shanghai, be sure to check out the Museum of Chinese Propaganda Art on Huashan Lu. And watch a sunset from Captain's Bar at the top of Captain's Youth Hostel in the Bund so as to see Lujiazui light up.

Shanghai is a fun city and 2 months is a good amount of time to see some interesting shit in China and party all the time before the pollution and rudeness starts to bum you out.
>>
Don't do it. They've been deporting foreigners for VPN use. If you need to, tunnel through TOR.
>>
>>1096181
>They've been deporting foreigners for VPN use
[citation needed]
>>
>>1096181
>They've been deporting foreigners for VPN use
lol wat
>>
>>1096181
tor is probably the last thing you should even takk about in china, and you probably arent going to be checking your facebook on tor. i dont think op is looking to buy a gun.
>>
>>1096147
is 4chan blocked in china?
>>
>>1096869

yessir
>>
Not OP, but I will be in Beijing in a few months. I use NordVPN, anyone know if it works well there?
>>
>>1096181
As someone who's been using a VPN in China for the last few months;
>citation needed
>>
>>1096869
wasn't blocked last year when I was there. not sure about present though.
>>
I used vpn.sh while I was there. It was £2.00 for 10GB if I recall correctly, with unlimited time to use it. Sometimes you'll have to try with different countries, but it worked well enough for access to Google/Gmail (blocked in China).
>>
Astrill is the only one that works consistently. I've also tried vyprvpn, expressvpn, and purevpn.
>>
>>1096869
No, but the Google's captcha is.
>>
Last month I've used VyprVPN, works most of the time. Pretty good and easy to use on my iPhone.
>>
Astrill

Worked well when I lived in China

Also there's a smartphone app for it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.