[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to move near San Jose I can't figure out which option
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1459099966260.png (535 KB, 1916x941) Image search: [Google]
1459099966260.png
535 KB, 1916x941
Want to move near San Jose

I can't figure out which option to use, but I'm leaning towards the train. I'm open to anything though, even backpacking. I want the best experience possible on the way there since CA will probably be so radically different and I've never been to a big city before. I also want to meet tons of people on the way.

I figured asking /n/ would be the best avenue here
>>
hope you have a lot saved up. first+last+security deposit is going to run you at least $3-5k, with monthly rent of $1500 for a one bedroom apartment, even in the shitty parts of town. and you need a car to reasonably get around, or be prepared for a 10 minute drive to take 90 minutes with all the stops and transfers.

sorry to shit on your parade, just want you to be forewarned instead of waiting til you get here to get hit by sticker shock.
>>
SJ doesn't really have a big city feel, it's more like one giant suburb.
>>
>>1096203
This

Grew up there, downtown is THE only place that gives that big city place. Be careful, crime of all sorts has been on a rise over the past few years.
>>
>>1096007
Dont i lived in san jose for three years and saw people get robbed at gunpoint my apt got broken into many times.
>>
>>1096976
You promise?

>>1096179
Money isnt an issue
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.